HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Fantasy Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Trade + General Fantasy Advice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1378259)

Shawnofthedeadz 03-17-2013 01:47 PM

Trade + General Fantasy Advice

Hey Everyone, I just received the following trade:

Marian Gaborik For Taylor Hall + Christian Ehrhoff

I understand I am getting the better deal, the question is whether or not the deal benefits my team. I do not want to make my opposition better off for an unnecessary piece. Also at this moment, if I were to accept the deal, I would probably drop Ehrhoff.

Our league is a 8 person non-keeper league; the stats we use are Goals, Assists, +/-, PIMS, Hits, Power Play Points, Shots on Goal and Hits. Below is my team:

C: Stamkos (C)
C: Duchene (C, LW)
LW: Ovechkin (LW, RW)
LW: Parise (LW)
RW: Semin (LW, RW)
RW: Iginla (RW)
D: Pieteranglo (D)
D: Kieth (D)
D: Burns (D)
D: Voynov (D)
BN: Thornton (C)
BN: Voracek (RW) (He only played two games this week, and next so he's on the bench)
BN: Gaborik (RW)
IR: Spezza (C)
G: Miller
G: Crawford
BN: Bobrovsky (Plan on starting him next week.)

Also, recently I have been in a big losing streak. I have lost the last four weeks straight. Three of those games were right after I acquired Stamkos + Goligoski for Backes + Yandle.

With two weeks remaining I am worried and frustrated. I only have a 1 game lead on 7th place, I play him next week and I need to win. If I am able to do that I will secure myself a play off spot. So what should I do to my team? Should I just be patient, or should I try and make a big trade? Also, what stats or positions should I be looking for?

Thanks!

StlRams514 03-17-2013 03:52 PM

Take the deal and drop Iginla, you'll be better off having a 5th d-man in case of injuries.

Randy BoBandy 03-18-2013 01:15 AM

How the hell did you trade Backes and Yandle for Goligoski and Stammer. That is unreal. You ripped somebody off big time, and that guy is a complete moron. Backes is a defensive forward whos going to end up with like 35 points this year. Yandle is good but its not like he is going to put up points at a rate much different than Goligoski. Stammer can get a hattrick any given night. He doesn't stop scoring. Good god that is hilarious. You must be playing with a bunch of amateurs.

Shawnofthedeadz 03-18-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StlRams514 (Post 61844701)
Take the deal and drop Iginla, you'll be better off having a 5th d-man in case of injuries.

Generally speaking, Iginla is still a solid producer in points and he brings me about the same amount of shots as Hall + Hits. There is also the fact that he might go to a contender at the deadline I don't think its worth dropping him for Ehrhoff. Especially when defence men like Markov, Goligoski and Muzzin are still available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy (Post 61873013)
How the hell did you trade Backes and Yandle for Goligoski and Stammer. That is unreal. You ripped somebody off big time, and that guy is a complete moron. Backes is a defensive forward whos going to end up with like 35 points this year. Yandle is good but its not like he is going to put up points at a rate much different than Goligoski. Stammer can get a hattrick any given night. He doesn't stop scoring. Good god that is hilarious. You must be playing with a bunch of amateurs.

Yeah, I thought so myself. Unfortunately, Stamkos pace has slowed the last three weeks I've had him and I've lost all my match ups. Hits, PIMS, and +/- are equally as important as goals, assists, and power play points. That being said, I still think it was a pretty good deal for me.

jaysoneil 03-18-2013 05:46 PM

If you acquired Goligoski, who did you pick up after you dropped him?

Or did you forget to post him on your roster? Meaning you have 5 D players already?