HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Question for Avs Fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1375)

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-04-2003 04:23 AM

Question for Avs Fans

Who was Greg deVries paired with last season?

Also, who on the Rangers would you pair him?

Leetch
Malakhov
Poti
Kasparaitis
Purinton

Cheers.

Blackjack 01-02-2004 06:53 PM

My guess would be

Blake/Foote
Morris/DeVries
Skoula/revolving door

but he might've been paired with Skoula or Blake.

If I were Glen Sather, I'd pair DeVries with Leetch. I think he's the second best dman on The Rangers, and the only one that can really compliment Leetch's skill. If not Leetch than Poti.

Oiler94 01-02-2004 06:56 PM

I'll look into it

DarioinDenver 01-02-2004 07:49 PM

Primarily Foote.

DeVries is best suited to pair with a strong stay at home styled defenseman. NY doesn't have a whole lot of those. To take full advantage of DeVries your forwards also have to be willing to float high occasionally so DeVries can pinch and create some confusion. Klemm also enjoyed his best years as an Avalanche when he was paired with Foote. So there is one school of thought that both players left Colorado a bit overrated. DeVries is relatively solid positionally but needs help in the corners when he's one v one and he's not particularly strong with his head-man passes. Strangly enough I'd experiment him with Kasper as Kasper is aggressive from the red line down to his own zone and DeVries is aggressive from the red line into the offensive zone. In that way they may balance each other out a bit. Considering the fact both bring 'risks' to the table with their styles of play in certain zones of the ice.

devildan 01-02-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Primarily Foote.

DeVries is best suited to pair with a strong stay at home styled defenseman. NY doesn't have a whole lot of those. To take full advantage of DeVries your forwards also have to be willing to float high occasionally so DeVries can pinch and create some confusion. Klemm also enjoyed his best years as an Avalanche when he was paired with Foote. So there is one school of thought that both players left Colorado a bit overrated. DeVries is relatively solid positionally but needs help in the corners when he's one v one and he's not particularly strong with his head-man passes. Strangly enough I'd experiment him with Kasper as Kasper is aggressive from the red line down to his own zone and DeVries is aggressive from the red line into the offensive zone. In that way they may balance each other out a bit. Considering the fact both bring 'risks' to the table with their styles of play in certain zones of the ice.

Thats the current pairing and they seem to have clicked. The only problem is that the pairing of Poti-Leetch seems to be not physical/strong enough defensively. The thought amount many ranger fans is that Devries could be a steady stay at home guy for Leetch or Poti to feed off of.