HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Northern Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Danes to DEL - SEL depletion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379009)

Justinov 03-18-2013 12:10 PM

Danes to DEL - SEL depletion
 
Over the last few years danish players have turned to DEL and Denmark can actually end in a situation where we have no SEL players next season :amazed:
Depends if Rögle with Jesper B. Jensen stays up or not.

Morten Madsen leaves Modo for Hamburg Freezers and joins Julian Jacobsen and Daniel Nielsen.
Morten Green plays for Hannover Scorpions and Mads Christensen for Eisbären Berlin.
Rasmus Nielsen from Herning is also rumoured to DEL now.

BalticWarrior 03-18-2013 12:13 PM

That can`t be good,its a definite step down from SEL. also why this sudden shift?

Justinov 03-18-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 61883697)
That can`t be good,its a definite step down from SEL. also why this sudden shift?

Simply that the best players leave for NA (Frederik Andersen and Nicklas Jensen as the latest). The rest is not good enough apparently.

If you are good in allsvenskan but not good enough in SEL, then DEL is a good in-between.
Morten Madsen didn't get a new contract with Modo (very surprising since his coach apparently liked him) so instead of finding another SEL club he chose DEL.

BalticWarrior 03-18-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 61884209)
Simply that the best players leave for NA (Frederik Andersen and Nicklas Jensen as the latest). The rest is not good enough apparently.

If you are good in allsvenskan but not good enough in SEL, then DEL is a good in-between.
Morten Madsen didn't get a new contract with Modo (very surprising since his coach apparently liked him) so instead of finding another SEL club he chose DEL.

Going a bit off topic,but i have to say that norwegians have set their priorities better than you guys(probably us too,just looking at all our prospects in NA),they don`t run to NA at first chance they better stay in SEL and always have their best playing in the Worlds.

Justinov 03-18-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 61884363)
Going a bit off topic,but i have to say that norwegians have set their priorities better than you guys(probably us too,just looking at all our prospects in NA),they don`t run to NA at first chance they better stay in SEL and always have their best playing in the Worlds.

Yeah it's good for their NT. It also seems that norwegian media is happy with having norwegians perform well in KHL, though they have no players in NHL. Seeing Thoresen as star there will make it a choice for players like Zuccarello and Holøs that already tried in NA without so much succes.

In Denmark and Latvia NHL is the big goal of the individual players. In Denmark no media reports about KHL at all, since it has no danish players. So NHL and primarily NT gets the little media attention hockey can produce here-

BalticWarrior 03-18-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 61885147)
Yeah it's good for their NT. It also seems that norwegian media is happy with having norwegians perform well in KHL, though they have no players in NHL. Seeing Thoresen as star there will make it a choice for players like Zuccarello and Holøs that already tried in NA without so much succes.

In Denmark and Latvia NHL is the big goal of the individual players. In Denmark no media reports about KHL at all, since it has no danish players. So NHL and primarily NT gets the little media attention hockey can produce here-

You guys need someone in KHL :laugh: maybe Regin is a likely candidate?

Justinov 03-18-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 61885313)
You guys need someone in KHL :laugh: maybe Regin is a likely candidate?

Regin is having problems in Ottawa playing 4'th line minutes that really is not his style of game. He just needs to survive this year without injury and hope for a one-year contract with some team that want to gamble that he can return to his form and health before his shoulder injuries.

If not I would say that KHL should fit his game very nicely.

But DEL (Hamburg specifically) has the same advantage as Sweden (especially Malmö, Rögle) for older players that it is quite close to Denmark. If the family don't want to move because of school for their kids you can go back and forth in car/train.

ImGoingNucks 03-18-2013 01:13 PM

Well I thought Morten Madsen was highly rated in the SEL?

Oh well, might be good for his confidence, Morten has good untapped offensive skills :D

I was always certain he would make the Wild, kid scored 100pts as a Rookie in the Q.

Justinov 03-18-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingNuck (Post 61886503)
Well I thought Morten Madsen was highly rated in the SEL?

Oh well, might be good for his confidence, Morten has good untapped offensive skills :D

I was always certain he would make the Wild, kid scored 100pts as a Rookie in the Q.

Yeah I thought that as well. He has been used more defensively for Modo so I agree that to get back into offensive mode DEL is a good choice. He had 4 seasons in Modo with over 10 goals pr season (11-14-11-11), so it's not because he has flopped in any way. Only two players scored more than 20 this season in SEL.
But his 100 points in QMJHL (32G 68A) is perhaps a danish record for NA youth leagues?

