HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Corey perry to the habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1372495)

Habsfannick 03-10-2013 04:10 PM

Corey perry to the habs

Just to start a discussion on what could be a good trade for both teams, not asking for other teams opinions (cough cough leafs) just a discussion between the habs and ducks

I heard the ducks wanted 2 prospects, 1st and a roster player

I'm thinking beaulieu is first on your list for prospects maybe a guy like kristo along with him

Greenstickytoes* 03-10-2013 04:30 PM

i would only give 2 prospects and a 1st rounder on a condition trade.
Kristo and a 2nd rounder for Perry. and if Perry signs with us at
the end of the year then i add Beaulieu and a 1st. If not Just Kristo and 2nd round.
for Half a season i wouldnt give more than that

Habsawce 03-10-2013 04:31 PM

If he's a rental they're not getting that much, at least I would hope not.

Phion Keneuf 03-10-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstickytoes (Post 61381897)
the end of the year then i add Beaulieu and a 1st. If not Just Kristo and 2nd round.

When have players ever been added on condition?

Treb 03-10-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstickytoes (Post 61381897)

You can't add conditional players, only picks

crowi 03-10-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 61381905)
If he's a rental they're not getting that much, at least I would hope not.

If Ducks trade Perry away right now, when they've a solid chance for playoff success, he will cost an arm and a leg to every single team interested.

Ducks would lose a key part of their offense on a playoff run, if he was traded, even if as UFA, they'd get a king's ransom.

Ducks probably won't trade him unless the offer is ridicilously crazy.

Greenstickytoes* 03-10-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 61382111)
When have players ever been added on condition?

between GM's.. not on the official trade rules.

BigDaddyLurch 03-10-2013 04:50 PM

Unless Anaheim does a swan dive in the standings over the next month, this and every other "Corey Perry for..." thread is moot...that said, it bankrupts the Habs future to give Ana what they'd want for Perry, so the answer is still probably no...more's the pity! :cry:

Gene Parmesan 03-10-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowi (Post 61382301)
If Ducks trade Perry away right now, when they've a solid chance for playoff success, he will cost an arm and a leg to every single team interested.

Ducks would lose a key part of their offense on a playoff run, if he was traded, even if as UFA, they'd get a king's ransom.

Ducks probably won't trade him unless the offer is ridicilously crazy.

Exactly, they don't have to trade him. I see this as a Parise like situation..make a run with him and see what happens. The Ducks are the 2nd best team in the west..so unless a team offers the farm for him..don't move him.

LyricalLyricist 03-10-2013 04:57 PM

Honestly, as a habs fan I'd love Perry on our team but at same time I don't want to know what it will cost. He's a great player and will surely command a montreal piece that would be tough to give up for a potential rental.

KEEROLE Vatanen 03-10-2013 05:04 PM

I'd rather build a deal around Eller or Plek to be honest

Vipers31 03-10-2013 05:08 PM

Historical evidence is pretty clear. Young roster player, 1st round pick, good (not outstanding) prospect. That's the historical return in terms of value. That said, the Ducks are in a pretty different situation than the teams that usually traded their UFAs in the sense that they want to be competetive in the immediate future as well, so we might see them looking for a bit of a different design for a return, without a pick/prospect and a better player in return, or fewer pieces involved, or whatever. Then again, they could also take a more traditional "type" of return (focused more on futures) in case they really like the pieces involved, and address their current needs in a seperate deal - if that other deal was available (big if). If it isn't, it will be a question of how highly the Ducks value Perry's potential contributions to a playoff-run. It's all very tough to project at this point.

What I think is safer to say is the Ducks would have more interest in a forward- than in a puckmoving d-man prospect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstickytoes (Post 61382605)
between GM's.. not on the official trade rules.

How's that supposed to work? You don't know whether he signs beforehand. You can't just introduce the condition "between GMs" by trading the player back for future considerations if the condition isn't met...

Pi 03-10-2013 05:10 PM

Nobody is going to get Perry if Anaheim is top 5 in the league IMO...unless they overpay.

Either he signs with Anaheim before the deadline or everyone gets a chance to get him at UFA.

Sean Garrity 03-10-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 61383581)

I came here to post this. I'd prefer a center back in any deal.

Crazy8oooo 03-10-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stassino (Post 61383397)
Ottawa offers:

1st Rnd Pick This years draft +

Mika Zibanejad +

1 of Noeson, Puemple or Stone

+ Colin Greening

For C. Perry

I'm one of the Duck fans who believes Perry doesn't want to re-sign. (Hoping I'm wrong) This is a deal I'd love to see them make, but I don't think it's realistic from Ottawa's perspective.

