HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   GDT: Ducks @ Wild, 5:00pm Normal Time (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1373795)

Sirquacksalot 03-12-2013 03:20 AM

Ducks @ Wild, 5:00pm Normal Time

In Minnesota a person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.

http://blog.kangarooboo.com/wp-conte...-hat-craft.jpg

Does Minnesota hate children? I think so.
http://i.imgur.com/YUrHWut.gif

DigitalSea 03-12-2013 03:35 AM

Big game tonight. I'm hoping Fasth get's the nod tonight as he did well in his previous start against the Wild.

44 03-12-2013 07:12 AM

Ducks will win

Redstreak 03-12-2013 07:19 AM

Hope so. I'm going to be at the game tonight. First time getting to go to one, so it would rock if they keep the win streak going.

Gliff 03-12-2013 07:54 AM

Go ducks!!

Fallenity 03-12-2013 09:27 AM

Ducks should win, but the Wild are starting to put their game together. Won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Suter and Brodin will be matched with RPG all night and they're playing very well right now. Coyle - Koivu - Parise will probably avoid playing against Beauchemin / Sourey, since those two are rather good on the walls where the Wild's top line thrive. Instead I'd imagine they'll try to match their top line with Fowler's pairing.

Players everyone should watch on the Wild side:

Brodin is a 19 year old defensemen who's played almost the whole season with Suter and hasn't looked out of place at all. Not much offensive production right now, but really solid and smart on the defensive zone. OEL type player, comparable to Fowler in skating. Should be a force in the future.

Coyle: While everyone is talking about Kassian as the next big power forward, Coyle has quietly played himself onto the top line in the Wild. Not much consistency yet, but he's got the goods, just needs to put it together. Is coming off a great game, some of you have probably seen the "Shift" on Youtube. Check it out, if you haven't.

Zucker: Wild's own Etem. Gaborik type player, fast along the boards and good shot. Playing currently on their second line with Cullen and Setoguchi. I'd imagine the Wild will try to match their second line with Beauchemin / Sourey and try to use their speed to an advantage. Zucker seems somewhat inconsistent also, but I wouldn't be surprised if he scores.

For those who don't know, Granlund is scratched. There's a quiet storm brewing in the Wild regarding this, since they don't want to for some reason send him to Houston but don't want to play him either on the team.

Also, their fourth line is a bruising one and has been surprisingly good. Konopka is solid on the FO's but not much else, while Rupp has been showing surprising playmaking skills plus he's not afraid to play the body or drop the gloves. They can really pin a line onto the offensive end, but surprise surprise, are rather slow.

But yeah, that's a mini scouting report on the Wild (I follow both the Ducks and the Wild quite a lot).

JabbaJabba 03-12-2013 10:12 AM

Wow, impressing playing by Coyle indeed. Players just bounce of him. Good thing is that he's not a Shark anymore.

Minnesota is on a hot streak and they should be a tough opponent. Boudreau should consider breaking the RPG if they play Brodin-Suter pair constantly against them. Although, RPG is known to score against top lines so they should still start with it.

Wild's scoring is a bit inconsistent, they need to shut down Parise and Koivu first and hopefully rest of their lines don't find their scoring touch in this game.

Hoping for the best!

Lets Go Duuuucks!

Ducks DVM 03-12-2013 10:15 AM

I'm afraid our 2nd line is going to get abused tonight. Hopefully Teemu got some sleep.

Go Ducks!

duckaroosky 03-12-2013 10:16 AM

We need to suck up as many points as possible before that week from hell. Let's win this one ducks!

DaDucks 03-12-2013 10:53 AM

RPG all up in ya face Brodin...

Jesus Teemu 03-12-2013 11:34 AM

I guess the 2nd will be something like Etem-Holland-Selanne.

Go Ducks!

Kalvinators 03-12-2013 12:06 PM

Per Stephens,

Fasth in net.
Boner out
Maroon on 4th line

DuckJet 03-12-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu (Post 61494697)
I guess the 2nd will be something like Etem-Holland-Selanne.

Go Ducks!

That's would be interesting.

Jesus Teemu 03-12-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 61496639)
That's would be interesting.

Either that or Bels-H-S. What was it last game?

Static 03-12-2013 12:13 PM

Playing in Minnesota is always a pain.

Hockey Duckie 03-12-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 61496423)
Per Stephens,

Fasth in net.
Boner out
Maroon on 4th line

Blink, blink. That might be the first time I've seen no Boner in the lineup this season. Huh... insert all odd comments (technically, you can't insert if there's no Boner).

KEEROLE Vatanen 03-12-2013 12:24 PM

Wild are playing better, we will need the RPG to carry their play onto the road. MN always seems like a tough place for us to play

Exit Dose 03-12-2013 12:26 PM

We better keep Maroon up this time.

AngelDuck 03-12-2013 12:52 PM

Maroon is going to stay the rest of they year now...good news. We need his physical play on the 4th line

Ducks DVM 03-12-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 61498767)
Maroon is going to stay the rest of they year now...good news. We need his physical play on the 4th line

Did they announce this or just common sense because of the waiver thing? Good for him if true though.

Granlund was sent down to Houston, so he's definitely out.

KEEROLE Vatanen 03-12-2013 01:07 PM

Bruce juggled the lines again :facepalm:

MB back to the top line, Ryan/Koivu to the 2nd, McMillan centering the 3rd

Jesus Teemu 03-12-2013 01:09 PM

Yeah, I just don't get breaking up the 3rd line at all. I guess I can see why he'd break up the RPG line for the road game.

quentez 03-12-2013 01:10 PM

All in all, I hope the line juggling could be positive for the team as a whole. Sure, the 3rd line will be weaker without Koivu, but again, the 2nd line actually looks like a decent offensive threat now.

I do not however project a lot of ice time for that 4th line.

I'm looking forward to the return of Palmieri.

Getzy15 03-12-2013 01:12 PM

I think the 1st and 2nd lines look good but you lose the effectiveness of the 3rd. Koivu anchored that line.

Jesus Teemu 03-12-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quentez (Post 61499679)

I do not however project a lot of ice time for that 4th line.

Same here.