HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nicklas Grossman(n) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1372767)

shipwreck 03-10-2013 09:36 PM

Nicklas Grossman(n)

If I remember right - last year's game versus the Penguins - the day before the 2012 Carnival, was Grossman(n)'s first game with the Flyers. He did decent last year, for the rest of the season... Much better than Kubina...

This season, however - Grossman is really bringing it. With every game.. Despite the crappy season, I am really liking Grossman's style of play, more and more... He's doing a bang up job...

He's really bringing it, compared to Coburn... I am very glad we acquired him last year. Not sure how much time is left on his contract, but I hope we are able to keep him for a while.

What do ya'll guys think? This season, Simmonds and Grossman are my 2 fav players - although, Voracek is really kicking butt as well...

MP92 03-10-2013 09:38 PM

He's been our best d man imo. Btw I think he signed a 4 year extension last season if Im not mistaken.

laundryman 03-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 61415987)

He's really bringing it, compared to Coburn... I am very glad we acquired him last year. Not sure how much time is left on his contract, but I hope we are able to keep him for a while.

Pretty sure we re-signed him to a 4 yeard deal this past offseason.

He's been a total rock back there. Arguably our best D-Man all year. At worst he's a guy who solidifies our bottom pairing and at his best he can eat up minutes like a top pairing guy. His offense leaves a lot to be desired, but he does his job every night. I love the guy

blinds 03-10-2013 09:41 PM

I love Grossmann, easily our best defensive defenseman now that Timonen is showing his age.

With those blocked shots maybe we should put him in net :sarcasm:.

shipwreck 03-10-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 61416453)
Pretty sure we re-signed him to a 4 yeard deal this past offseason.

He's been a total rock back there. Arguably our best D-Man all year. At worst he's a guy who solidifies our bottom pairing and at his best he can eat up minutes like a top pairing guy. His offense leaves a lot to be desired, but he does his job every night. I love the guy

Yes, he admittedly is not going to be in the list of highest scoring defense men (saw it mentioned in tonight's game that Kimmo is tied as #2 in that category). But, he really gets the job done defensively...

I enjoyed meeting him at last week's carnival. If he keeps it up, I may break down and get a Grossman(n) jersey :yo:

Mgkibbles 03-10-2013 10:01 PM

Grossman has been our best defenseman and goalie. He's like our Dan Girardi.

RJ8812 03-10-2013 10:09 PM

there's a reason why I always consider him as one of our "untouchables"

Hollywood Couturier 03-10-2013 10:15 PM

Bought a Grossmann T-Shirt tonight. He's probably in my top four favorite players on the team.

orangecrush8 03-10-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 61419349)
Bought a Grossmann T-Shirt tonight. He's probably in my top four favorite players on the team.

They make those!

Haha man I gotta get to Philly soon.

Hollywood Couturier 03-10-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangecrush8 (Post 61419403)
They make those!

Haha man I gotta get to Philly soon.

They pretty much have every player but it was the first time I ever saw one. I would say I could pick one up for you but i'm not really sure how to go about shipping to Canada (one time I bought a Couturier Drummondville jersey from Canada I was hit with a $150+ tax upon receiving it).

orangecrush8 03-10-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 61419657)
They pretty much have every player but it was the first time I ever saw one. I would say I could pick one up for you but i'm not really sure how to go about shipping to Canada (one time I bought a Couturier Drummondville jersey from Canada I was hit with a $150+ tax upon receiving it).

No worries man! With the recent increases in shipping prices, it would be pretty excessive. Thanks for the thought!

JDinkalage Morgoone 03-10-2013 10:50 PM

Solid as a rock. He's the guy I wish they had in 2010 during that run.

dingbathero 03-10-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 61419657)

It would not even be close to that to ship. I have my buddy from Wash. send me stuff all the time. 8 bucks shipping for clothing - all has to do with weight.

Hollywood Couturier 03-11-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 61423195)
It would not even be close to that to ship. I have my buddy from Wash. send me stuff all the time. 8 bucks shipping for clothing - all has to do with weight.

Oh i'm sure it normally isn't. I just had it shipped through UPS or FedEx and got slammed with a fee (which probably was my fault). I'm sure if you use USPS/Canada Post it would be rather cheap.

dats81 03-11-2013 02:03 AM

He's the man! Should be untouchable on the blueline along with L. Schenn. He anchors the pairing and not Coburn imho.

flyingsouth 03-11-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats81 (Post 61427193)
He's the man! Should be untouchable on the blueline along with L. Schenn. He anchors the pairing and not Coburn imho.

Agreed, looking ahead those two are the guys to keep out of the current lot... Which is a little scary tbh.

Curufinwe 03-11-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats81 (Post 61427193)

Coburn's regression is very troubling.

GoneFullHextall 03-11-2013 12:36 PM

Thank God we have Grossman. Hes been fantastic this season.

Norm MacDonald 03-11-2013 12:44 PM

He's good for what he is: limited stay at home D-man who stays around the crease because he's not that mobile. Great penalty killer and plays a vital role in defending even strength in-zone attacks. I cringe every time he stickhandles and turns the puck over.

BernieParent 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

Grossmannn has rapidly become the primary stay-at-home defensive defenseman on this team. I'd like to see him with Gustafsson to let the latter jump into the play with frequency.

SwedisHab 03-11-2013 01:49 PM

SWEDEN **** YEAH!!! sorry i've been americanized :(

Hollywood Couturier 03-11-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedba (Post 61445531)

'merica

Beef Invictus 03-11-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedba (Post 61445531)

You know it felt good.

Tripod 03-11-2013 01:54 PM

I think they should TRY Kimmo and Coburn together again. See if it can shake Coburn out of his funk. Then run with Mez and Grossman...one puck mover, one rock. Then let Luke get some easier assignments with Gus. Thoughts?

SwedisHab 03-11-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 61445671)
You know it felt good.

Sure did.