ImGoingNucks 03-18-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 61887165)
Yeah I thought that as well. He has been used more defensively for Modo so I agree that to get back into offensive mode DEL is a good choice. He had 4 seasons in Modo with over 10 goals pr season (11-14-11-11), so it's not because he has flopped in any way. Only two players scored more than 20 this season in SEL.
But his 100 points in QMJHL (32G 68A) is perhaps a danish record for NA youth leagues?

Exactly a good 2 way forward in the SEL, he should do well in the DEL scoring wise. 10 goals in the SEL ain't bad.

Yeah I should think it is the record for a dane :D

Justinov 03-28-2013 07:33 AM

It seems that Rögle will not qualify for SEL. So Jesper B Jensen and Thomas Spelling down with Rögle to Allsvenskan.
Nicklas Jensen to NA & Morten Madsen to DEL.
Patrick Galbraith not having a future with Frölunda - either sold or kept being loaned to Allsvenskan.
Nikolaj Ehlers playing in NLA next season.

Denmark will have no players in SEL - that must be the first time since Heinz Ehlers started playing for Leksand in 1984 that we don't have a single SEL player???

Justinov 04-17-2013 07:36 AM

Patrick Galbraith is no longer on contract with Frölunda.
From their homepage: "Nu är det också klart att målvakten #1 Patrick Galbraith inte blir kvar i Frölunda HC. Hans kontrakt kommer inte att förlängas."
Maybe he will be able to continue for Oskarshamn in Allsvenskan where he was loaned in the second half of the season.

Looks very likely that Denmark will have no SEL player next season for the first time since before 1984.....

ImGoingNucks 04-18-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 64108857)
Patrick Galbraith is no longer on contract with Frölunda.
From their homepage: "Nu är det också klart att målvakten #1 Patrick Galbraith inte blir kvar i Frölunda HC. Hans kontrakt kommer inte att förlängas."
Maybe he will be able to continue for Oskarshamn in Allsvenskan where he was loaned in the second half of the season.

Looks very likely that Denmark will have no SEL player next season for the first time since before 1984.....

Sad, very sad indeed. So NO players in any of the two strongest leagues in Europe...
Hopefully they will have more dominating roles in the DEL.

TheFatOne 04-18-2013 03:28 PM

Well, atleast you have some players in Allsvenskan. And there are rumors that Felix Maegaard Scheel and Emil L. Kristensen will come to Allsvenskan.

Justinov 04-19-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 64185639)
Well, atleast you have some players in Allsvenskan. And there are rumors that Felix Maegaard Scheel and Emil L. Kristensen will come to Allsvenskan.

Yeah we will have quite the number next season, unless even more players transfer to DEL?
Emil L. Kristensen (Esbjerg) played very well in the last NT warm up matches, so hopefully it can bring him to Allsvenskan.
Maybe Felix Maegaard Scheel will come back to Rögle now they are relegated to Allsvenskan? He had a good year for Olofströms IK in division 1.

EDIT: Emil L. Kristensen has signed a two-year contract with Oskarshamn.
Source: http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/dansk...il-allsvenskan
So his play against Russia impressed enough to get him to Allsvenskan. Oskarshamn is turning into a "danish" club. See if they are also willing to get Patrick Galbraith to stay?

Justinov 04-27-2013 10:57 AM

Jesper B. Jensen will continue with Rögle and play in Allsvenskan next year. One of the last possible SEL candidates disappeared there for Denmark.

andersej 04-27-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 64750907)
Jesper B. Jensen will continue with Rögle and play in Allsvenskan next year. One of the last possible SEL candidates disappeared there for Denmark.

Ordered my Malmö season ticket yesterday - here's hoping that Mathias Bau Hansen will get a contract with Malmö and not be loaned out to IK Pantern or the like. Every comment I hear from Sweden, they sound almost blown away by his progress. If he works hard, he has the skills and the physical ability to become a very good player.

Justinov 04-28-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersej (Post 64757803)
Ordered my Malmö season ticket yesterday - here's hoping that Mathias Bau Hansen will get a contract with Malmö and not be loaned out to IK Pantern or the like. Every comment I hear from Sweden, they sound almost blown away by his progress. If he works hard, he has the skills and the physical ability to become a very good player.

