HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Brisebois bulked up during off-season! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13724)

Brisebois 09-23-2003 02:20 PM

Brisebois bulked up during off-season!
 
click here for the full story

montreal 09-23-2003 02:30 PM

Good for him, but what about those crappy passes to the other team he makes at least once a game? He's lazy at times. Lots of skill, but some times I wonder where his head is during the games. Playing less ice time would be good for him as well.

Brisebois 09-23-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Good for him, but what about those crappy passes to the other team he makes at least once a game? He's lazy at times. Lots of skill, but some times I wonder where his head is during the games. Playing less ice time would be good for him as well.

I agree that Brisebois should be playing less. With the emergence of Andrei Markov, he can probably be used as a #3 defenseman now, and he should fit in nicely.

With less ice time, hopefully it will also get the fans off his toes. I think the opening night lines should be like this.

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Brisebois


I just wonder if Rivet can handle 30 minutes a game, but regardless... Brisebois would be waayyy more effective on the second line.

KOMO_ROCKS 09-23-2003 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Good for him, but what about those crappy passes to the other team he makes at least once a game? He's lazy at times. Lots of skill, but some times I wonder where his head is during the games. Playing less ice time would be good for him as well.

I guess that means, someone like Hainsey or Beauchmen will play some more games this season as a #6/7 d-man

Physical HABuse 09-23-2003 07:20 PM

Maybe he'd be an OK #3 defenseman.....but he gets paid #1 defenseman money. I also don't think he'll do much even if he is bulked up more.....cuz the guy just isn't physical and it's as montreal says.....he doesn't hav his head in the game sometimes....and all too often.

Physical HABuse 09-23-2003 07:37 PM

Pardon me....aren't we the stickler tonight. Excuse me for over-exaggerating on the precious Brisebois....the spineless backbone of our team......who is no where near as physical as he should be for a defenseman. Perrault may get away with it at times (although most of us know better).....but Brisebois can't.....and Brisebois also wasn't doing much to save Theodore from taking runs from other players last year. He can't clear the crease.

tinyzombies 09-23-2003 11:11 PM

I think we should give him another chance. But if we give him another chance, we should consider reuniting him with Dykhuis. They were very solid two years ago (except near the end against Carolina in the playoffs, where they pretty much lost us the series).

Markov-Rivet (Rivet needs Markov now)
Souray-Komisarek (maybe not agile enough to be a pair? why not?)
Dykhuis-Brisebois
Quintal

Whaddya think?

Medicine Twin 09-24-2003 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I think we should give him another chance. But if we give him another chance, we should consider reuniting him with Dykhuis. They were very solid two years ago (except near the end against Carolina in the playoffs, where they pretty much lost us the series).

Markov-Rivet (Rivet needs Markov now)
Souray-Komisarek (maybe not agile enough to be a pair? why not?)
Dykhuis-Brisebois
Quintal

Whaddya think?

Sounds good but I wouldn't just give the spot to Dykhuis. He'd have to beat Quintal for it.

skidboot 09-24-2003 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I think we should give him another chance. But if we give him another chance, we should consider reuniting him with Dykhuis. They were very solid two years ago (except near the end against Carolina in the playoffs, where they pretty much lost us the series).

Markov-Rivet (Rivet needs Markov now)
Souray-Komisarek (maybe not agile enough to be a pair? why not?)
Dykhuis-Brisebois
Quintal

Whaddya think?



What has he done to warrant another chance? How many more years of his crap do we have to put up with?

Since he has bulked up I'm sure he'll be the biggest player in some womens league. Not the toughest guaranteed but the biggest.

(I apologize to women if I sound sexist, but Brisebois forces me into it)




Oh yeah....get rid of Travesty also.



No more excuses for those two. Just get rid of them.

GilleZ 09-24-2003 06:40 AM

Every thing can change this year for the team. Last year we put every thing on the sholder of Brisebois. He has no hart, not physical, dont defand his teamates, play bad defansively... But its was all the team that was like that. more that 75% of the players has no hart at all. We were small every where. Brisebois is not a physical player, so if you what him to push guys, you got to have some one who can take his back. This year with Souray and Komisarek, we may see an other brisebois. If he plays with Souray, its not with Dykuis or with Traverse.

I think that makes some sens!! hehe

Go Habs Go !!!!

tinyzombies 09-24-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidboot
What has he done to warrant another chance? How many more years of his crap do we have to put up with?

Since he has bulked up I'm sure he'll be the biggest player in some womens league. Not the toughest guaranteed but the biggest.

(I apologize to women if I sound sexist, but Brisebois forces me into it)




Oh yeah....get rid of Travesty also.



No more excuses for those two. Just get rid of them.

Well, I guess I worded that wrong. The word chance should be replaced with salvage. We need to turn him into something, because nobody else wants him. Same with Dykhuis.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.