HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dreger: Leafs/Blues talking Stewart? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1376113)

LEAFANFORLIFE23 03-14-2013 05:34 PM

Leafs/Blues talking Stewart?

Dreger was on NHL Network Radio yesterday and stated that blues are willing to move Stewart, and one player the blues are interested in is Toronto's Nikolai*Kulemin. I know other parts need to be added but I'd LOVE Stewart as our #2 RW

Hooliganx3 03-14-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 61652411)
Dreger was on NHL Network Radio yesterday and stated that blues are willing to move Stewart, and one player the blues are interested in is Toronto's Nikolai*Kulemin. I know other parts need to be added but I'd LOVE Stewart as our #2 RW

Stewart is the Blues best scoring forward this season. Normal media trying to create a story. How often does a playoff team trade their top scoring forward for a downgrade that will not be an UFA?

Zandar 03-14-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 61652411)

Sell high approach. They have so many wingers that it creates space while they could bring back more assets now.

TMLFC 03-14-2013 05:40 PM

Kulemin + Liles
for
Stewart

would there be any interest in that?
Not sure what STL D looks like.

Looking again, and reading reaction. Have a feeling they are looking for a complete upgrade for their overachieving winger; doubt the Leafs have the assets to overpay, if that is the case.

Mike Farkas 03-14-2013 05:40 PM

The Blues should sell him while his value is high, IMHO. And I rarely say that, but I think - depending on the return - it could be a major step into making the Blues a long-term winner.

Hooliganx3 03-14-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 61652667)
Kulemin + Liles
for
Stewart

would there be any interest in that?
Not sure what STL D looks like.

Liles has no value at all for his contract to the Blues. You need to add at least someone good to the deal......

ExJbeck 03-14-2013 05:42 PM

How about I knew Stewart could play this good here and now he is. Why in the hell would we trade him? Value high now? Just wait till the seasons over. Value high then? Wait till next season and he hit 35 goals+ . Would we regret trading him? Absof'inglutely.

TMLFC 03-14-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 61652747)
Liles has no value at all for his contract to the Blues. You need to add at least someone good to the deal......

Yeah looked again.

Leafs don't have the assets to add to kulemin ; considering what I THINK STL fans will expect.....this might as well stop here. Will likely go nowhere, because people will expect us to add a high end prospect or pick to Kulemin for the overachiever.(which isn't necessarily a bad thing, we just aren't in the position to pay what they think he is worth)

Captain Hook 03-14-2013 05:47 PM

Were the reports directly speculating Stewart for Kulemin + ? I had heard the Blues were taking offers for Stewart but were looking for a top 4 D to pair with Pietrangelo in return. It's possible Toronto has that D but maybe not. The interest in Kulemin may be separate from the Stewart situation.

cup67 03-14-2013 05:49 PM

to tor
berglund and stewart
to blues
bozak and kessel

next year
lupul-kadri-perry
jvr-berglund-stewart
kulimun-maclement-frattin

Hooliganx3 03-14-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 61652923)
Were the reports directly speculating Stewart for Kulemin + ? I had heard the Blues were taking offers for Stewart but were looking for a top 4 D to pair with Pietrangelo in return. It's possible Toronto has that D but maybe not. The interest in Kulemin may be separate from the Stewart situation.

Honestly I think they took Strickland as a credible source for Blues news when he was talking out of his ass.

EdwardBlake 03-14-2013 05:51 PM

Niskanen
Maata
Kennedy
2nd

For

Stewart

NH57 03-14-2013 05:51 PM

Kulemin + Gunnarsson for Stewart?

Mystifo 03-14-2013 05:53 PM

-Kessel
- Lupul
- Frattin
- MacArthur
- JVR

Who does Stewart knock out of the top 6? I mean I am fine as long as the price is not super high.

Pi 03-14-2013 05:55 PM

I don't want Stewart for Kulemin+ because when I watched him last year...I just think he's very lazy and works when he wants to...

I hope Leaf fans know that this is his contract year.

Kulemin might not be a 30 goal guy ever again but he's easily our hardest working forward, great defensively, and if he wasn't tied to the hip of a struggling Grabovski, he could put up 45-50 points easily. He has the skill.

I don't want the Leafs to be the team to overpay him on his next contract.

On the other hand, if we get Stewart, we better acquire Stastny..because this guy was amazing when he played with Stastny.

I'm really indifferent to Kulemin+ for Stewart. I just don't think it helps our team. We score enough, we just need to find a way to stop playing guys like Holzer/Kostka.

couture23 03-14-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystifo (Post 61653219)
-Kessel
- Lupul
- Frattin
- MacArthur
- JVR

Who does Stewart knock out of the top 6? I mean I am fine as long as the price is not super high.

My best bet would be Frattin.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 03-14-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

-Kessel
- Lupul
- Frattin
- MacArthur
- JVR

Frattin

JVR Bozak Kessel

Lupul, Kadri Stewart,

Macarthur Grabovski Frattin would be our top 9 IMO

Pi 03-14-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

-Kessel
- Lupul
- Frattin
- MacArthur
- JVR

He'd be the 3rd-4th best winger. Stewart is better than Frattin/MacArthur.

He'd be right after Kessel, Lupul..and JvR and Stewart switch around.

Jerkini 03-14-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 61652747)

Pretty accurate thing to say when your only knowledge of the aforementioned players is what their stat line on nhl.com says.

Hooliganx3 03-14-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingBennett (Post 61653125)
Niskanen
Maata
Kennedy
2nd

For

Stewart

What in that trade has any value to use other then Maata who is years away most likely.

matt1396 03-14-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cup67 (Post 61653071)
to tor
berglund and stewart
to blues
bozak and kessel

next year
lupul-kadri-perry
jvr-berglund-stewart
kulimun-maclement-frattin

No thanks from a leafs perspective, and i'd rather have Perry and Kessel as my #1 and #2 RW's over Perry and Stewart any day, but that obviously depends on Perry signing in Toronto and not elsewhere.

Quote:

-Kessel
- Lupul
- Frattin
- MacArthur
- JVR

Macarthur, Lupul and JVR are all LW's I believe, and Frattin plays on the 3rd line with Kadri so Stewart would slot in on the 2nd line RW perfectly.

Hooliganx3 03-14-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerkini (Post 61653497)
Pretty accurate thing to say when your only knowledge of the aforementioned players is what their stat line on nhl.com says.

Hard to watch Liles when he is scratched so much this season :sarcasm:

Liles is a PMD not really what the Blues need for Pietrangelo. The Blues need someone better then Jackman that plays a similar style to Jackman.

EdwardBlake 03-14-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 61653507)
What in that trade has any value to use other then Maata who is years away most likely.

Two way puck moving dman on a cheap salary to add to the dcore for a playoff push...

Vladys Gumption 03-14-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerkini (Post 61653497)

Actually, considering the Blues needs he's right. We don't need another puck mover who is soft in the defensive zone. We need a big, defensive defenseman who is at least remotely capable of moving the puck ala Coburn.

Freudian 03-14-2013 06:02 PM

Stewart
Cole

for

Gardiner or Gunnarson+2nd
Kulemin