:nod: Somebody knows how to treat himself :D
Anyways since Malmö has been a bit depleted of danish players (Philip Hersby and Stefan Lassen out) it would be nice to have some other players join Mads Bødker and Frederik Storm.
Rumours also say that Felix Maegaard Scheel might go Malmö (or Rögle or Karlskrona) -> eliteprospects
Whether they keep Mathias Bau Hansen in U20 to start next season to slowly bring him up to the team or loan him out to division 1 is really a good question!

andersej 04-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 64824637)
:nod: Somebody knows how to treat himself :D
Anyways since Malmö has been a bit depleted of danish players (Philip Hersby and Stefan Lassen out) it would be nice to have some other players join Mads Bødker and Frederik Storm.
Rumours also say that Felix Maegaard Scheel might go Malmö (or Rögle or Karlskrona) -> eliteprospects
Whether they keep Mathias Bau Hansen in U20 to start next season to slowly bring him up to the team or loan him out to division 1 is really a good question!

The price is quite reasonable (2400 SEK ~ 2100 DKK - about the same as my Rødovre season ticket), there are more games than in the Danish league and no denying that the level of play is much higher in the Allsvenskan. And a lot of visiting Danish players and Swedish prospects to keep an eye on...

Bødker could end up on the outside as well. The intention is for him to be the 7th or 8th D-man. Although they have yet to sign at least 2 D-men.

Scheel would be interesting to follow, from what I've seen of him with the NT, he should be able to play at the Allsvenskan level.

I believe Bau Hansen is too old to play in the U20 league next season, that's why it will probably be either Redhawks or Pantern for him next season if he is offered a contract.

Storm looks to move up to a top 6 role next season. He was a bit uneven last season, but at his peak he was definitely top 6 and a bit of a fan favourite.

Justinov 04-28-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersej (Post 64829779)
The price is quite reasonable (2400 SEK ~ 2100 DKK - about the same as my Rødovre season ticket), there are more games than in the Danish league and no denying that the level of play is much higher in the Allsvenskan. And a lot of visiting Danish players and Swedish prospects to keep an eye on...

Bødker could end up on the outside as well. The intention is for him to be the 7th or 8th D-man. Although they have yet to sign at least 2 D-men.

Scheel would be interesting to follow, from what I've seen of him with the NT, he should be able to play at the Allsvenskan level.

I believe Bau Hansen is too old to play in the U20 league next season, that's why it will probably be either Redhawks or Pantern for him next season if he is offered a contract.

Storm looks to move up to a top 6 role next season. He was a bit uneven last season, but at his peak he was definitely top 6 and a bit of a fan favourite.

Keeping eye on both Rødovre and Allsvenskan certainly give you time to spot talents. So you see any danish youth matches or only Al-bank liga?
Yes, Bau Hansen will be to old for next season. Why Pantern in particular? Because Malmö usually loan to them?
Storm is a solid danish NT man for many years I think. But surprising that all the Danish Malmö defenders have dropped so much in value. If Mads Bødker also goes it's 3 danish NT defenders being dropped by an Allsvenskan team!

andersej 04-28-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 64830971)
Keeping eye on both Rødovre and Allsvenskan certainly give you time to spot talents. So you see any danish youth matches or only Al-bank liga?
Yes, Bau Hansen will be to old for next season. Why Pantern in particular? Because Malmö usually loan to them?
Storm is a solid danish NT man for many years I think. But surprising that all the Danish Malmö defenders have dropped so much in value. If Mads Bødker also goes it's 3 danish NT defenders being dropped by an Allsvenskan team!

No youth matches for me. But with these two season tickets I'll be sure to get my fix. :nod: I think Malmö and Pantern are looking to expand on their cooperation at this time. It also makes sense geographically, especially if they want to make the loan short term rather than season-long. But, if Bau keeps up the intensity in training, I think he could make the Redhawks roster when the season starts.

It wasn't really that any of the Malmö D were particularly bad last season. They all had their ups and downs of course, but the main problem was that they had 5 or 6 5th D-men and no top 4, let alone top pairing D-men. $$$-wise, Stefan Lassen was their number 1 D-man AFAIK, but he clearly does not have the offensive abilities to be a number 1 D-man at that level. As the season went on, Rasmus Andersson developed in to a solid top 4, but you really don't want to rely too heavily on a 16 yo D-man at that level! Andersson looks to be a stud and sure-fire first round pick - probably even top 10 - in 2015 if he keeps on developing.

