HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Danny Taylor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1378383)

Mike Jones 03-17-2013 03:39 PM

Danny Taylor
 
Just noticed on the AHL transaction page that Danny Taylor has been recalled. Is there an injury or something else happening?

Just wondering.

Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

stlflamesfan 03-17-2013 03:41 PM

I read that it is because Kipper's wife is having a baby. He is probably taking time off to be with her during the birth of his kid.

DBU 03-17-2013 03:41 PM

Kipper's s/o just had their second child so he didn't make the trip. No injuries to be concerned about.

MarkGio 03-17-2013 04:01 PM

This might be a good thing before the trade deadline. If this team loses games with Taylor in the crease, then at least the club would know for sure if they're buying or selling

Janko Unchained 03-17-2013 04:06 PM

Kipper's wife/unborn (recently born?) child support the tank.

Mike Jones 03-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBU (Post 61844193)
Kipper's s/o just had their second child so he didn't make the trip. No injuries to be concerned about.

I was more curious than concerned - trade deadline and everything.

I suppose spouse having a child is an acceptable absence. :D

BTW - with Kipper out of the way for a brief spell it would be a good time to tank. Maybe they should have brought up a kid from Utah.

Remember2004 03-17-2013 05:06 PM

We're buyers! We're always buyers!!!! No matter what... :cry: Realistically what if were 4pts out of the playoffs at the deadline are we still going to be buyers?

Mike Jones 03-17-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remember2004 (Post 61847795)
We're buyers! We're always buyers!!!! No matter what... :cry: Realistically what if were 4pts out of the playoffs at the deadline are we still going to be buyers?

Yep - because for some twisted reason the owners enjoy wallowing and languishing where the team currently sits.

If I were the owners I think I'd tell Kipper he was entitled to 6 months parental leave and send him home with a fruit basket, cigars or something.

Then I'd call up a kid from Utah instead of Taylor.

YMCMBYOLO 03-17-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remember2004 (Post 61847795)
We're buyers! We're always buyers!!!! No matter what... :cry: Realistically what if were 4pts out of the playoffs at the deadline are we still going to be buyers?

I hope not.

InfinityIggy 03-17-2013 05:18 PM

Hopefully we crash and burn, lose the next 5 and are out at the deadline.

Mike Jones 03-17-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 61848501)
Hopefully we crash and burn, lose the next 5 and are out at the deadline.

How long would Kipper be off with the baby and all? Would it be 2-3 games?

TheHudlinator 03-17-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 61848501)
Hopefully we crash and burn, lose the next 5 and are out at the deadline.

This kind of thinking makes me sick, I could never cheer for this team to lose or hope for it.

Ace Rimmer 03-17-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 61848931)
This kind of thinking makes me sick, I could never cheer for this team to lose or hope for it.

Ditto.

It's starting to become embarrassing. Oiler fan level embarrassing.

InfinityIggy 03-17-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 61848931)
This kind of thinking makes me sick, I could never cheer for this team to lose or hope for it.

Im still going to cheer for them every game. Lets not play stupid though, we all know what would be best long term of the team.

InfinityIggy 03-17-2013 05:37 PM

Also, my comment was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

TheHudlinator 03-17-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 61849737)
Also, my comment was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

Ok I over reacted I just hate how it seems some want an Edmonton style rebuild.

MightyMallard 03-17-2013 05:54 PM

If it is a boy, might as well sign him now, lock up our crease for the 2033 season and onward.

HighLifeMan 03-17-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 61850307)
Ok I over reacted I just hate how it seems some want an Edmonton style rebuild.

I don't think anybody would advocate for a 5-8 year rebuild like the Oilers. In saying that, if there ever was a year for the Flames to sell of their pieces and quickly accelerate the rebuilding process then this is the one to do it. Not everything has to be so black and white on this site, Calgary can without a doubt rebuild without going down the road of our neighbors to the north.

