HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Keeping the kids seperated for the future (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1376801)

Rains 03-15-2013 01:32 PM

Keeping the kids seperated for the future

I think most of us agree that having Hall, Nuge, Eb's split up is probably the better idea moving forward. It's would be nice to have that one player on the 1st and 2nd lines with some pound and ground attributes.

Trading Hemmer for some muscle on the first line would be probably be the easiest way to acquire the first player especially with Yak's being his replacement. I'm just not sure how to get the second player, either trade a couple prospects and/or a roster player, or see what we can get for Gag's. The only problem with the latter is that it leaves a huge hole at second line center then. And we all know that we don't want Horc's there.

I think having a gritty winger on the 2nd with Gag's would help his game tremendously too, so it's hard to say.... I just don't know Meow...

Groucho 03-15-2013 01:36 PM

I like the idea of keeping them apart right now.
I'd like to see them reunited once they've had a few more years in the league and see how that looks.

BowDangles 03-15-2013 02:41 PM

I am hoping MPS keeps developing and uses his body more. He doesn't have to be killing guys into the boards, but rather using his body to protect the puck. Similar to how Jagr plays, once he has the puck on his stick he is damn near impossible to get it off due to speed, size and strength..

If MPS can round out I think a line of MPS-Gagner-Yakupov would be a good second line. Hall-RNH-Ebs as the 1st. Hall will eventually fill out more and when he wants to he hits people pretty hard already..

This is obviously a couple years away so in the meantime they need a stop gap top 6 fwd with grit.

OneMoreAstronaut 03-15-2013 02:58 PM

I think Hall-Nuge-Ebs can be a deadly line when Ebs isn't stone cold and Nuge isn't playing hurt, like some suspect. For now it doesn't hurt to split them up to help get some confidence back.

Diamondillium 03-15-2013 03:05 PM

This title sounds like the discussion recently divorced parents would bring up.

Mr Forever 03-15-2013 03:13 PM

Hall and RNH suck together. Keep them apart.

AlowlyOilersfan 03-15-2013 03:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FWdQVNeTlI

Had to.

shogun99 03-15-2013 03:21 PM

Pair up Hall and Ebs on one line, Nuge and Yakupov on the other line. Gives us a 1A, 1B situation. 3rd player on each line should be a bigger, defensively responsible player.

T-Funk 03-15-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 61720121)
Hall and RNH suck together. Keep them apart.

Funny, Eberle and RNH suck together too.

Perfect_Drug 03-15-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shogun99 (Post 61720497)
Pair up Hall and Ebs on one line, Nuge and Yakupov on the other line. Gives us a 1A, 1B situation. 3rd player on each line should be a bigger, defensively responsible player.

Leading Scorer Gagner gets exposed to Gamma radiation?

peck420 03-15-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shogun99 (Post 61720497)

Or keep the talent spread across 3 lines, and run with it.

I have to say that I am really liking the 3 line approach so far. Makes us very difficult to defend against.

Hall + Horcoff + Hemsky
MPS + Gags + Yak
Harti + RNH + Ebs

The only thing I really don't like about this setup, is that our driver is always on the left. Would be nice if that could be switched up every once in a while.

the pen is mightier 03-15-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug (Post 61720945)

That solves everything.:handclap: I can line it up.

Turrican* 03-15-2013 05:27 PM

Now I want to listen to Offspring...

HEEEEeeeeeeyYYYY COME OUT AND PLAY!

Lay Z Boy GM 03-15-2013 05:34 PM

Yea I'd like to see Gagner play 1st line minutes until RNH steals the spot back. Let's have some competition. Besides, RNH seems like he's playing through an injury, so I wouldn't mind him playing easier minutes with Yakupov and Pajaarvi.

Who knows? Maybe RNH and Yakupov could be deadly together, pure playmaker with a pure sniper.

shogun99 03-15-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug (Post 61720945)

Gagner would go between Hall and Ebs until we find that elusive big, defensively responsible center. Gagner and PRV seem to make a good combo and could be a permanent duo as well if we stuck with the 3 scoring lines

SeriousBusiness 03-15-2013 05:53 PM

I don't see an issue with Ebs-RNH-Hall on one line, then big winger-Gagner-Yak on another moving forward.

Ebs-RNH-Hall have shown in the past that they can dominate any defensive pairing thrown at them when they're on their game.

Sloth Slothersons* 03-15-2013 06:07 PM

Sometimes they are good together. But I don't mind them being split up. Especially right now. When RNH and Eberle are healthy and on their games, they can be awesome together. Hall can pretty much carry a line by himself with his speed.