HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Max Domi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1378233)

4040tee 03-17-2013 01:02 PM

Max Domi

Is it just me or does Domi seem like the ideal player for Nashvilles current situation, he's a supreme defensive forward coming out of Dale Hunters system (so hell fit well with the Trotz system) and he's got great offensive abilities (an understatement). Only knock on Domi is his height but hes got great lower body strength.

triggrman 03-17-2013 02:02 PM

sounds interesting.

barrytrotzsneck 03-17-2013 02:23 PM

If we come out of this draft with Max Domi, it means two things:

a) we either pulled out of the tailspin and made the playoffs\picked in the 20s
b) reached and took a player that we already have similars in the system way too high.

I like Max Domi, but this draft needs to be about picking up some players that don't "fit the Trotz mold."

Top 6 Spaling 03-17-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc (Post 61839219)
If we come out of this draft with Max Domi, it means two things:

a) we either pulled out of the tailspin and made the playoffs\picked in the 20s
b) reached and took a player that we already have similars in the system way too high.

I like Max Domi, but this draft needs to be about picking up some players that don't "fit the Trotz mold."

c) Traded Legwand/Erat/SK/Gill/Hannan/whoever and as part of one of the deals, got a 1st from team
d) Traded up to #20-25, maybe using next years 2nd+ or something.

Domi is a guy I would LOVE to add, but I'm hoping he is our second 1st round pick. Great fit for our system, but I really want a gamebreaker.

Everlong 03-17-2013 03:27 PM

I think he fits almost every team with that skillset. Doesn't have the elite talent that makes a top 10 pick but he's probably one of the safest bets in that top 20. Just seems like his game will translate fairly easily to the NHL.

CalleJAMkrok 03-17-2013 04:01 PM

sounds a lot like Ryan O'reilly in his draft year

4040tee 03-17-2013 05:51 PM

I beg to differ, I think Domi's definitely got an elite offensive skillset. I also think that the Predators should stick to drafting players who have good all-around ability playing a 200ft game. People underestimate how hard it is to produce points in the London Knights system; for example Andreas Athanasiou could barely produce 0.5 ppg with the Knights and once he got traded to Barrie he went straight to PPG. I think the Preds organization will be high on Domi come draft day, and see it fully possible that they draft him in the 10-15 range.

Legionnaire11 03-17-2013 06:14 PM

Would definitely fit Poile's style of drafting guys with NHL bloodlines.