HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Locker room problems (again)? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1371987)

Flyguy_1ca 03-09-2013 09:36 PM

Locker room problems (again)?

I was listening to hockey central on sportsnet and Doug MacLean said he heard 2 weeks ago that there is in fighting in the flyers dressing room again. Now, I'm not saying it's true, I'm just telling you what he said. Makes me wonder if another Carter/Richards witch hunt is in the works.

RespectTheCouts 03-09-2013 09:47 PM

They're losing and looking like crap while doing so, of course there are negative stories surrounding this team, OR maybe they're fighting over who is going to give Seth their number:sarcasm::nod:

JXC 03-09-2013 09:51 PM

It would be terrible if there was NOT trouble in the locker room given what has happened this season.

pughater 03-09-2013 09:53 PM

losing causes things to get ugly real quick.

The Couturier Effect 03-09-2013 10:50 PM

I'm pretty sure if a team I was playing for blew a 3 goal lead against a hated rival, I'd be doing some yelling too.

FreshPerspective 03-09-2013 11:15 PM

No bueno....

Quote:

“We’re three games below .500 halfway through the shortened season and if we want to make the playoffs, we’ve got to find a way to get some wins,” said Sean Couturier.

“There’s not any one to point fingers. On different nights, some guys show up and some don’t. It’s time for us to turn things around as a group and try to do the right things out there.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/flye...ut-loss-bruins

sobrien 03-09-2013 11:19 PM

The "leadership group" of Timonen, Briere, Coburn, Hartnell, Giroux have probably been quite vocal, with at least 3 of those knowingly vocal with the media, whereas the rest of the locker room....the ones actually performing (Voracek, Simmonds, Schenns, Grossmann, RINALDO) are probably like...."yeah? wtf have you done for us lately?"

BernieParent 03-09-2013 11:39 PM

It's Pronger.

dbr2 03-09-2013 11:59 PM

The media acts like sports teams never fight. Every team fights.

Mr Black 03-10-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 61352599)
The media acts like sports teams never fight. Every team fights.

Philly media members are pigs.

orange is better 03-10-2013 12:16 AM

I hope Pronger is able to get his health in order at some point because I believe he'd make a great coach some day.

Larry44 03-10-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 61350627)
The "leadership group" of Timonen, Briere, Coburn, Hartnell, Giroux have probably been quite vocal, with at least 3 of those knowingly vocal with the media, whereas the rest of the locker room....the ones actually performing (Voracek, Simmonds, Schenns, Grossmann, RINALDO) are probably like...."yeah? wtf have you done for us lately?"

Thank you for that. Briere and Timonen need to go - NOW. Coburn I still like, but they need to tank, trade everyone they can for more picks, sign some college UFAs, make a couple good drafts and start to build again for 2-3 years from now when today's kids are in their prime.

There was an argument for going for it a couple years ago, to take advantage of the vets: Pronger, Timonen, Briere as the core. Pronger's injury changed everything.

I hope they don't do something stupid to try to save this season. Mr. Snider got his lockout, he needs to be patient with the kids and realize his team isn't close right now.

TheDrizzle81 03-10-2013 01:36 AM

#blamerichards

SuchySays 03-10-2013 01:41 AM

sigh....

WeekendAtBernies 03-10-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 61355967)
Thank you for that. Briere and Timonen need to go - NOW. Coburn I still like, but they need to tank, trade everyone they can for more picks, sign some college UFAs, make a couple good drafts and start to build again for 2-3 years from now when today's kids are in their prime.

There was an argument for going for it a couple years ago, to take advantage of the vets: Pronger, Timonen, Briere as the core. Pronger's injury changed everything.

I hope they don't do something stupid to try to save this season. Mr. Snider got his lockout, he needs to be patient with the kids and realize his team isn't close right now.

I'm all for tanking this year, we have absolutely no chance at the playoffs and I'd pray that Snider and Homer can see that for themselves, or have someone on their payroll who can help them to see it. I'd liken this year to 2006-2007, but I hope we don't end up the effing brides-maid at the draft again this year :rant:.

That being said, I think we could be contending again as early as next year. The team is young, we're having some growing pains, some injury issues, some inconsistency; it's basically what 90% of fans expected last year, just happening one year later. But some of our young players (Voracek, Simmonds, B. Schenn, L. Schenn) have taken gigantic steps forward and that bodes very well for our future. If we buyout/get rid of Briere & Bryz, acquire a few more defensively responsible forwards for the 3rd/4th lines, maybe acquire a big free agent winger (Perry? Semin?),draft a great player w/ our 1st round pick (Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, etc.), and get a new coach with a new scheme, we could easily be right in the thick of things next year.

We're playing VERY far beneath ourselves this year, just like the 06-07 team underperformed expectations.

dookie88 03-10-2013 03:25 AM

There have been quite a few with Lavy around...

Although teams fight every season. This should not be a reason for the performance we are seeing right now.

Beef Invictus 03-10-2013 03:46 AM

Holy ****, this again?

Who will the media label as the sacrificial goat this time? The Schenns? Giroux? Bryzgalov?

BillDineen 03-10-2013 04:26 AM

Dry Island Part II?

FlyersFan61290 03-10-2013 07:26 AM

This really pisses me off. I wonder who they're gonna blame this time.

Clown Baby 03-10-2013 09:41 AM

I can't remember not having lockerroom problems with Panaccio, Gormley, and SanFilippo covering the team. Maybe they need to be sent packing as well. (It's not like they aren't totally expendable.)

#tradepassesforpucks

Mosetter27 03-10-2013 09:48 AM

It was boosh and leighton arguing... theres been tons of tension since the 2010 cup run between them...

ORYX 03-10-2013 10:14 AM

I wish I had the quotes from Bryz, but in a couple post game interviews he had this season, when being asked what the problem is etc, he always says the media should go ask the right person, etc etc.

It sounds to me, and I like to think I am pretty good at reading things correctly, that he is throwing a barb at Lavy.

Its the players that perform on the ice, but its a coaches job to direct. When your team gets scored on, down 1-0 and all their heads sink, its the coaches job to get them to believe in themselves etc. The only team they can come back from a 1-0 deficit against is the Pens.

Mr Black 03-10-2013 10:38 AM

It's Giroux's fault. He did too much partying this summer:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...340&h=234&q=75

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j3II94YQJZ...%2Bchecked.jpg

http://3432-philly.voxcdn.com/files/...ers-cheers.jpg

MsWoof 03-10-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORYX (Post 61361531)
I wish I had the quotes from Bryz, but in a couple post game interviews he had this season, when being asked what the problem is etc, he always says the media should go ask the right person, etc etc.

It sounds to me, and I like to think I am pretty good at reading things correctly, that he is throwing a barb at Lavy.

Its the players that perform on the ice, but its a coaches job to direct. When your team gets scored on, down 1-0 and all their heads sink, its the coaches job to get them to believe in themselves etc. The only team they can come back from a 1-0 deficit against is the Pens.

He's made the comment "ask the coach" before. He's said way too much to the media at times this year.

CootaRoo 03-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies (Post 61356711)
That being said, I think we could be contending again as early as next year.

We're playing VERY far beneath ourselves this year, just like the 06-07 team underperformed expectations.

The two seasons are remarkably similiar, aren't they? If Giroux developed a bum foot like Foppa they'd damn near be clones (heck, even Gagne and Knuble are back!). In essence, the downfall of both seasons was that management placed a TON of responsibility in the laps of top prospects in sophmore seasons (Richards, Carter, Umberger v. Cooter, Schenn, Read). You HAVE to account for potential growing pains from guys like that.