Bødker was politely told he could find another club, but he has a year left on his contract and decided to stay and fight for his spot.

Spelling has been officially released by Rögle. Looks to me like his attitude was the biggest problem. He didn't handle the demotion to the U20 very well from what I heard, although he put up solid numbers, it sounds like he was a bit too outspoken about it. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Although drafted by the Rangers, he really should establish himself at least at the Allsvenskan level before going to North America. Maybe he doesn't want another year in Sweden after the one he just had, but I could see one of the 'smaller' Allsvenskan teams taking a chance on him.

Justinov 04-29-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersej (Post 64842017)
No youth matches for me. But with these two season tickets I'll be sure to get my fix. :nod: I think Malmö and Pantern are looking to expand on their cooperation at this time. It also makes sense geographically, especially if they want to make the loan short term rather than season-long. But, if Bau keeps up the intensity in training, I think he could make the Redhawks roster when the season starts.

It wasn't really that any of the Malmö D were particularly bad last season. They all had their ups and downs of course, but the main problem was that they had 5 or 6 5th D-men and no top 4, let alone top pairing D-men. $$$-wise, Stefan Lassen was their number 1 D-man AFAIK, but he clearly does not have the offensive abilities to be a number 1 D-man at that level. As the season went on, Rasmus Andersson developed in to a solid top 4, but you really don't want to rely too heavily on a 16 yo D-man at that level! Andersson looks to be a stud and sure-fire first round pick - probably even top 10 - in 2015 if he keeps on developing.

Bødker was politely told he could find another club, but he has a year left on his contract and decided to stay and fight for his spot.

So Pantern could be a more official Malmö B-team.
Stefan Lassen was deemed to expensive for what he could bring the team and all the Danish d-men were substituted basically for giving space to more top4 defenders?! Bødker might stay as he third pair d-man (or not). Malmö must have got an influx of money if they can upgrade that good as an Allsvenskan team?

andersej 04-29-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 64896943)
So Pantern could be a more official Malmö B-team.
Stefan Lassen was deemed to expensive for what he could bring the team and all the Danish d-men were substituted basically for giving space to more top4 defenders?! Bødker might stay as he third pair d-man (or not). Malmö must have got an influx of money if they can upgrade that good as an Allsvenskan team?

I don't know how formalised their cooperation will be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 4 or 5 young Malmö players loaned out to Pantern next season.

They probably feel Lassen was overpaid last season, so they must feel they can get an upgrade for the same or maybe even less $$$.

Nor do I know much about the financial state of the team, but it was in such turmoil leading up to last season, that they must have a better financial outlook this season. I can't tell you if they have any debt left to pay off, but their attendance is among the best in the league - and better than some SEL teams.

Justinov 04-30-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersej (Post 64930931)
I don't know how formalised their cooperation will be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 4 or 5 young Malmö players loaned out to Pantern next season.

They probably feel Lassen was overpaid last season, so they must feel they can get an upgrade for the same or maybe even less $$$.

Nor do I know much about the financial state of the team, but it was in such turmoil leading up to last season, that they must have a better financial outlook this season. I can't tell you if they have any debt left to pay off, but their attendance is among the best in the league - and better than some SEL teams.

So how many Danes help getting that attendance you think. Is it a few fans like yourself or do the have a "danish fanbase"?

andersej 04-30-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 64943891)
So how many Danes help getting that attendance you think. Is it a few fans like yourself or do the have a "danish fanbase"?

You do hear Danish spoken at the arena occasionally, but my guess is that most of those Danes are living permanently on the Swedish side of the bridge. For the big games, maybe 10 - 20 Danes will be headed with me on the train back to Copenhagen, but on some nights, it's more like one or two - who might not even have been at the game. Some may be commuting by car of course, but I suspect the number is in single digit in terms of regular attendees / season ticket holders living on the Danish side.

Hardly what Percy Nilsson envisioned, but he of course expected them to be in the SEL on a regular basis. :sarcasm: Still, if you're a hockey fan living in the Copenhagen area, you owe it to yourself to go check it out. It's also a great introduction to the game for newbies. It's just a 'bigger' experience to watch a game in a modern almost-NHL sized arena with all the sound/visual effects compared to Rødovre... or Herlev :boredom:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.