HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jeff Carter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=137753)

FearTheFlyers 04-06-2005 07:34 AM

Jeff Carter

Despite scoring twice last night, the Greyhounds lost 3-2. He's all yours folks.

54fightin 04-06-2005 08:25 AM

article from Delaware County Daily Times

the second section of this article talks about possible visa problems for Carter (and Richards).

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=18170&rfi=6

Pantokrator 04-06-2005 08:39 AM

So the greyhounds were up 3-0 and lost the series? Thats horrid.

bennysflyers16 04-06-2005 12:16 PM

To local Philly people, what is the word on the street regarding Carter, is he coming to the Phantoms ?

Mess 04-06-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
To local Philly people, what is the word on the street regarding Carter, is he coming to the Phantoms ?

I think Jeff Carter may get named to Team Canada for the World Championships ..

What would be better .. AHL or the WC for experience ??

bennysflyers16 04-06-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
I think Jeff Carter may get named to Team Canada for the World Championships ..

What would be better .. AHL or the WC for experience ??

That's tough,,,, Probably get more ice time with the Phantoms, get another feel for playoff hockey. Either would be good, but don't know if he would play much on Team Canada !

MojoJojo 04-06-2005 01:55 PM

Sweet! :yo:

No word yet on the Phantoms or Flyers websites, but I'm definately getting tickets if Carter is signed.

Mess 04-06-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Sweet! :yo:

No word yet on the Phantoms or Flyers websites, but I'm definately getting tickets if Carter is signed.

From the link posted above .. There are Visa problems

On the day the NHL announced the cancellation of its season, Flyers G.M. Bob Clarke told the Daily Times to expect junior centers Jeff Carter and Mike Richards to see time this season with the Phantoms.

Now it looks like that may not happen.

Carter, who was involved in Game 7 of the opening round of the Ontario Hockey League playoffs Tuesday night, may not be able to play in the U.S. because of work visa problems with the U.S. government.

The U.S. stopped issuing certain visas Jan. 3, including the kind used by most Canadian and European-born athletes to play in the States.

Carter was expecting to have such a visa last fall, but because of the lockout, he never signed a contract with the Flyers, and therefore never got the appropriate visa.

Now, it could be a problem for the Flyers to get him here to boost the Phantoms lineup in the postseason.

Thats why I suggested Team Canada as a possiblity .. Him and Crosby perhaps..

Dizzy 04-06-2005 03:18 PM

I believe Hockey Canada said last week that they wouldn't use any junior players for the World Championships. So Carter wouldn't play for Team Canada.

pitkanen>bouwmeester 04-06-2005 04:15 PM

Can anyone give me any confirmation on if/when Carter will get to the Phantoms? I'm going to see them play Hershey on Saturday, and that would be a real treat to get to see him play. :yo:

RJ8812 04-06-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitkanen>bouwmeester
Can anyone give me any confirmation on if/when Carter will get to the Phantoms? I'm going to see them play Hershey on Saturday, and that would be a real treat to get to see him play. :yo:

im pretty sure u'll just have to go and find out

Dr Love 04-06-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Probably another ATO with the Phantoms.

bennysflyers16 04-11-2005 02:05 PM

Any news ???????????????

John Flyers Fan 04-11-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Any news ???????????????

No, and the fact that there has been no news leads me to believe that the visa problems for Carter/Richards could not be overcome and they won't be joining the Phantoms this year.

swflyers8* 04-11-2005 02:45 PM

That really sucks, another thing ruined by the NHL.

blah 04-11-2005 02:47 PM

http://phillyboard.orangeandblack.ne...threadid=12606

The Phantoms are trying to get him.

flip588 04-11-2005 02:49 PM

I'm not at all familiar with VISA requirements or issues, but how is it that no other AHL teams have problems signing their prospects to ATO's and we do?

blah 04-11-2005 03:32 PM

Maybe they already had visas. I don't know why the Flyers didn't make them get them regardless of the lockout situation. If there was no NHL they obviously would be going to the Phantoms.

flip588 04-11-2005 03:43 PM

Did they not require VISA's to attend the prospect camp this past summer? If I recall correctly that's why Ruzicka wasn't able to attend, VISA issues. Or is this VISA issue something that is new since then? Or is Ruzicka's situation different because he's not a native of North America?

salzy 04-11-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Maybe they already had visas. I don't know why the Flyers didn't make them get them regardless of the lockout situation. If there was no NHL they obviously would be going to the Phantoms.

I am Canadian and I work in the US on a TN Visa. One of the requirements for a TN is a job offer letter describing the work you will be doing. You must present it when you are entering the US to begin your job - you can't really do so in advance (although I am sure they make allowances for travel time and so forth). I realize Carter won't be on a TN and his circumstances are very different, but I'd bet the same rough guidelines apply.

salzy 04-11-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuzickaFan23
Did they not require VISA's to attend the prospect camp this past summer? If I recall correctly that's why Ruzicka wasn't able to attend, VISA issues. Or is this VISA issue something that is new since then? Or is Ruzicka's situation different because he's not a native of North America?

From what I understand, the Department of Homeland Security changed some of the rules and they went into effect Jan. 1.

FlyersGuy69 04-11-2005 08:06 PM

I hope that one or all of these guys can join the Phantoms because I plan on going to some playoff games and it would be great to see these guys(Carter,Richards & Ruzicka) play.

pitkanen>bouwmeester 04-11-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
I hope that one or all of these guys can join the Phantoms because I plan on going to some playoff games and it would be great to see these guys(Carter,Richards & Ruzicka) play.

I'm planning on going to some playoff games too and I would also LOVE to see Carter, Richards, and Ruzicka play

paxtang 04-11-2005 08:49 PM

With the way this AHL season has gone, I'd doubt you'll see all three play for the Phantoms at the same time. I'm sure Carter will get a spot, as they could use his scoring, and they might let Richards play, but I just don't see them giving a spot to Ruzicka. They've built too much chemistry to just throw in 3 kids, no matter how talented they are.

54fightin 04-13-2005 07:49 AM

4/13 update on Carter

Delco Daily Times had this story today: http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=18170&rfi=6

Looks good for him signing and playing soon.