HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Fake Mohawk move with Puck? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1371325)

BmxHockey 03-08-2013 11:45 PM

Fake Mohawk move with Puck?

I see guys doing this move from time to time but never heard what it's called. It's when the puck carrier is along the boards and pretends to pivot backwards with one skate (basically Mohawks the skate heel moving forward) and immediately brings this skate forward again as to fake the pressure out.

Does this make sense?

PlayBall 03-09-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmxHockey (Post 61288125)
I see guys doing this move from time to time but never heard what it's called. It's when the puck carrier is along the boards and pretends to pivot backwards with one skate (basically Mohawks the skate heel moving forward) and immediately brings this skate forward again as to fake the pressure out.

Does this make sense?

Yeah I'll try and phrase it again and you can tell me if I'm right?

A lefty goes down the left wing, crosses into the oppositions end over the blue line, and just when their space along the boards is being closed off by a defenseman they pretend they're going to turn back up to the blue line, and use that headfake time to take the puck along the boards and squeeze past the defense so they can continue behind the net

I don't know what it's called, I just have always called it "Selling the inside", because it's just another move to me that's an attempt to trick the dman you're moving the puck/play back to the middle of the ice. The reason they work, obviously, is because a defenseman doesn't want to give up the middle of the ice, so if you suddenly scare them that the play will go there; they'll react suddenly and with less poise.

BmxHockey 03-09-2013 02:15 AM

Something like that. Some dude pulled it on me the other day as he was pretending to stop with the puck and go the other way. I was reading the body and assumed he was going to stop and reverse back, but he just did this Mohawk move where he rotated his body but kept moving forward. He took his left foot and brought it heel to heel for a split second lifted his right foot but put his right foot back down and then brought left foot back parallel to right and kept going. Totally juked me.

I see Crosby and Neal do it.

Danglous 03-09-2013 11:17 AM

Sorta like this?

BmxHockey 03-09-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danglous (Post 61300729)
Sorta like this?

Video unavailable?

maroon 6 03-09-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danglous (Post 61300729)
Sorta like this?

fixed

BmxHockey 03-10-2013 04:13 AM

Yeah, that's the move. Quick Mohawk. They call it the "Inside Mohawk."

Pez68 03-10-2013 04:37 AM

Why the hell is that called the "Mohawk"?

kr580 03-10-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez68 (Post 61358725)
Why the hell is that called the "Mohawk"?

The Mohawk people have been known to walk heel to heel frequently.

Fanned On It 03-11-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kr580 (Post 61365471)
The Mohawk people have been known to walk heel to heel frequently.

lol This is a joke, right?