LyricalLyricist 03-10-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

At this point, it's rather unlikely either is moved for Perry if pretty doesn't sign an extension.

It's not to say Perry isn't worth Eller but when it becomes Eller++ its obviously worrisome. Eller+ for 20 games of Perry doesn't make me feel much better. lol

Granted, if Perry had an extension in mind, surely Eller++ would be reasonable.

NFITO 03-10-2013 05:44 PM

here's a question... say the Ducks didn't have Perry, and they're sitting in the top-4 of the conference without him (they're the 2nd best team in the NHL with him!). Would the Ducks be willing to give up a package similar to what they're asking, if he was available as a rental player?

Basically how much is Perry worth to the Ducks as strictly a rental player in a season where they're looking like one of the top contenders for the Cup?

Given that, will the Ducks deal him in a season like this where he can help them win another Cup?

I know the whole HF mentality here is to get something for every asset, but it's clearly not the mentality of teams out there, as we seen proven time and again with both contenders NEVER dealing key rentals, and contenders often giving up packages just to land a rental who gives them no guarantees to extend.

AEKaki 03-10-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Lol
Then start looking elsewhere!!
When you "build" an offer, its around something that the other team will be interested in. Why would Anaheim be interested in Plek or Eller?

crowi 03-10-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFITO (Post 61386229)
here's a question... say the Ducks didn't have Perry, and they're sitting in the top-4 of the conference without him (they're the 2nd best team in the NHL with him!). Would the Ducks be willing to give up a package similar to what they're asking, if he was available as a rental player?

Basically how much is Perry worth to the Ducks as strictly a rental player in a season where they're looking like one of the top contenders for the Cup?

Given that, will the Ducks deal him in a season like this where he can help them win another Cup?

I know the whole HF mentality here is to get something for every asset, but it's clearly not the mentality of teams out there, as we seen proven time and again with both contenders NEVER dealing key rentals, and contenders often giving up packages just to land a rental who gives them no guarantees to extend.

Pretty weird question to ask, but any contending team (including the Ducks), would pay a hefty sum for Hart trophy/50-goal scorer, even as rental.

Perry is one of their top offensive players, he is not replaced by some random roster guy+prospects+picks offer right now. He is worth even more to Ducks now, than before. If they make the playoffs with him and get sweeped, then **** happens, but they wouldn't trade him right now for spare parts.

CanuckBeSerious 03-10-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEKaki (Post 61386455)
Lol
When you "build" an offer, its around something that the other team will be interested in. Why would Anaheim be interested in Plek or Eller?

Because both of them are better options than Koivu for the next few seasons.

Vipers31 03-10-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowi (Post 61386635)
Pretty weird question to ask, but any contending team (including the Ducks), would pay a hefty sum for Hart trophy/50-goal scorer, even as rental. Is that what you're asking? Perhaps my language barrier is kicking me in the nuts here...

No, I think he only wanted to express that keeping Perry around for a playoff-run would be seen as quite valuable by the organisation, and that he would consider the odds of the Ducks moving him very small for that reason, if I understood correctly.

Habsrback 03-10-2013 06:16 PM

IF the Ducks would trade Perry, it would strictly be for financial reasons. This automatically takes Plek out as he is making $5M and the Ducks, I am sure, would rather pay Perry $7-8M than to trade him and still pay big bucks for a downgrade (even if I like Plek).

It would possibly take one of our prime rookies such as Gallagher, plus Eller, plus a 2013 1st, or a 2014 1st combined with a 2013 2nd.

The good news is that I think that we do have the pieces that might suit the Ducks' needs. The bad news is that I absolutely think that they will find a way keep him for a very long time. I would see more Bobby Ryan traded, with no interest from the Habs.

KEEROLE Vatanen 03-10-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEKaki (Post 61386455)
Lol

We could use a 2nd line center

I don't see Anaheim moving Perry for just prospects

Vipers31 03-10-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsrback (Post 61388533)
IF the Ducks would trade Perry, it would strictly be for financial reasons. This automatically takes Plek out as he is making $5M and the Ducks, I am sure, would rather pay Perry $7-8M than to trade him and still pay big bucks for a downgrade (even if I like Plek).

I don't think that is accurate, at all, because your premise doesn't include the quite realistic scenario of Perry simply wanting to play elsewhere. If the Ducks trade Perry, it would be strictly due to him not resigning. There's no question that the Ducks would want to give it their best shot to replace the production they'd lose with him, even if it's a lesser player making considerable money.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 03-10-2013 06:34 PM

I think Eller + Gallagher + 2014 1st would be a fair and money conscious option for Anaheim.