HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Waived: Nokelainen on waivers (Cleared/Assigned to Hamilton) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1375799)

My Velouria 03-14-2013 12:10 PM

Nokelainen on waivers (Cleared/Assigned to Hamilton)

TSNRyanRishaug:
Mtl places Nokelainen on waivers. Olesz and Nick Johnson also clear waivers

https://twitter.com/tsnryanrishaug/s...32380368814081

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 61632875)
By placing him on waivers it means they want to send him down longer than 2 weeks.

disturbedraven 03-14-2013 12:11 PM

but, but, but, who will win us faceoffs? :sarcasm:

Monctonscout 03-14-2013 12:12 PM

By placing him on waivers it means they want to send him down longer than 2 weeks. Means he isn't in their long term plans...plus they had 24 guys and only 23 roster spots.

Dr Gonzo 03-14-2013 12:12 PM

Good size, good at faceoffs, cheap salary.

A perfect pickup! (is what everyone would be saying if another team placed him on waivers...Habs fans have a fetish for anyone on waivers)

cjbhab* 03-14-2013 12:12 PM

lol beat me to it by a matter of seconds. GO HABS GO

Pierre Dagenais 03-14-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 61632883)
Great size, good at faceoffs, cheap salary.

A perfect pickup! (is what everyone would be saying if another team placed him on waivers...Habs fans have a fetish for anyone on waivers)

So true.. some people here think players on the waiver wire could just step into our team and perform. There's a reason why they are on waivers.

Kjell Dahlin 03-14-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbedraven (Post 61632837)
but, but, but, who will win us faceoffs? :sarcasm:

I know you are joking but it was a concern of mine before I realised that Dumont and White, both right handed, are also good in the faceoffs circle.

Habs 4 Life 03-14-2013 12:20 PM

I'm sure Dumont will be praying tonight that Nokes get's picked up!

disturbedraven 03-14-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 61633351)
I'm sure Dumont will be praying tonight that Nokes get's picked up!

let's just put it this way. If Habs management were scared of losing Nokes then they would have never let him go on waivers, they would have just worked him into the lineup slowly. This shows that they don't really care if he stays or goes. This bodes well for Dumont's position.

Natey 03-14-2013 12:37 PM

Sucks to hear. He's worked so hard to get back into playing shape.

CrAzYNiNe 03-14-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbedraven (Post 61633565)
let's just put it this way. If Habs management were scared of losing Nokes then they would have never let him go on waivers, they would have just worked him into the lineup slowly. This shows that they don't really care if he stays or goes. This bodes well for Dumont's position.

Or they could of sent Nokes down for a 2 week conditioning stint where he wouldn't need to clear waivers.

This moves shows that it is quite clear the team is moving on without him (or that he will have to prove his way back up to the NHL)

Blind Gardien 03-14-2013 12:55 PM

If no team needs players like Nick Johnson or whoever have been waived recently, guys who have actually played pretty regularly this year, then there's probably not much chance anybody wants a guy who hasn't played. It's pretty safe to just waive Nokelainen. And Dumont has made it that much safer by showing we have an injury replacement who is ready and probably figures more prominently in our longer range plans too.

Mad Habber 03-14-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe (Post 61634565)
Or they could of sent Nokes down for a 2 week conditioning stint where he wouldn't need to clear waivers.

This moves shows that it is quite clear the team is moving on without him (or that he will have to prove his way back up to the NHL)

I agree. It shows me, that the Habs would prefer if someone actually picked him up.

ClasslessGuy 03-14-2013 01:03 PM

For conditioning I tought we didn't have to send him on waivers?

Anyway I don't really mind

EveryDay 03-14-2013 01:05 PM

Noke have lose his spot to Ryan White, good bye Nokia!

Marc the Habs Fan 03-14-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy (Post 61635781)

The player has to agree to a 2 week conditioning stint and I am fairly certain the player still takes up a roster spot even if he says yes. It's possible Nokelainen wouldn't agree to one.

Or the Habs felt it would take more than 2 weeks to get him into playing shape.

Monctonscout 03-14-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbedraven (Post 61633565)

Plus White too who has done pretty well on faceoffs and stayed out of the box more.

They could have sent him down for 2 weeks conditionning without waivers I believe.

Phil Parent 03-14-2013 02:34 PM

Maybe he would have been claimed if he had been in game shape, but seeing as how he hasn't played in a year and he's a bottom 6 guy, I expect him to clear waivers. Sucks for the guy, he's done nothing wrong but he got hurt and evolution passed him by.

WhiskeySeven 03-14-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 61636227)
Or the Habs felt it would take more than 2 weeks to get him into playing shape.

That must be it. I hope he sticks around, I've always liked him for some reason and if he doesn't get picked up or called up again it's gonna be bad for his NHL career. I'd take him over Dumont (unless Dumont really, really steps up) and Armdog in the playoffs. Seriously, Armstrong's been absolutely neutral all season.

Habs Junkie 03-14-2013 02:37 PM

Does this mean we picked up Eager?

Habtchum* 03-14-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy (Post 61635781)

But would it mean that even if he's sent down for conditionaing, he would be counted as one of the 23 players and be conted on the cap ?

I guess he's out of the plans and bergevin is looking for longer term solutions. Dumont might be one, White can continue centering the 4th line, Nattinen will come back some day in hamilton and might become an option.... or a trade is in the making.

ProspectsFanatic 03-14-2013 02:38 PM

I'm suprise we didn't give him the two weeks to play with the Bulldogs, without having him to go to the waivers, and evaluate him from there. Right now, with already the lost of Palushaj and Geoffrion our offensive depth is pretty weak.

disturbedraven 03-14-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert (Post 61641369)
I'm suprise we didn't give him the two weeks to play with the Bulldogs, without having him to go to the waivers, and evaluate him from there. With already the lost of Palushaj and Geoffrion our offensive depth is pretty weak.

He's not gone off the team yet, and will likely pass through waivers unclaimed. Thus he will get playing time in the bulldogs. Down the road he could very likely be a call up once the rust is all off and we have need for him.

Habtchum* 03-14-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert (Post 61641369)
I'm suprise we didn't give him the two weeks to play with the Bulldogs, without having him to go to the waivers, and evaluate him from there. With already the lost of Palushaj and Geoffrion our offensive depth is pretty weak.

Our offensive depth is in Montreal already, or playing in College and Junior hockey.

Right now, Hamilton is a D-Men school with Lefebvre and Dufresne as coaches.

HBDay 03-14-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtchum (Post 61641675)
Our offensive depth is in Montreal already, or playing in College and Junior hockey.

Right now, Hamilton is a D-Men school with Lefebvre and Dufresne as coaches.

I agree. The offensive fruit on the Hamilton tree was ripe this year and we picked it. Gallagher.

The Defense is what is currently ripening.