HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Gears of War Judgement (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1377695)

Vamos Rafa 03-16-2013 05:31 PM

Gears of War Judgement

Didn't see a thread. But yeah, it's coming out this Tuesday!

Penguins23 03-18-2013 08:22 AM

Yikes. Seems really rushed. They are turning into COD.

Honour Over Glory 03-18-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguins23 (Post 61878033)

That's the E3 trailer you are looking at, from last year. They always show it a little raw and then when you play the game, it's a lot different. If you played any of the Gears of War games, you won't be worried.

But yeah, that video is from 2012. I think there are newer ones about gameplay that will show you it's better than the video you just saw in the OP's post.

yada 03-18-2013 09:20 AM

i got mine preorder cant wait. gears is one of my top 3 franchises with halo and cod being the other 2. i was worried the series is over after gears 3 so hearing the news of a new gears was a pleasant surprise.

Leafs at Knight 03-18-2013 11:03 AM

Meh , might get in once the price drops. The graphics and gameplay look the exact same with some new guns , and grenades , and also there is vertical gameplay. Reading some of the reviews make it nothing special. Not hating , because I will eventually get it , just rather spend my money on Bioshock right now.

Z-Diddy 03-18-2013 12:49 PM

I was planning on picking up this weekend

MGSRR, DMC, and Tomb Raider

And was wobbling between Far Cry and Crisis, but maybe I need to make room for this

Although I don't have much feels for Baird and Cole, I do like what I'm reading about the premise of the plot, prequel to emergence day, seems like Gears but with more a desperation and defense based gameplay, a campaign that revolves around what Horde mode felt like, and that was some good bro-time

I dunno if Cliffy really needs my cash this week for an additional set of gold plated shoes and a larger wallet to hold all his fifties, considering his latest jab that games should retail for more than 60 bucks

Not hating, he'll still get my money, quality franchise

Evil Ted 03-18-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguins23 (Post 61878033)

Turning into cod? when GOW1 was released it was already decided that it was to at least be a trilogy with paid dlc, this was in 2006 a year before cod4 so no GOW had a vision before anything to do with COD.

I don't see the draw of these games the multiplayer is lacking and the single player is the same cookie cutter ****. If you played one of these you have played them all.

yada 03-18-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 61889325)
Turning into cod? when GOW1 was released it was already decided that it was to at least be a trilogy with paid dlc, this was in 2006 a year before cod4 so no GOW had a vision before anything to do with COD.

I don't see the draw of these games the multiplayer is lacking and the single player is the same cookie cutter ****. If you played one of these you have played them all.

i agree that multiplayer is no fun but i love horde. my biggest gripe about horde and beast mode is the fact that dlc does not come up in public matches and too many people quit

Jussi 03-18-2013 04:24 PM

IGN gave it 9.2: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...udgment-review

Unfortunately I won't be buying this for a while, no money. :(

S E P H 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

I am a huge Gears of War fan, but this seems too early and too rushed.

I probably won't buy it, but rent it when I have time sometime during the summer.

VanCityCanuck 03-19-2013 03:14 PM

Gears Judgement: HF Crew

Anyone here interested in playing gears? Gears judgement

add me

xdopeboyzx

yada 03-19-2013 05:43 PM

theres already a thread ill add u later cause im down to play.

anybody start the campaign yet? i see theres something about earning stars and i have no idea what they're earmed for, maybe difficulty. i played about 3 rounds of multiplayer and hopped off to eat

i luv chickens

VanCityCanuck 03-19-2013 07:43 PM

lol dunt know haventplayed campaign yet.

VanCityCanuck 03-19-2013 07:50 PM

anyone that has it add me : xDopeboyzx

Jussi 03-20-2013 01:29 PM

Multiplayer demo is available also.

Mongo 03-20-2013 10:01 PM

This game sucks ass. Minds as well call it halo of duty. If I wanted to play craptastic halo or asstastic cod. I'd play them.

Why did epic get rid of DBNO? why do I only get one main weapon? Why does everyone get grenades now to start? Why is it red vs blue? This games MP is no longer GoW. The game is trash.

Co op Campaign is still fun. Ill keep it because a lot of my friends do the campaign multiple times in co-op. but the MP aspect is complete garbage.

Already posted this in the games your playing thread but its obviously more appropriate here.

S E P H 03-20-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongo (Post 62072995)
This game sucks ass. Minds as well call it halo of duty. If I wanted to play craptastic halo or asstastic cod. I'd play them.

Why did epic get rid of DBNO? why do I only get one main weapon? Why does everyone get grenades now to start? Why is it red vs blue? This games MP is no longer GoW. The game is trash.

Co op Campaign is still fun. Ill keep it because a lot of my friends do the campaign multiple times in co-op. but the MP aspect is complete garbage.

Already posted this in the games your playing thread but its obviously more appropriate here.

Seriously what is it? Is this an actually regular game release? Or is it a side project or ODST? Or in between?

VanCityCanuck 03-21-2013 12:31 AM

this isn't even gears
this is a halo/call of duty hybrid with gear characters and weapons.

so many flaws with this game
this game has destroyed the franchise.

Lynk 03-21-2013 12:40 AM

I'll probably pick it up at some point, but only because I love the GOW campaigns. Couldn't care less about MP.

daveskirtun 03-21-2013 02:07 AM

Can wait until my funds are replenished after Bioshock. Hope it turns out well, though.

VanCityCanuck 03-21-2013 06:04 AM

Campaign is really short. I beat the campaigns in like 5 hours probably, there are 2 campaigns.
I played on casual though, I just wanted to beat it to see how it is story wise.

xX Hot Fuss 03-21-2013 08:21 AM

Nobody cares about Baird

Mongo 03-21-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 62091391)
Nobody cares about Baird

I found Baird funny in 3. He got better as the series went along. I'm just glad Dom died and I don't have to see him ever again. Hated him.

Jussi 03-21-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCanuck (Post 62089009)
Campaign is really short. I beat the campaigns in like 5 hours probably, there are 2 campaigns.
I played on casual though, I just wanted to beat it to see how it is story wise.

One does not simply play Gear on casual. :shakehead It has to be played on Hardcore or Insane.

Patchey* 03-21-2013 10:14 AM

I don't give a **** about this game, cause Baird is an awful character.