HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: If Detroit are TDL sellers - Filppula (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1375555)

EbonyRaptor 03-14-2013 01:11 AM

If Detroit are TDL sellers - Filppula
 
If (<- big "if") Detroit continues to struggle and decides to be sellers at the TDL - what would it take from the Hawks to acquire Filppula. Keep in mind he is UFA after this season so it would be strictly a rental from the Hawks perspective. Keep the asking price reasonable - no one from active roster and none of the top three prospects (Teravainen, Danault, Clendening).

spetznaz86 03-14-2013 01:15 AM

dylan olsen to shore up the defense i guess.

deckercky 03-14-2013 01:24 AM

I imagine it'd be roughly a 1st+

Seatoo 03-14-2013 01:25 AM

What would the wings want for Abdelkader(sp?) if they were looking to be sellers?

detredWINgs 03-14-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetznaz86 (Post 61621215)
dylan olsen to shore up the defense i guess.

How is a 22 year old non-regular going to shore up the defense. Is he significantly better than his stats suggest or something? Detroit has plenty of these types as is, and has a nice stock of youth on the back-end.

In reality, I have no idea what it would take. I see Filppula more likely moved to a team interested in re-signing him and as part of a package deal. Calgary has always been interested in Flip...


Given that Chicago's pick will likely be 29th or 30th, I'd say their 1st rounder, maybe plus something minimal.

Vankiller Whale 03-14-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 61621433)
What would the wings want for Abdelkader(sp?) if they were looking to be sellers?

We don't want Abdelkader.

Filppula would make sense for us. Can play C or wing. Most I would offer for him is something like 1st + Connauton.

detredWINgs 03-14-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 61621433)
What would the wings want for Abdelkader(sp?) if they were looking to be sellers?

A fan's response: anything. (realistically, a 4th rounder).
Babcock's response: a 1st rounder, top prospect, and your best player's first born.

spetznaz86 03-14-2013 01:28 AM

i dunno first of all hawks and detroit trading is ludicrous in the first place so how can my suggestion baffle you even more. the parameters of the trade are slim as well so what do you want from me?

detredWINgs 03-14-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetznaz86 (Post 61621491)
i dunno first of all hawks and detroit trading is ludicrous in the first place so how can my suggestion baffle you even more. the parameters of the trade are slim as well so what do you want from me?

1. This is based on the potentiality of Detroit being sellers, which insinuates that they won't be making the playoffs this season or if they do, will barely make it and won't anticipate doing much damage.

2. Detroit is going to ****ing revel in the fact that they can trade with Western Conference teams - where most of their ideal trading partners are - now that they're moving to the Eastern Conference.

The Zetterberg Era 03-14-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetznaz86 (Post 61621491)
i dunno first of all hawks and detroit trading is ludicrous in the first place so how can my suggestion baffle you even more. the parameters of the trade are slim as well so what do you want from me?

Really the last time the Wings traded a roster player was Jason Williams to the Hawks.

Before that the Chelios deal.

They are also moving apart, so not a big deal.

In any event Filppula should bring back a 1st +

McCanovin 03-14-2013 01:31 AM

What are his chances of resigning?

Would look real good with RNH-Eberle.

The Zetterberg Era 03-14-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canovin (Post 61621563)
What are his chances of resigning?

Would look real good with RNH-Eberle.

All depends on term and dollar figure, you can bet if they shop him, you aren't going to like that term and dollar figure.

McCanovin 03-14-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 61621651)
All depends on term and dollar figure, you can bet if they shop him, you aren't going to like that term and dollar figure.

I was thinking the Oilers could him pick up this summer.

Seatoo 03-14-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detredWINgs (Post 61621489)
A fan's response: anything. (realistically, a 4th rounder).
Babcock's response: a 1st rounder, top prospect, and your best player's first born.

Ill give you a 4th and your pick of Sauve or Tochkin (contract space)

The Zetterberg Era 03-14-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canovin (Post 61621691)
I was thinking the Oilers could him pick up this summer.

I would think if he hits the market he is looking for a Grabo type deal. Guessing Holland would sign him for 4.5 for four or five years and I am not sure he even deserves that although he has been playing pretty banged up this year. He is also a much better winger than center in my opinion. We will see, I have no idea what to do with either Howard or Filppula but I hope Holland does, because both should be shipped before April 1st if they aren't keeping them.

caley 03-14-2013 01:47 AM

I think it was Elliotte Friedman who was talking about the possibility of Detroit moving Filppula. On one hand, he's a UFA-to-be who is likely to be asking for more than Detroit can really afford to give up. On the other, Detroit is aware that Pavel Datsyuk may choose to return to Russia and the KHL when his deal expires next summer, so they may need to keep Fippula as insurance. I'd suspect the only way Detroit is compelled to move Filppula at the deadline, is if another team is willing to pay through the nose for him.

Wingsfan2965* 03-14-2013 01:49 AM

Honestly Teravainen is the biggest thing I'd want from Chicago.

The Zetterberg Era 03-14-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 61621879)
I think it was Elliotte Friedman who was talking about the possibility of Detroit moving Filppula. On one hand, he's a UFA-to-be who is likely to be asking for more than Detroit can really afford to give up. On the other, Detroit is aware that Pavel Datsyuk may choose to return to Russia and the KHL when his deal expires next summer, so they may need to keep Fippula as insurance. I'd suspect the only way Detroit is compelled to move Filppula at the deadline, is if another team is willing to pay through the nose for him.

Detroit can afford to pay Howard and Filppula stupid deals they just won't. They could have afforded to pay Hudler his, they just didn't. They set a number and if both don't get reasonable, they are unlikely to be back. The only guy I have seen play this game with Holland and really win was Jonathan Ericsson.

The Zetterberg Era 03-14-2013 02:53 AM

Here you go on Filppula, looking bleak.

Quote:

The Red Wings are optimistic they can find common ground with Brunner, but they aren't anywhere close to signing Filppula, who is believed to seeking a contract worth more than $5 million a season.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....l#incart_river

The article is about Howard signing soon, but the predictions of asking for Grabo or Zajac money are accurate. I expect him to be available in a big way if this is true.

DKQ 03-14-2013 03:00 AM

I could see Ottawa being very interested if they maintain their playoff position, does the fact that the Wings and Sens will be in the same division mean that a deal between the two is unlikely?

Hammerheart 03-14-2013 03:15 AM

Who's Filpulla?

bullocks 03-14-2013 03:20 AM

Doubt he'll be traded. Wings will be in it til' the end.

Still a good team that outplays teams most night just prone to bone headed decisions.

Henkka 03-14-2013 03:25 AM

Filppula could be dealt in the summer, but not during the season.

I think Dan Cleary and Ian White are the trade baits in possible sell-mode.

Teddy von Josefson 03-14-2013 04:41 AM

Dont you steal Filppula!

I heard he just luuuvz the Devils!

InjuredChoker 03-14-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 61622885)
I could see Ottawa being very interested if they maintain their playoff position, does the fact that the Wings and Sens will be in the same division mean that a deal between the two is unlikely?

I think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 61623109)
Filppula could be dealt in the summer, but not during the season.

I think Dan Cleary and Ian White are the trade baits in possible sell-mode.

Trade he's UFA rights and get 4th or 5th rounder?

Trade and sign? Not really Ken Holland type of thing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.