HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Isles look to resign Streit, Visnovsky, Nabokov, and Boyes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1377643)

LetsGoIslanders 03-16-2013 04:22 PM

Isles look to resign Streit, Visnovsky, Nabokov, and Boyes

Looks like the Isles plan on making a run for the playoffs this season. :handclap: It's also a good sign that Visnovsky is willing to stay. Like Nabokov a couple of seasons ago, a player who don't want to come initially, but ends up liking the team.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...30553756659712

Quote:

#Isles soon to begin extension talks with Visnovsky, Nabokov. Both players told me that they are open to staying w/ team beyond this season.
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...30697386377216

Quote:

Also will be talking extension with Brad Boyes. Would indicate there's no plans to deal any of the 4 pending UFAs at 4/3 trade deadline.

CREW99AW 03-16-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders (Post 61778515)
Looks like the Isles plan on making a run for the playoffs this season. :handclap: It's also a good sign that Visnovsky is willing to stay. Like Nabokov a couple of seasons ago, a player who don't want to come initially, but ends up liking the team.

Great news on Vis being open to taking an extension. LetsGoIslanders, you've made my day :yo:

The cherry koolaide stand near the NVMC is open for business:laugh:

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS 03-16-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders (Post 61778515)

One name PA Parenteau. Sound familiar?

CREW99AW 03-16-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS (Post 61778765)
One name PA Parenteau. Sound familiar?

Another familiar name who wanted to stay into his ufa yrs: Matt Moulson.;)

I'm not saying having extension talks means they'll reach an agreement. As you point out, they also had extension talks with PA and couldn't findcommon ground.

The two most important of Snow's impending ufas are Streit+ Vis. I'll settle for getting those two extended.

Nolanitis 03-16-2013 04:38 PM

It is just exciting to hear veterans finally want to be a part of the Islanders!

Riseonfire 03-16-2013 04:42 PM

Want:

Vis - 3 years
Streit - 2 years (declining skill scares me)
Nabby - 2 years (We're running him into the ground this year)
Boyes - 3 years.

Colorado Avalanche 03-16-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolanitis (Post 61779705)
It is just exciting to hear veterans finally want to be a part of the Islanders!

It doesn't say that.

CREW99AW 03-16-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 61780027)
It doesn't say that.

Streit is the only one, that the press had reported to be in extension talks. The Vis/Nabby/Boyes info is all new.

Streit's recent coments.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...about-new-deal
“Everyone knows I like it here,” Streit told ESPNNewYork.com before last week’s Islanders-Rangers game at Nassau Coliseum. “The locker room is great, the living on Long Island, so we’ll see.”

“For me what’s important is where I live, the environment I’m in, the people I work with -- that’s important to me. The time I’ve spent here, it’s just flown by,” Streit continued. “The organization treats the players well and the locker room is great. We have good chemistry with the guys, so you know the best thing to be successful for this team is to make the playoffs. It’s been a long ride -- sometimes tough because we didn’t make the playoffs -- but there is progress and we’re moving in the right direction.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

Nabby's comments are from last spring,after signing his 1 yr extension.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ing/53685486/1

Wednesday, he said he was "thrilled" as he agreed to a one-year, $2.75 million extension.

"We have a great group in the locker room of young, talented players and we're heading in the right direction," Nabokov said in a statement. "I'm excited to have the chance to help get this team back to the playoffs."

Nolanitis 03-16-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 61780027)
It doesn't say that.

4 veterans say they are open to staying. So it does say that

Hipster Doofus 03-16-2013 05:16 PM

Good news for the Isles. Keeping Viz and Nabby would be huge. Nabby is a lock IMO, already resigned here and he seems really invested in the team by how hes taken over the lockerroom.

PWJunior 03-16-2013 05:25 PM

If they are all re-signed, it's going to be very quiet offseason for the Isles. It'll be clear that these are the vets that the Isles want to supplement the kids that should slowly be inserted in the lineup. We'll be looking essentially at the same lineup for next year with the addition of 1 or 2 rookies.

I don't know how I'd feel about that, it's more status quo than looking to actually improve.

StrongIslanders90 03-16-2013 05:27 PM

I have no problem keeping them all if they resign.....If they dont I will be pissed we didnt deal them a the deadline....

It would be Huge if Vis agreed to come back.....

IMHO I think he will head back to slovan, but not because he does not like he Isles.....If he wants to be in the NHL I think it will be for the Isles and if not it will be back home....