Shortened season? check
Ability to retain salary in a trade? check
Ageing yet still productive core pieces? check
Strong draft class from all accounts? check

These are opportunities that the Oilers did not have for the most part.

I can't help but to think that Calgary would be missing a HUGE opportunity here if they were to remain status quo at the deadline this season. We have stagnated as an organization and changes are needed. If 3-5 losses is what it takes to get management and ownership to realize this then I could get on board with that.

BVicious 03-17-2013 06:16 PM

Can't believe people want this team to lose. We're 4 points out of 8th and 6 points out of 3rd. I can't get over how dumb our fan base is.

Realistically, we can afford to trade Iggy still. He has not been a determining factor of us winning games.


If u want us lose then cheer for the oil.

Calculon 03-17-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVicious (Post 61851795)
Can't believe people want this team to lose. We're 4 points out of 8th and 6 points out of 3rd. I can't get over how dumb our fan base is.

Realistically, we can afford to trade Iggy still. He has not been a determining factor of us winning games.


If u want us lose then cheer for the oil.

And 6 points out of dead last in the NHL.

TheHudlinator 03-17-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calculon (Post 61852003)
And 6 points out of dead last in the NHL.

Very true, we are currently 9th in the west in ppg and that is where I imagine we end up.

Nordberg 03-17-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLifeMan (Post 61851693)
I don't think anybody would advocate for a 5-8 year rebuild like the Oilers. In saying that, if there ever was a year for the Flames to sell of their pieces and quickly accelerate the rebuilding process then this is the one to do it. Not everything has to be so black and white on this site, Calgary can without a doubt rebuild without going down the road of our neighbors to the north.

Shortened season? check
Ability to retain salary in a trade? check
Ageing yet still productive core pieces? check
Strong draft class from all accounts? check

These are opportunities that the Oilers did not have for the most part.

I can't help but to think that Calgary would be missing a HUGE opportunity here if they were to remain status quo at the deadline this season. We have stagnated as an organization and changes are needed. If 3-5 losses is what it takes to get management and ownership to realize this then I could get on board with that.

Basically this. At the end of the day what matters is winning the Cup. If it's for the sake of achieving that goal just about anything will go. A few losses right now is nothing compared to watching this team go nowhere once again for another full season next year. :shakehead

InfinityIggy 03-17-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLifeMan (Post 61851693)
I don't think anybody would advocate for a 5-8 year rebuild like the Oilers. In saying that, if there ever was a year for the Flames to sell of their pieces and quickly accelerate the rebuilding process then this is the one to do it. Not everything has to be so black and white on this site, Calgary can without a doubt rebuild without going down the road of our neighbors to the north.

Shortened season? check
Ability to retain salary in a trade? check
Ageing yet still productive core pieces? check
Strong draft class from all accounts? check

These are opportunities that the Oilers did not have for the most part.

I can't help but to think that Calgary would be missing a HUGE opportunity here if they were to remain status quo at the deadline this season. We have stagnated as an organization and changes are needed. If 3-5 losses is what it takes to get management and ownership to realize this then I could get on board with that.

This is pretty much how I feel about our situation.

Of course I want the team to win when I watch them, but if I remove myself emotionally from the situation the best course of action becomes very obvious.

Calculon 03-17-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 61852043)
Very true, we are currently 9th in the west in ppg and that is where I imagine we end up.

Most likely yes, but there could be some significant deviation if the team trades Iginla or other roster players at the deadline.

Personally, the only rational move is to sell at the deadline, regardless of how many points the team is from a playoff spot. They organization has to take a step back in order to take a couple of step forwards.

TheHudlinator 03-17-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calculon (Post 61852567)
Most likely yes, but there could be some significant deviation if the team trades Iginla or other roster players at the deadline.

Personally, the only rational move is to sell at the deadline, regardless of how many points the team is from a playoff spot. They organization has to take a step back in order to take a couple of step forwards.

For argument sake what do you do if we are 2 points up on 8th?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.