HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Which line would come out on top in a head to head matchup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1377901)

Jussha 03-16-2013 09:54 PM

Which line would come out on top in a head to head matchup

Hypothetically, if they had identical dmen pairing on the ice with them

who would dictate play and win the matchup

Cleary - Abs - Eaves

versus

Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist

I know right now it's Cleary - Andersson - Eaves

but if Samuelsson was back most likely that would be the 3rd line as Sammy would take Abby's spot

I honestly think the kids are good enough to destroy that matchup and have all earned a shot at permanent roster spots, especially if we are trying to make the playoffs this season. Cleary hasn't gotten 1 point this season I think in a bottom 6 role, or 1 or 2 at most, and he is making 2.8 million, though obviously this season its less due to shortened nature. Hopefully Tatar is called up soon, he really seems like the real thing and it was nice knowing our 3rd line could generate offence when he was a part of it

The Nose 03-16-2013 09:59 PM

The kids easily.

Jurky 03-16-2013 10:02 PM

The kids AINEC.

RedWingsNow* 03-16-2013 10:07 PM

Kids

Brick Top 03-17-2013 12:23 AM

What??!! You guys are ****ing crazy! 2 goals from Abby tonight, 1 from Cleary....

Yeah, the kids line smokes them. :)

Flowah 03-17-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick Top (Post 61819541)
What??!! You guys are ****ing crazy! 2 goals from Abby tonight, 1 from Cleary....

Yeah, the kids line smokes them. :)

If you have Datsyuk centering Abby and Cleary, he would put in a bunch of goals off Abby's various body parts. All the way to victory.

Brick Top 03-17-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowah (Post 61819971)
If you have Datsyuk centering Abby and Cleary, he would put in a bunch of goals off Abby's various body parts. All the way to victory.

You tell me right now that if Datsyuk centers the Wonder Twins that he'll try banking shots in off their heads for a full game and I'll start a twitter campaign asap to make that happen.

RedWinger10 03-17-2013 03:42 PM

Nyquist line hands down. Although you would see more grit and grind from the Abby line.

BinCookin 03-17-2013 03:57 PM

For the first ten games. Cleary and Abs would rip them apart.

But after that Tatar and Nyquist would finally regain their confidence (destroyed by management) and then their line would be better perpetually.

Brick Top 03-17-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinCookin (Post 61847449)
For the first ten games. Cleary and Abs would rip them apart.

But after that Tatar and Nyquist would finally regain their confidence (destroyed by management) and then their line would be better perpetually.

:laugh: Only if the GM's who have been pushing to make the goals larger get their way, but they end up going overboard and start using soccer goals.

Frk It 03-17-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussha (Post 61808207)
Hypothetically, if they had identical dmen pairing on the ice with them

who would dictate play and win the matchup

Cleary - Abs - Eaves

versus

Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist

I know right now it's Cleary - Andersson - Eaves

but if Samuelsson was back most likely that would be the 3rd line as Sammy would take Abby's spot

I honestly think the kids are good enough to destroy that matchup and have all earned a shot at permanent roster spots, especially if we are trying to make the playoffs this season. Cleary hasn't gotten 1 point this season I think in a bottom 6 role, or 1 or 2 at most, and he is making 2.8 million, though obviously this season its less due to shortened nature. Hopefully Tatar is called up soon, he really seems like the real thing and it was nice knowing our 3rd line could generate offence when he was a part of it

If you want your 3rd line to be a scoring line you go with option B, if you want a grind line you go with option A.

Babcock has wanted to grind out games so apparently option B is not anything he's even going to consider. It's too bad but it is what it is at this point.

Flowah 03-17-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick Top (Post 61852327)
:laugh: Only if the GM's who have been pushing to make the goals larger get their way, but they end up going overboard and start using soccer goals.

Their strategy will be to plant Abby in front of the net and just shoot at him. He seems to be pretty aces at scoring that way.

VladTheImpaler 03-17-2013 09:13 PM

Kids win big. Andersson in his short time with the Wings has proved he is a much better centerman than what Abby has shown with a much larger sample size.