StrongIslanders90 03-16-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 61782287)
If they are all re-signed, it's going to be very quiet offseason for the Isles. It'll be clear that these are the vets that the Isles want to supplement the kids that should slowly be inserted in the lineup. We'll be looking essentially at the same lineup for next year with the addition of 1 or 2 rookies.

I don't know how I'd feel about that, it's more status quo than looking to actually improve.

PW, I dont have to tell you what Snow will be saying......." with the lockout we feel that next year we will have a better chace with having the guys together for a full year"

Its going to be a painfull transition into that Beautiful new arena without any "legit" upgrades..

Nolanitis 03-16-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 61782287)

But we are looking at possibly adding Nino, Strome, Donovan, Nelson... Good players that will have the right kind of vets in place to groom them. Snow's plan is starting g to come into fruition. Also consider they are looking to sign Lee and Mayfield too for Bridgeport.

Islander Prophet 03-16-2013 05:31 PM

I want at least one of Streit/Visnovsky to be resigned. Not sure about Boyes and Nabokov...

Nolanitis 03-16-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 61782343)
I have no problem keeping them all if they resign.....If they dont I will be pissed we didnt deal them a the deadline....

It would be Huge if Vis agreed to come back.....

IMHO I think he will head back to slovan, but not because he does not like he Isles.....If he wants to be in the NHL I think it will be for the Isles and if not it will be back home....

I was thinking that way too until I heard he was only looking at $150-200k over there. Surely another 7-8 million has to be attractive. He can only make that kind of money once in his life, he will have another 30+ years to be with family

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 03-16-2013 05:34 PM

As much as Streit would look great in a Bruins uniform, it's good to see the Islanders are actually, finally building a team.

CREW99AW 03-16-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolanitis (Post 61782477)
But we are looking at possibly adding Nino, Strome, Donovan, Nelson... Good players that will have the right kind of vets in place to groom them. Snow's plan is starting g to come into fruition. Also consider they are looking to sign Lee and Mayfield too for Bridgeport.

I agree. You've nailed it.
How many times over the past 3 seasons, have we had Snow say he's sticking with his rebuild, that more kids will be joining the roster?

Imo Snow's wants Strome/Nino/Nelson/Sundstrom coming to camp and taking jobs.Put some pressure on Okposo/Bailey.

I just hope the Lee/Mayfield signings go smoothly.

Nolanitis 03-16-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 61782743)
I agree. You've nailed it.
How many times over the past 3 seasons, have we had Snow say he's sticking with his rebuild, that more kids will be joining the roster?

Imo Snow's wants Strome/Nino/Nelson/Sundstrom coming to camp and taking jobs.Put some pressure on Okposo/Bailey.

I just hope the Lee/Mayfield signings go smoothly.

Bailey and Okslowso are running out of time. Time to put up or move on. Either one or both might be gone on 4/3, there are many options coming that could be as productive or more productive.

CREW99AW 03-16-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolanitis (Post 61782867)
Bailey and Okslowso are running out of time. Time to put up or move on. Either one or both might be gone on 4/3, there are many options coming that could be as productive or more productive.

I doubt Snow moves them before one of his younger, cheaper forwards actually comes to camp, wins their spot. Snow's $20m below the cap floor. Even with extensions for Streit/Vis/Boyes/Nabby..Okposo's $3m will easily fit next season and how much of a raise will Bailey get from his current $1m salary?

Nolanitis 03-16-2013 05:47 PM

So other than Reasoner and some defenseman (Martinek, Finley, or Hickey) the Isles are going with same lineup plus a rookie?

ohnoeszz 03-16-2013 05:52 PM

How is Bailey at center? (hes been playing wing right?) Eyeing sleepers for Van's 3rd line.

CREW99AW 03-16-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoeszz (Post 61783345)
How is Bailey at center? (hes been playing wing right?) Eyeing sleepers for Van's 3rd line.

Isles have moved him to LW, given up on him playing center.

He remains frustratingly inconsistent. Since he has low trade value and a dirt cheap salary, it's unlikely he's moved at this point.

McTank 03-16-2013 06:00 PM

What does boyes get? I would stay away from anything more than a couple years

DJENTLEMAN 03-16-2013 06:00 PM

Good for the Islanders fans and good for the Islanders organization. You guys deserve to retain good talent with all the crap you have to put up with.