HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: You knew it was coming..... Perry to Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1370901)

ShockerStasiuk 03-08-2013 12:48 PM

You knew it was coming..... Perry to Edmonton
 
Flame away but I think this makes sense

OILERS TRADE:
Yakupov
Hemsky
Dubnyk
2nd Rnd Pick

DUCKS TRADE:
a Resigned Perry
Hiller

Reasoning:

Ducks don't have the $$$ to resign Perry and Selanne is PROBABLY retiring after this year... they replace their #1 and #2 RW with last years first round pick Yak and Hemmer

I've never been sold on Dubby as being anything more than a solid backup and with Fasth having the season he's having Hiller makes sense to go to Edmonton especially with his Swiss background (Krueger coach).

Oilers roll with the top 2 lines of:

Hall / RNH / Ebs
MPS / Gags / Perry

Ducks roll with

Ryan / Getzlaf / Yak
Winnik / Koivu? / Hemmer

I dunno.... some will hate it I'm sure but if the Ducks are risking losing Perry for nothing replacing Perry / Selanne with Yak / Hemmer doesn't seem like a bad option IMO.

officeglen 03-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShockerStasiuk (Post 61250631)
... a Resigned Perry ...

why does Perry agree with this?

sully1410 03-08-2013 12:57 PM

This makes no sense. The last thing that the oilers need to do is trade away their one star player on an ELC for a star player with a ****ing monster contract.

I'm not convinced that this deal does anything to make the Oilers better. Dubnyk is a pretty good goalie, so there is really no need to trade him, and Hemsky has been dynamite this year.

Paul4587 03-08-2013 12:57 PM

Edmonton might want to look at addressing their blueline before chasing guys like Perry.

Live in the Now 03-08-2013 12:57 PM

That organization is not on the up. Why would he sign there long term?

zeus3007* 03-08-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul4587 (Post 61251197)
Edmonton might want to look at addressing their blueline before chasing guys like Perry.

The biggest problem the Oilers have is softness among forwards. We could sure use a top pairing d-man to play with Justin Schultz so Nick Schultz can play as a depth player where he belongs, but aside from addressing that need, our defense is ok with J. Schultz, Smid, Petry, Fistric and N. Schultz. Plus, we have some really good defense prospects coming up. Getting some forwards with grit who know how to win is the biggest area of weakness. Which is why Perry would be ideal for the Oilers. But as I said in a previous post, I doubt Edmonton has much chance at getting him.

Reclamation Project 03-08-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychoil (Post 61252059)
Srlsy bro? Why don't u just take all 5 kids, and our first round picks for the next six years too.

That's the worst trade proposal I've ever seen in my life

Yeah, that's brutal.

Suddenly7 03-08-2013 01:13 PM

Murray bursts into a hilarious laugh
Calls Burke and ask Tambellini to make the offer again
Burke and Murray laugh till Tambellini hangs up

Do you honesty think Anaheim and Edmonton are going to trade anytime soon?

The Bored Man 03-08-2013 01:14 PM

1. Perry wouldn't sign here long term.
2. The two proposals are stupid overpayments for an upcoming UFA.
3. If the Oilers are whale-hunting, they should do it for a centre or defenceman.

Bobby Smash 03-08-2013 01:20 PM

Perry for Hall, 1st, and 2nd.

zeus3007* 03-08-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly7 (Post 61252315)
Murray bursts into a hilarious laugh
Calls Burke and ask Tambellini to make the offer again
Burke and Murray laugh till Tambellini hangs up

Do you honesty think Anaheim and Edmonton are going to trade anytime soon?

Can you explain why they wouldn't? Not for Perry of course, but why would the two teams not trade if there was something beneficial for both sides?

Petes2424 03-08-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul4587 (Post 61251197)
Edmonton might want to look at addressing their blueline before chasing guys like Perry.

After watching the Oilers last few games, they need to do a lot more than just fix the blueline. Their forwards are skating around waiting for someone else to make something happen.

kasper11 03-08-2013 01:22 PM

How is Edmonton going to bring in a guy like Perry at $8M+ and then re-sign RNH, Hall, Yak, Schultz plus improve the d in the coming years?

The Bored Man 03-08-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Smash (Post 61252727)
Perry for Hall, 1st, and 2nd.

Adam Hall plays for Tampa.

