HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Heatley to New Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1371003)

caley 03-08-2013 04:02 PM

Heatley to New Jersey

Even though it's almost certain the rumor was completely bogus, some people seemed to find some merit in the discussion. So, have at it.

Devils Trap 03-08-2013 04:04 PM

I wouldnt mind it. We need an upgrade in the Top 6, someone who is a scoring forward. Heatley is that player.

Him and Kovy together would be fun to watch

Devilsfan92 03-08-2013 04:06 PM

If the rumor price is right, I'd do it.

Tallinder, Urbom & pick(s).

SpeakingOfTheDevils 03-08-2013 04:51 PM

I'd do it. I'm not too sold on Heatley, but he'd undoubtedly help with our scoring issues.

If Tallinder is going the other way, it'd be a "bad contract for bad contract" type of deal that has mutual benefits.

KohoDonuts88 03-08-2013 04:51 PM

Not for that price. Read correctly, that rumour is Tallinder, Urbom, picks PLUS cap space for Heatley. That financial relief for the Wild has value to them. Tallinder and maybe a pick.

Kris Chreider 03-08-2013 05:05 PM

Tallinder + some minor pieces seems like pretty fair value for Heatley. 24 goal scorers shouldn't be making 7.5M.

Devils Trap 03-08-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 61261215)
Tallinder + some minor pieces seems like pretty fair value for Heatley. 24 goal scorers shouldn't be making 7.5M.

I saw on twitter, and this is a complete BS rumor

THe Deal was

Healtey +5th
for
Tallinder+Urbom+2nd+4th (2nd only included if Minny eat some cap from Healtey)

This was pure BS from twitter. But I would do that deal

Zippy316 03-08-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 61258145)
Even though it's almost certain the rumor was completely bogus, some people seemed to find some merit in the discussion. So, have at it.

The only problem I have with it is the cap hit.

It's a little high for my liking. If Tallinder is going the other way, then technically we are only adding 4 million.

But it's only for one more year after this. If Minnesota can absorb a little cap, I'd be fine with it.

MJMazzarone 03-08-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 61261739)

THe Deal was

Healtey +5th
for

Even if the rumor was BS it's still a nice value. One bad contract in Tallinder and small pieces going the other way. I'd suck to get rid of Urbom but we have Merrill, Burlon, Gelinas...NJ can afford to get rid of ONE of them. The picks would be the only thing of concerned value.

I guarantee you Tallinder + Urbom/Burlon and a 4th would get that done. You don't need the 2nd. Looking at the responses it seems like something around that would get everything done.

NHL Fanatik* 03-08-2013 06:37 PM

I feel that these rumors are false, in the sense that they are credible. I think this could happen, especially with my suspicions of Tallinder "injury" and how Heatley did well with Kovalchuk on their respective wings back in Atlanta. I also feel the change would do wonders for Heatley, and bring him back to his old ways (hockey ways, I mean)

AfroThunder396 03-08-2013 06:59 PM

Urbom and Tallinder simply have no place on our defense.

Heatley would be a decent reclamation project, and New Jersey isn't spending to the cap any time soon. I feel like he would produce with Elias.

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Heatley-Elias-Clarkson
Bernier-Loktionov-Ponikarovsky
Carter-Gionta-Kostopolous/Barch

MJMazzarone 03-08-2013 08:22 PM

Eklund saying the Wild want Tallinder + 1st + Urbom/Teddy/Matteau for Heatley.

I doubt Lou would even dream about trading our first but a Tallinder and Teddy package has me listening

Smithson 03-08-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 61271647)

I doubt Lou would even dream about trading our first but a Tallinder and Teddy package has me listening

Dont the Devils have to forfeit there 1st this year?

MJMazzarone 03-08-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithson (Post 61272265)
Dont the Devils have to forfeit there 1st this year?

This year's or next.

Marshal Rochambeau 03-08-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 61261739)

THe Deal was

Healtey +5th
for

No way Heatley gets all that. He has 13 points in 22 games playing with Koivu and Parise, basically same quality line mates as he will have in NJ (Zajac, Kovy).

Heatley for Tallinder and nothing else.

4th liner Ryan Carter is scoring at nearly the same rate as him.

Devils Trap 03-08-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Neither Matteau nor our 1st will be involved in a deal for Heatley

JerseyGuy276 03-08-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

In no world does Dany ****ing Heatley get a roster player, a first and a good prospect. He's a 20 goal scorer with an atrocious cap hit.

Bookman 03-08-2013 09:46 PM

Heater is the ultimate Eastern Conference guy - he thrives in up-tempo offensive hockey. Despite what people say about his skating(it ain't THAT bad), and his declining production(seriously, the guy could have had 2x the goals he's had with the Wild from posts, robbery, etc.), any Eastern Conference team would be rewarded by picking him up.

JerseyGuy276 03-08-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 61278277)
Heater is the ultimate Eastern Conference guy - he thrives in up-tempo offensive hockey. Despite what people say about his skating(it ain't THAT bad), and his declining production(seriously, the guy could have had 2x the goals he's had with the Wild from posts, robbery, etc.), any Eastern Conference team would be rewarded by picking him up.

He could have 2x the goals? Shoulda coulda woulda. He's a 25ish goal scorer on a terrible terrible contract. And he's not at the point of his career where hell likely regain his form either.

Bourne Endeavor 03-08-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Is Heatley back playing for Ottawa on the "Pizza line"? Because he isn't worth close to that anymore. His career has been a wreck since San Jose told him to screw off - not that it wasn't heading in that direction prior.

Rhodes 81 03-08-2013 10:53 PM

just no

Dr Jan Itor 03-08-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 61284025)
Is Heatley back playing for Ottawa on the "Pizza line"? Because he isn't worth close to that anymore. His career has been a wreck since San Jose told him to screw off - not that it wasn't heading in that direction prior.

So you mean beginning last year? He was fine last year, all things considered.

MJMazzarone 03-08-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Tallinder and Tedenby are expendable assets. If Minny would except an offer of just Tallinder and Teddy (or even Urbom) I think that would be worth doing. It's not like Heatley is locked up for a 3-4 year 7.5 million dollar deal. It's only one year so it really won't sting THAT bad. (Especially since the Devils DO have the 9th most amount of cap space in the entire league...or something like that haha)

I'm not too sure what Heaters value is anymore. Would Tallinder + Urbom or Teddy get it done? or does a pick NEED to be added? Trust me...Urbom is a good defensive prospect but will never get any playing time up on the Devils due to our depth at the position. We also have Merrill, Burlon, Gelinas as well. It's expendable parts (and one bad contract for that matter) for a scoring winger that would help us out on the top six but who also has a "bad contract".

Makes sense for both sides as well considering the Wild need D.

Do it Lou.

Jarick 03-09-2013 09:40 AM

FYI

Wild would probably want to move a contract in this deal as we're at 49 right now and will need to sign Erik Haula soon.

Heatley started out the year in fantastic shape with lots of speed and within about two weeks looked like he's playing on one leg. I don't think he's got much left in the tank. He's got his shot and that's about it.

Synthetek 03-09-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

His career went to **** when he decided he didn't want to play in Ottawa anymore, doesn't have Spezza feeding him.