HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   After Belfour... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13755)

Mephisto 09-23-2003 03:56 PM

After Belfour...

Who do you guys see in the net after him?

Does Centomo have any chance?

Vincent Vega 09-23-2003 04:48 PM

Telvqust or however its spelt and Centomo.

think-blue- 09-23-2003 04:53 PM

Tellqvist is the guy right now.

If he fails, who knows. Id assume theyd look elsewhere or go with Kidd (Please no!).

Epoch 09-23-2003 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto

I see Tellqvist....

monkey_00* 09-23-2003 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto

Nicolai Khabibulin...........or hometown boy Olaf Kolzig

Leaf Lander 09-23-2003 05:22 PM

Tellqvist is backup goalie if heperforms well while kidd is injured

LeafSadist 09-23-2003 05:34 PM

Probably Tellqvist if he pans out. If not I see one of Centomo/Hodson given a shot if they don't dip into free agency/trades.

p.l.f. 09-23-2003 05:54 PM

does it matter?
belfour likely will play every game until kidd is ready ;)

sluggo* 09-23-2003 06:19 PM

Tellqvist will be the next starter (Assuming they don't get one through FA). I've always seen Centomo projected as an NHL level backup. Though I've also seen Ford projected to be a better goalie then Tellqvist once he gets there, he might be the next "great" Leafs goalie. But goalies are the hardest ones to guess.

nordique 09-23-2003 06:55 PM

Centomo was probably a flash in the pan. He was a prospect of zero repute until he had his awesome rise through the ranks from the ECHL to the NHL in one season...and then regressed.

Here's hoping Todd Ford establishes himself this year in the W as someone who could hold the fort in 3-4 years' time.

Until then, I say give Tellqvist as much ice as he can handle.

Transplanted Caper 09-23-2003 07:10 PM

Tellqvist

Yeah I would say that the next goalie post-Belfour will be tellqvist, however with free agency you never know....hopefully the Leafs can get ahold of a good goalie prospect either through trade or in the draft soon

Rand 09-23-2003 08:05 PM

The Leafs have been grooming Tellqvist to be their future starter for years now, and I fully expect him to take over once Belfour's gone.

If the Leafs feel he isnt up to the task of being the starter on a competitive team the may choose to delve into the FA market though.
I can't see them making any deals to acquire a goalie.

dempsey_k* 09-23-2003 08:23 PM

I was in Sweden when the Leafs signed Mikael Tellqvist, and from the news report I saw on the train, they made it sound like the NHL was shining up the Vezina before the ink dried on his contract for this guy. As expected, I've had quite a bias towards him being something. He's proven to be a champion on numerous levels, all you can ever do is hope.

Todd Ford is getting some top flight goalie coaching last I heard from Grant Fuhr I think it was .. good luck to him as well.