IceDaddy 03-08-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShockerStasiuk (Post 61250631)
Flame away but I think this makes sense

OILERS TRADE:
Yakupov
Hemsky
Dubnyk
2nd Rnd Pick

DUCKS TRADE:
a Resigned Perry
Hiller

Reasoning:

Ducks don't have the $$$ to resign Perry and Selanne is PROBABLY retiring after this year... they replace their #1 and #2 RW with last years first round pick Yak and Hemmer

I've never been sold on Dubby as being anything more than a solid backup and with Fasth having the season he's having Hiller makes sense to go to Edmonton especially with his Swiss background (Krueger coach).

Oilers roll with the top 2 lines of:

Hall / RNH / Ebs
MPS / Gags / Perry

Ducks roll with

Ryan / Getzlaf / Yak
Winnik / Koivu? / Hemmer

I dunno.... some will hate it I'm sure but if the Ducks are risking losing Perry for nothing replacing Perry / Selanne with Yak / Hemmer doesn't seem like a bad option IMO.


So the oilers get the better forward and the better goalie.

The Ducks get an average goalie, an unproven young guy, and a soft forward who is often injured. Oh and the usual 2nd rounder.....

wow yea I dont think the Ducks could manage to hang up the phone before they start laughing......

Paranoid Android 03-08-2013 01:27 PM

We knew it was coming? Perry to Edmonton would have been my last guess...

I think Edmonton would be going in the wrong direction with this trade. Try to land him July 1st. If not, continue on the rebuild and start winning some games.

The Bored Man 03-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 61253055)
So the oilers get the better forward and the better goalie.

The Ducks get an average goalie, an unproven young guy, and a soft forward who is often injured. Oh and the usual 2nd rounder.....

wow yea I dont think the Ducks could manage to hang up the phone before they start laughing......

Man, you're going to be disappointed with what he actually gets traded for.

Suddenly7 03-08-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 61252813)
Can you explain why they wouldn't? Not for Perry of course, but why would the two teams not trade if there was something beneficial for both sides?

At this point I believe the relationship between Anaheim and Edmonton isn't great because of what happen recently (JSchultz). Looking at the trade I can you right off the bat that both Yakupov and Hemsky are very small players which is something Anaheim is trying to get away from. I don't doubt their talent but again I would prefer what Perry brings to our lineup than Yakupov and Hemsky. Looking further into the trade Anaheim doesn't need a goal tender since we have two prospects that can come up and perform for us.

Just my two cents on the trade.

Shrimper 03-08-2013 01:30 PM

Edmonton need D. Not more Forwards.

Also. Why would Perry sign for Edmonton after signing a new deal with the ducks?

Sean Garrity 03-08-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bored Man (Post 61253193)
Man, you're going to be disappointed with what he actually gets traded for.

He wont be traded.

Wizeman* 03-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclamation Project (Post 61252229)
Yeah, that's brutal.

Not if your a ducks fan it aint.

I guess my point eluded you . The original trade proposal is pathetic, so I counter proposed just as pathetic the other way.

If you dish it out, prepare to take it too. :handclap:

IceDaddy 03-08-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bored Man (Post 61253193)
Man, you're going to be disappointed with what he actually gets traded for.

Im a habs fan so I could care less what the oilers and Ducks do. I was just pointing out how silly the OP was

zeus3007* 03-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly7 (Post 61253317)
At this point I believe the relationship between Anaheim and Edmonton isn't great because of what happen recently (JSchultz). Looking at the trade I can you right off the bat that both Yakupov and Hemsky are very small players which is something Anaheim is trying to get away from. I don't doubt their talent but again I would prefer what Perry brings to our lineup than Yakupov and Hemsky. Looking further into the trade Anaheim doesn't need a goal tender since we have two prospects that can come up and perform for us.

Just my two cents on the trade.

The proposal itself is pretty ridiculous, I wasn't arguing that. I think you're overestimating the Justin Schultz signing effects on team relations though. Its not like the Oilers were tampering or anything. Is Anaheim holding it against every team who sent Schultz an offer? Or just the one who Schultz decided to sign with? Because they will never make a trade again if they don't trade with every team that wanted Schultz.

zeus3007* 03-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 61253363)
Edmonton need D. Not more Forwards.

Also. Why would Perry sign for Edmonton after signing a new deal with the ducks?

Wrong. Edmonton need a top pair d-man, but they also need hard working, tough forwards who play dirty and get to the corners. Perry would be a perfect fit. Salary aside of course.

Minnesota 03-08-2013 02:15 PM

Terrible for the Ducks. Also, why would Edmonton want a resigned Corey Perry?

Resigned:
Quote:

verb
1 [ intrans. ] voluntarily leave a job or other position : he resigned from the government in protest at the policy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.