HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Can we send RNH, Hall and Eberle to OKC? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1371457)

Oilfan2 03-09-2013 07:53 AM

Can we send RNH, Hall and Eberle to OKC?

As per the title. Where are they with games played, etc? Can we send them down for awhile? Maybe it takes some pressure off, maybe their confidence returns, etc. We can't sit them to watch for awhile as we don't have the players to replace them with. We'd need to have them off the roster and bring in a couple of more players from OKC for a few games..see how things work.

I wouldn't mind giving J Schultz a break as well..

Can't hurt much at this point..Keep them away from the losing for a bit..

I am the Liquor 03-09-2013 08:04 AM

http://radiantshadows.ca/wp-content/...1/confused.gif

Comrade Blunderbore 03-09-2013 08:07 AM

i wouldn't be against it.

Meanashell11 03-09-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 61297297)

IATL strikes early!

So what happens and we send them down and they light it up. What does that say, you are a pretty fine player but not good enough for the NHL?? Nah, keep them here. Hall is hurt, I would maybe sit him a bit. Otherwise, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Starbuds 03-09-2013 08:35 AM

So they can further develop the tendencies that aren't working the NHL? Meh, it wouldn't matter either way.

Baronsfan 03-09-2013 10:30 AM

A lot think that the short stint in OKC and the AHL is the reason for the slow start, and them struggling this season so you're answer from the vast majority, and even myself, would be a resounding no.

The only thing it would do is send a message and give them a pay cut. With the short season, every AHL team is decimated by their parent clubs at the moment. Every team is icing a lot of guys from the ECHL. In short - The AHL had a lot more talent pre lockout, it's nowhere near that level anymore, it wouldn't be beneficial.

I'd say just hold them more accountable. Maybe sit one in the press box after a questionable effort?

toewsintangibles 03-09-2013 10:38 AM

Time to call up Rajala

ponokanocker 03-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baronsfan (Post 61301175)
A lot think that the short stint in OKC and the AHL is the reason for the slow start, and them struggling this season so you're answer from the vast majority, and even myself, would be a resounding no.

The only thing it would do is send a message and give them a pay cut. With the short season, every AHL team is decimated by their parent clubs at the moment. Every team is icing a lot of guys from the ECHL. In short - The AHL had a lot more talent pre lockout, it's nowhere near that level anymore, it wouldn't be beneficial.

I'd say just hold them more accountable. Maybe sit one in the press box after a questionable effort?

This is my feeling as well. Part of their problem is that things were too easy in the AHL and they didn't have to work as hard to get them.

I agree that some press box time is now warranted. Eberle and RNH can take their turn against Chicago. Its obvious we are bottom 5 in the league with the way they are playing, so its not like having them in the lineup is changing anything. All the cute little plays need to end now. These 2 were supposed to be our leaders and have completely fallen on their face. After they return, no more top line minutes. I don't care if that means that Jones is on the top line as we are getting spanked anyway.

smokersarejokers 03-09-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 61297297)

hahahaha. well done, sir.

worraps 03-09-2013 10:57 AM

Sending them to OKC is not an option. They are still the three best players on the team.

They're just going to have to work through this themselves.

OilDrop37 03-09-2013 11:01 AM

You can't be serious.....:shakehead

Tad Mikowsky 03-09-2013 12:01 PM

I thought trading for more draft picks would be the dumbest move.

Nope. this one tops that by a landslide.

speeds 03-09-2013 02:09 PM

Eberle would have to clear waivers, so I wouldn't count on EDM sending him down.

nitz 03-09-2013 02:24 PM

No. They're supposed to be the go-to guys on this team. Without them, we'll be lucky to win 3 games for the rest of the season.

belair 03-09-2013 02:25 PM

Even if we could, Steve Tambellini would be vilified by the entire league if it were to occur. That would be like posting "WE ARE TANKING" on the front page of the Edmonton Journal.

Not that we're not already doing that...:laugh:

AlowlyOilersfan 03-09-2013 02:35 PM

I think it would be a step backwards, without the two steps forward you are looking for.

CorpseFX 03-09-2013 02:41 PM

and replace your three best long term players with who?

sign JFJ, Stortini and Cross for an end of the year laugh-roast for us fans?

ps - at this point i hope they do tank and get Seth Jones.

Brewster 03-09-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toewsintangibles (Post 61301449)
Time to call up Rajala

Nothing to lose, may as well. Honestly I would like them to shut down Hopkins for the year if he is hurt, or sit hom for at least three games if he isn't to send a message.

Nacho 03-10-2013 07:27 AM

Its nice that you guys agree on, that AHL is not the way to go to become a NHL player...

Baronsfan 03-10-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho (Post 61360353)
Its nice that you guys agree on, that AHL is not the way to go to become a NHL player...

For prospects it is, but not for established NHLers like these 3. It's a lot more superior in chances to get to the big club, then lets say the Swiss league.

nexttothemoon 03-10-2013 11:29 AM

RNH back to Red Deer... Yak to join Omark in yodel land... Hall to a better NHL team (he did grow up in Calgary and Iginla is getting long in the tooth... so).

Oilers never score again all season and set a new record for longest scoring drought at 1600+ minutes.

Everyone's a winner.

zeus3007* 03-10-2013 11:52 AM

Playing in OKC didn't benefit Hall, RNH or Eberle. They seem to have developed some piss poor habits. They got used to dangling around non-NHL defenders and can't do it up here. No to sending them down.

Baronsfan 03-10-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 61366581)
Playing in OKC didn't benefit Hall, RNH or Eberle. They seem to have developed some piss poor habits. They got used to dangling around non-NHL defenders and can't do it up here. No to sending them down.

Hall & Eberle maybe, but not RNH. I'd say the WJC did more as far as bad habits than OKC for RNH. He struggled the most out of all 3. Hall and Eberle made it look easy, RNH was far from it.

He dominated every game in Russia, in OKC there were many games he was pretty invisible, unless he was getting outmuscled.

You know it's getting bad in Oil country when they're blaming a 25-30 game stint in the AHL. These guys have played enough NHL games in their careers that they should know what stuff they can't get away with at the next level.

nabob 03-10-2013 12:29 PM

Can we send some of our fans to Toronto's board?

Jimmi Jenkins 03-10-2013 12:32 PM

If we're considering this, probably best to just trade them, get what you can to help not and new year, and then scratch and claw for 8th and then hope to get lucky