HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GuyF's new article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13768)

Allan 09-23-2003 04:34 PM

GuyF's new article

Surprised he didn't announce it himself. There is another of GuyF's articles up (about Jasper).

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

As always, a good read. :handclap:

thome_26 09-23-2003 04:51 PM

Another good one! Still love the "Flaming" hot/not! I'm SOOOO glad about Mikhnov... it was mentioned that he could be coming to North American this year in a earlier thread, right? If so I'm SOO excited, as I think he'll be alot better then a lot of people think he will be (doesn't get much attention being in Russia). Who knows, maybe he lights up the Elite league so much that the Oilers have to sign him and he comes over and becomes one of the Oilers top six! Him and Izzy on the left side would make for one hell of'a big left side!

Skylla 09-23-2003 06:18 PM

WoW! Great article Guy. I'm still in disbelief that Peter Sarno has turned over the tables and now finds himself at the point of almost making the Oilers. Let's see how it plays out after Jasper.

IceDragoon 09-23-2003 06:20 PM

:handclap: Quality read Guy. You always give us good info, but now that you're settled in, your personality and style is really coming thru. This is obviously what you are meant to do. :D

Quote:

The four-day stint will include an assortment of organized team activities directed at building team morale and male bonding. Events on the agenda include golfing, horseback riding, tennis and mountain biking.
This is excellent news. Team morale is one of those intangibles that is often overlooked or left in the hands of the "team leaders" only. Another positive sign of the adjustment in the focus of management.

Now that we know Luoma has a 2-way, I think it would be good for him to get used to NA play by starting in TO. And I am also looking forward to (hopefully) seeing Mikhnov next year.

Mr Sakich 09-23-2003 06:43 PM

my surprise guy to make the team was valliquette and he isn't letting me down.

theoil 09-23-2003 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
Surprised he didn't announce it himself. There is another of GuyF's articles up (about Jasper). :handclap:

Veeerrry Nice. Thanks, Guy. It is particularly interesting to hear about the European prospects who seem to disappear off the map in the daily media. When you break the MC story I will personally phone the sports editor at the Journal and demand that he hires you.:D

Guy Flaming 09-23-2003 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
Surprised he didn't announce it himself. There is another of GuyF's articles up (about Jasper).:

Thanks for posting a link Allan... I was out all evening so wasn't around when the article was posted. Glad everyone's enjoying it. Read the "Oiler Notes" thread for some other stuff that I omitted from this article. "Oiler Notes" might be a bit farther down the page though.

thome_26 09-23-2003 07:52 PM

Guy, do you know of a site where Mikhnov's stats can be viewed (something English - as my Russian is so bad it doesn't exist!)

Edit:
Or anybody know of a site, doesn't have to be from Guy :D

Guy Flaming 09-23-2003 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
Guy, do you know of a site where Mikhnov's stats can be viewed (something English - as my Russian is so bad it doesn't exist!)

Edit:
Or anybody know of a site, doesn't have to be from Guy :D

there's a link to Russian Elite Prospects on the HF home page near the bottom left I think. It seems like the best I've seen thus far.

thome_26 09-23-2003 08:20 PM

I haven't visited it for a bit - but do they keep up to date stats (should/can check this for myself i guess, lol)

speeds 09-24-2003 05:27 AM

there was a thread that had a link for russian stats (in russian) on the prospects board a couple days back.

Maybe look for it there, and find a free russian english translator?

One that I know if is that altavista bablefish, don't know the address off hand but I'm sure you cna find it.