HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Penguins - In the Room: Thoughts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1371851)

JQR 03-09-2013 07:02 PM

Penguins - In the Room: Thoughts

Just got finished catching up on a few episodes of In the Room. At one point, Malkin was reading off the starting line before the game, it went something like,

"Really bad soccer player, number 5. Really tall defenseman, number 41. I won't say how I feel about 17, then me and Nealer!"

Now if it was a regular roster player, I could just let it pass as ball-busting, but given who it was it seemed pretty damn harsh. I won't say that Boychuk should have stayed, but it has to suck when your linemates (who you barely know) are so vocal about how they hate playing with you.

I also had no idea Neal was so vocal about stuff on the ice. It was a little odd to see him calling out Geno on a few occasions.

Darth Vitale 03-09-2013 07:06 PM

I don't get this ... do people go looking for drama now where it doesn't exist? Is anyone NOT aware of what a clown Geno is and that he ribs everyone? Is this what we get from 15 years of reality TV crap... everyone looking for signs of drama? Boychuk is a great big grown man chuck and can handle any locker room jabs just fine. There was no malicious intent there.

Common man, lighten up. ;)

As for Geno and Neal calling each other out, part of the game. I'm sure if stuff got out of line, whoever was doing it wouldn't last long around here.

JQR 03-09-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 61326193)
I don't get this ... do people go looking for drama now where it doesn't exist? Is anyone NOT aware of what a clown Geno is and that he ribs everyone? Is this what we get from 15 years of reality TV crap... everyone looking for signs of drama?

Common man, lighten up. ;)

As for Geno and Neal calling each other out, part of the game. I'm sure if stuff got out of line, whoever was doing it wouldn't last long around here.

Haha, lighten up? I'm just commenting on a show, it doesn't affect me at all. :laugh:

DoktorZaius 03-09-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 61325941)
I also had no idea Neal was so vocal about stuff on the ice. It was a little odd to see him calling out Geno on a few occasions.

In that one clip, I think Geno was actually pissed at Neal for not returning the pass. As he put it, "I was open." Neal then goes "Well what if I'd scored [on my shot]?" And Geno was just like "So what?"

Fordy 03-09-2013 08:51 PM

It's jokes man.

#66 03-09-2013 08:58 PM

I think thats just the nature of good players. Look at a rookie Sid telling Ziggy, Rex and Jonny Drama how to score goals. Anyone remember Recchi, Cullen and Stevens?

Doesn't Vitale sound like Badger from Breaking Bad to kick off the first scene of the first show?

Darth Vitale 03-09-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 61326529)
Haha, lighten up? I'm just commenting on a show, it doesn't affect me at all. :laugh:

It affected you enough to be "concerned" such that you posted about it and inquired if others felt the same. That's too much concern. ;)

JQR 03-09-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 61337189)
It affected you enough to be "concerned" such that you posted about it and inquired if others felt the same. That's too much concern. ;)

I don't recall inquiring anything. Just figured I'd start a thread about the show since I didn't see one already.

Darth Vitale 03-09-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 61347547)
I don't recall inquiring anything. Just figured I'd start a thread about the show since I didn't see one already.

Inquire, ask about, talk about... you get the idea.

Quote:

Now if it was a regular roster player, I could just let it pass as ball-busting, but given who it was it seemed pretty damn harsh. I won't say that Boychuk should have stayed, but it has to suck when your linemates (who you barely know) are so vocal about how they hate playing with you.
This ^ sounds like a person concerned about the goings on in the room, but that's just me. Anyway, carry on and keep it clean, hosers.

lokomotiv15 03-10-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #66 (Post 61337097)
I think thats just the nature of good players. Look at a rookie Sid telling Ziggy, Rex and Jonny Drama how to score goals. Anyone remember Recchi, Cullen and Stevens?

Doesn't Vitale sound like Badger from Breaking Bad to kick off the first scene of the first show?

It's just the nature of most players. You get into it with line mates sometimes in games because you'll have thought the play should have developed differently, that he should have shot/passed and vice versa. My roommate/teammate now I've played with since junior and we'll get into disagreements at least once or twice a game about a look off or a botched 2-on-1 or 3-on-2.

