HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Funny Pronger history/retirement (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1374159)

Rizzo90 03-12-2013 03:47 PM

Funny Pronger history/retirement

funny ass read....enjoy :laugh:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/03...etirement.html

:wg:

occy30 03-12-2013 03:55 PM

quote:

March 12, 2008 - Pronger is suspended for eight games after stomping the leg of Canucks forward Ryan Kesler, resulting in an injury so severe that to this day it still causes Kesler to randomly fall down even though nobody even touched him.

That is gold!!!!:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Christmas Izzy 03-12-2013 03:59 PM

Laughed pretty hard at this. Classic.

JustOneB4IDie 03-12-2013 04:27 PM

Yep, another classic indeed from down goes brown! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

PerryTurnbullfan 03-12-2013 04:33 PM

I just want to say that I got to meet Chris Pronger, and he was one of the nicest, most down to earth pro athletes I ever met.

EastonBlues22 03-12-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan (Post 61507185)
I just want to say that I got to meet Chris Pronger, and he was one of the nicest, most down to earth pro athletes I ever met.

Same here.

The day he was traded was my worst day as a Blues fan. Worse than the MacInnis eye injury, the day we lost Stevens, the Yzerman double OT goal in game 7, losing Hull, the Gilmour fiasco, the Brind'Amour trade, the Butcher/Quinn trade, etc.

Trading a defenseman in his prime who was a lock for the HHoF for nothing...simply to move the money so the franchise could be more easily sold. That was a dark, dark day for me.

JustOneB4IDie 03-12-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 61510767)
Same here.

The day he was traded was my worst day as a Blues fan. Worse than the MacInnis eye injury, the day we lost Stevens, the Yzerman double OT goal in game 7, losing Hull, the Gilmour fiasco, the Brind'Amour trade, the Butcher/Quinn trade, etc.

Trading a defenseman in his prime who was a lock for the HHoF for nothing...simply to move the money so the franchise could be more easily sold. That was a dark, dark day for me.

Yeah, I was in shock after the Pronger deal to Edmonton. For the 1st time since I started following the Blues in the early 70's ( the 'Note had some dreadful teams in the late 70's mind you ) I was ashamed to be a Blues fan.

MattyMo35 03-12-2013 06:19 PM

That was hysterical. I miss Prongs.

STL Blues Fan 03-12-2013 06:24 PM

I miss Chris Pronger. :cry:

TheOrganist 03-12-2013 06:52 PM

I always thought the best thing to happen to Pronger was the lockout. He had some devastating injuries in the early 2000's and he got a full year and a half to rest his body. Simultaneously, and in classic Blues fashion, Pronger really matured as a person and player after he was traded. It's easy to forget that he had a horrible post-season in 2003-04 and was his typical undisciplined self in the series against San Jose. He was so easily rattled back then and not nearly as composed. Just look at his penalty minutes per game in the playoffs with the Blues and after he was dealt.

That's really the most painful thing about that trade for me. The fact that Pronger finally matured on the ice and learned how to keep his emotions in check. He learned how to get others off their game not the other way around. That was really the only factor separating him from being dominant in the playoffs.

Now who knows how this would've played out had he stayed in St. Louis because the team was going to go through some type of decline with or without Pronger.

2 Minute Minor 03-13-2013 01:14 PM

When Porter scored the final goal last night, I could swear Kelly yelled, "Pronger!" the first time.

cherrytwist 03-14-2013 02:12 PM

I must not have a sense of humor. I remember every one of those moments (besides birth) and I'm still not over his retirement. Cruel sport, this game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 61510767)
Same here.

Excellent summary of my feelings about it.

Christmas Izzy 03-14-2013 03:52 PM

MattyMo35 03-14-2013 03:57 PM

Prongs is the best!

TheOrganist 03-14-2013 04:24 PM

What's sad about Pronger's inevitable retirement is that he's the last of his kind when it comes to larger than life, 90's personalities. To make a lame analogy, it's like when Shawn Michaels retired from the WWE. They simply don't make personalities like Chris Pronger and Shawn Michaels anymore in their respective industries.

diehardbluesfan 03-14-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum (Post 61645271)

Pronger's comeback was legendary.

Christmas Izzy 03-14-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan (Post 61649669)
Pronger's comeback was legendary.

Was it ever. Favorite NHL interview to date.