HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Staple's Twitter: Visnovsky Signs 2-year Extension ($4.75M/year + NMC) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1377705)

bigbren92 03-16-2013 06:00 PM

Visnovsky Signs 2-year Extension ($4.75M/year + NMC)

"@StapeNewsday: #Isles soon to begin extension talks with Visnovsky, Nabokov. Both players told me that they are open to staying w/ team beyond this season."

So it looks like we may be able to hold onto Vis after all. I'm still not getting over excited because he only said he was open to the fact, but I think he got to experience Long Island and realized how great it is to live and play here. Nabokov, who I was less worried about resigning, seems to feel the same way.

Do you guys think that having a higher profile player like Vis, who was so opposed to coming her to begin with, resign will have a ripple effect throughout the free agent pool? What I mean by that is will potential free agents see someone like him change his mind after such a short period of time and resign here and maybe change their views on not playing on the Island?

A Pointed Stick 03-16-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbren92 (Post 61783671)
"@StapeNewsday: #Isles soon to begin extension talks with Visnovsky, Nabokov. Both players told me that they are open to staying w/ team beyond this season."

So it looks like we may be able to hold onto Vis after all. I'm still not getting over excited because he only said he was open to the fact, but I think he got to experience Long Island and realized how great it is to live and play here. Nabokov, who I was less worried about resigning, seems to feel the same way.

Do you guys think that having a higher profile player like Vis, who was so opposed to coming her to begin with, resign will have a ripple effect throughout the free agent pool? What I mean by that is will potential free agents see someone like him change his mind after such a short period of time and resign here and maybe change their views on not playing on the Island?

:whaaa?: This would be great news. I expected he came back to play here because he wanted to make one last pile of green next year here in the NHL. I still don't think he will sign with us, but I hope he will all the same. If he does we may be able to jettison Streit.

RMimagery 03-16-2013 06:08 PM

It sure wouldn't hurt. Excellent news. Love Vis.

IslandersFan17 03-16-2013 06:11 PM

Kinda goes to show that when they get here they tend to like it here.

Hipietro 03-16-2013 06:22 PM

Not to blow smoke up my own ass but I called this from the beginning.

Vets love Long Island.

JetsMetsIsles 03-16-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbren92 (Post 61783671)

It certainly won't hurt in bringing in FAs. It shows that the team is starting to commit to winning now. That and the new arena helps a lot. If I was a top 6 forward looking for a team I would be interested in the Isles. A chance to play with John Tavares who imo is a top ten forward and improving would be amazing.

IceAce 03-16-2013 06:24 PM

Love it. Would be a giant **** to all the haters who jumped in when Vis wouldn't report.

blitzkriegs 03-16-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 (Post 61784171)
Kinda goes to show that when they get here they tend to like it here.

A common praise by isles fans. Ever think that maybe its a nice and comfy situation with no real demand for winning? Aka it's an "easy" place to play.

Bunk Moreland 03-16-2013 06:31 PM

I would love to re-sign visnovsky if he's willing it is a must sign.. I like Nabokov but he's not really a must sign the goalie market is gonna be flooded, but I wouldn't care either way as long as if he leaves a solid replacement is brought in.

bigbren92 03-16-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs (Post 61785419)
A common praise by isles fans. Ever think that maybe its a nice and comfy situation with no real demand for winning? Aka it's an "easy" place to play.

I really don't think thats it. Long Island is a great place to live. Look at Martinek who kept his house here even when he wasn't with us

isles31 03-16-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hipietro (Post 61784963)
Not to blow smoke up my own ass but I called this from the beginning.

Vets love Long Island.

They always do. Guerin and weight both came here and would talk so highly of it. There's nothing not to like on LI, ESP if to have NHL money. Having a team that's close to a playoff spot can't hurt either

A Pointed Stick 03-16-2013 07:03 PM

Isles don't look very good so far. The passing is very ahl level.

And then Nielsen with the blind pass and goal. Lol

OpAck 03-16-2013 07:23 PM

Not to be a downer and all...but what else would Vis say when asked about if he'd consider signing here long term? He's not going to come out and say, "Contract extension? HA! I don't think so...I'm going home." He wants to make a good impression and be a good team player...he's going to go with the safe answer...which should be along the lines of, "I'd be open to staying here for sure, we'll see what happens." I won't be the least bit surprised and say, "But, but, I thought he said he was open to staying here?!?!" when he turns down the Isles and decides to finish his career at home in the KHL.