It's good to have guys hungry for the puck.

BrookswasHere44 03-10-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 61325941)
Just got finished catching up on a few episodes of In the Room. At one point, Malkin was reading off the starting line before the game, it went something like,

"Really bad soccer player, number 5. Really tall defenseman, number 41. I won't say how I feel about 17, then me and Nealer!"

If I remember correctly that's not even what he said about Boychuck...he said something along the lines of "what do I say about 17?" As in...he doesn't know him well enough

Fordy 03-10-2013 01:51 PM

He actually says "you know how I feel about 17".

Frederick Stanley 03-10-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoktorZaius (Post 61326549)
In that one clip, I think Geno was actually pissed at Neal for not returning the pass. As he put it, "I was open." Neal then goes "Well what if I'd scored [on my shot]?" And Geno was just like "So what?"

Just watched that scene "So...?" :laugh:

AltDess 03-10-2013 07:06 PM

Malkin has a very sarcastic sense of humor, a dry cut you to the bone type of joking, if you are sensitive or not used to it can come off as an insult.

Skk82 03-11-2013 03:32 PM

Yeah, it's just Malkin's sense of humor.

I mean, this is the guy who said the following about Max Talbot when asked how Talbot helps Malkin's game:

Quote:

"[He plays with] lots of emotion," Malkin said. "[He never stops] skating. Yeah, little bit bad hands."

Malkin began to laugh, as did his audience. But he wasn't finished.

"He has lots of scoring chances, [but doesn't] score," Malkin said. "Just [into an] empty net. It's OK. He'll learn over the summer."
And this came AFTER Talbot scored 2 goals (the last, to be fair, was into an empty net) to help the Pens win 4-2 that game in a Stanley Cup finals game.

As written, it looks pretty mean. But it's just his sense of humor. (And, pretty truthful).

DoktorZaius 03-11-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 (Post 61368397)
If I remember correctly that's not even what he said about Boychuck...he said something along the lines of "what do I say about 17?" As in...he doesn't know him well enough

That's what I thought he was getting at as well. In that, he didn't actually have a joke because he didn't really know him.

Smoke 03-11-2013 04:18 PM

In the Room is a lot better than Caps Red Line. I watched an episode last night and it seemed like it was made by a high school class.

DoktorZaius 03-11-2013 04:26 PM

Yeah it's pretty good. That being said, I'd love it if they covered more stuff and treated it like an extended documentary. But without HBO backing, I guess the potential audience is a bit limited.

DoktorZaius 03-28-2013 10:09 PM

Most recent one is fresh off the presses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo9I2Grshg

Frederick Stanley 04-02-2013 06:35 PM

Cooke talking to the ref about Chara taking a weird route to the puck and trying to hit him before he got to the puck:

"I'm just asking, I'm not yelling" :laugh:

DoktorZaius 04-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley (Post 63060145)
Cooke talking to the ref about Chara taking a weird route to the puck and trying to hit him before he got to the puck:

"I'm just asking, I'm not yelling" :laugh:

I really love hearing these guys mic'd up. They should do more of this in the regular season, and just retain creative control over it so that they can edit anything particularly problematic out.

#66 04-02-2013 07:13 PM

Air Bort was a classic. The Goal, the Shift, the game.... now we have The Dunk!!!

Also whats with Dupuis and the yoga pants???

JQR 04-02-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #66 (Post 63065023)
Air Bort was a classic. The Goal, the Shift, the game.... now we have The Dunk!!!

Also whats with Dupuis and the yoga pants???

He's special.

Zbynek 04-02-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #66 (Post 61337097)

Holy ****

OGBobbyFarnham 05-01-2013 12:00 AM

Newest episode is up for viewing on the Pens site.

Episode 4: Trade Winds
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...5&cmpid=navbar

Very good episode with all the new guys coming into the room.
Olll' Boyyy! Be tha shooter!

Also, hang in there, theres a little Morrow on the end.