Not saying he won't sign here...but I really think, ultimately, that his home "country" KHL team will offer him a contract, and he'll more likely go home to his family and play over there...rather than moving his family to Long Island on a two year deal or something.

Nabby is a different story, since he seems to loves it here, loves the team, and gets all the ice-time he could ever want. He has really embraced this team and it's really a neat story considering it was a rocky start.

aemoreira1981 03-16-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 61785605)
I would love to re-sign visnovsky if he's willing it is a must sign.. I like Nabokov but he's not really a must sign the goalie market is gonna be flooded, but I wouldn't care either way as long as if he leaves a solid replacement is brought in.

At this point, Nabby is probably going year to year. If the Islanders make the playoffs or just miss, I think that both should come back...but get a capable backup if Poulin or Nilsson is not ready.

islesfan3991 03-16-2013 09:16 PM

If we could resign Vis before the trade deadline maybe we could get something of value back for Streit? Nothing against Streit but if we could trade him at the deadline and get something back for him that would be a great.

olenumber18 03-16-2013 10:23 PM

From a curiosity standpoint...how many people with Russian and Slovak ancestry (or recent immigrants for that matter) that could be potential ticket buyers in Brooklyn?

It may very well behoove the franchise to lock up a few European players for the move to Bk.

aemoreira1981 03-16-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olenumber18 (Post 61810541)
From a curiosity standpoint...how many people with Russian and Slovak ancestry (or recent immigrants for that matter) that could be potential ticket buyers in Brooklyn?

It may very well behoove the franchise to lock up a few European players for the move to Bk.

Brooklyn has a heavy Russian presence in Brighton Beach. However, I suspect that if the practice arena remains in Syosset, Nassau County or eastern Queens (i.e., Floral Park, Deepdale, or Douglaston) would be more of an ideal place to live for players/

John TavArt Ross 03-16-2013 10:49 PM

Hope they both sign and stay mainly for the reason that we add to the core and not replace, to relearn.

Paulinho 03-16-2013 11:10 PM

Boyes, Streit, Viz & Nabby sign them all.

Boyes 2 years
Streit 2 Years
Viz 1 year
Nabby 1 year

Richie Daggers Crime 03-17-2013 01:24 AM

Ick, no.

OlTimeHockey 03-17-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMimagery (Post 61784033)
It sure wouldn't hurt. Excellent news. Love Vis.

He's married and has kids. STOP IT!:rant:

OlTimeHockey 03-17-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceAce (Post 61785067)
Love it. Would be a giant **** to all the haters who jumped in when Vis wouldn't report.

haters. Can we have an infraction for using that label? Seriously. Haters gonna hate. Hamonic. Peace out! Isles so gangsta. puckzzzzzz schnizzle ma Goring. Or is it not a rap thing? Does this make you lovers? Lovers vs. haters......haters don't have to shower afterwards. Good on them. Too much stuff going around nowadays. Viz haters don't have to look away when Viz's wife is in the room...no awkward feelings. But you had the moment.....so cherish it.

Maybe this is OT. I wanna do this next time someone calls a group haters.....we have to stop the lovers.

Please think of the families you destroy in your quest. It's not right.
http://nerdmeltla.com/wp-content/upl...e-you-know.jpg

luki here 03-17-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulinho (Post 61814193)
Boyes, Streit, Viz & Nabby sign them all.

Boyes 2 years
Streit 2 Years
Viz 1 year
Nabby 1 year

resign nabby and viz by trade deadline. otherwise deal them all (dont set the prices too high either). seems like the obvious move.

beach 03-17-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey (Post 61823777)
haters. Can we have an infraction for using that label? Seriously. Haters gonna hate. Hamonic. Peace out! Isles so gangsta. puckzzzzzz schnizzle ma Goring. Or is it not a rap thing? Does this make you lovers? Lovers vs. haters......haters don't have to shower afterwards. Good on them. Too much stuff going around nowadays. Viz haters don't have to look away when Viz's wife is in the room...no awkward feelings. But you had the moment.....so cherish it.

Maybe this is OT. I wanna do this next time someone calls a group haters.....we have to stop the lovers.

Please think of the families you destroy in your quest. It's not right.
http://nerdmeltla.com/wp-content/upl...e-you-know.jpg

:handclap:

beach 03-17-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceAce (Post 61785067)

Yeah, **** all the fans that were upset that the guy we traded for wouldn't report.

Ummm, what???