HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379479)

Samkow 03-18-2013 10:57 PM

Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)
 
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206123

http://www.instablogsimages.com/1/20...1350463474.jpg

So yeah, Perry resigned with the Ducks. Interesting, because I heard throughout the summer that he was gone to Toronto for sure :laugh:

Sore Loser 03-18-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 61923713)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206123

http://www.instablogsimages.com/1/20...1350463474.jpg

So yeah, Perry resigned with the Ducks. Interesting, because I heard throughout the summer that he was gone to Toronto for sure :laugh:

Somewhere, Leaf Nation is beginning to cry just a little. All will be calm in an hour though, when one of them creates the following rumor: Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman, and John Tavares are all heading to Toronto in a three team trade. The Isles are getting Grabovski and a 7th round pick, and the Lightning are getting Komisarek, Liles, and next year's 7th round pick. Oh, and the Lightning are picking up half of Stamkos' contract.

CBJWennberg41 03-18-2013 11:10 PM

Happy for Ducks fans.

Robert 03-18-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 61924361)
Somewhere, Leaf Nation is beginning to cry just a little. All will be calm in an hour though, when one of them creates the following rumor: Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman, and John Tavares are all heading to Toronto in a three team trade. The Isles are getting Grabovski and a 7th round pick, and the Lightning are getting Komisarek, Liles, and next year's 7th round pick. Oh, and the Lightning are picking up half of Stamkos' contract.

Leaf fans are a rare bird, met many over the years at Sabre games... good folks though, just cup deprived.... :)

Sore Loser 03-18-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 61925513)
Leaf fans are a rare bird, met many over the years at Sabre games... good folks though, just cup deprived.... :)

I know plenty of Leaf fans ... I get a kick out of reminding them that we've made the playoffs more recently than them. You're right, good people, just a bit ... off.

candyman82 03-19-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 61929745)
I know plenty of Leaf fans ... I get a kick out of reminding them that we've made the playoffs more recently than them. You're right, good people, just a bit ... off.

They are so much fun to mess with

Robert 03-19-2013 12:14 AM

Looks like the Wild are for real, if so good for them... good rebound after Lamaire was god...

major major 03-19-2013 02:42 AM

The guys on TSN's TH2N had high praise for Patrick Kane tonight.

"Second best player in the league" - Jamie Mclennan

"One of the best two-way players in the game"

This is news to me (not sarcasm), I hadn't noticed his overall game in a while. Can anyone confirm/reject these statements?

EspenK 03-19-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by major major (Post 61941015)
The guys on TSN's TH2N had high praise for Patrick Kane tonight.

"Second best player in the league" - Jamie Mclennan

"One of the best two-way players in the game"

This is news to me (not sarcasm), I hadn't noticed his overall game in a while. Can anyone confirm/reject these statements?

Patrick Kane RW 29 16 21 37 +15 20:14 - 12 pp pts

Throw in a 20% shooting pct and 2 penalty mins and 4 for 7 in SO's I say they might be on to something.

I think his hockey IQ is rising.

Robert 03-19-2013 10:19 PM

The Pens win 10 in a row.... I'd love to test the CBJ with a rested Bob vs those guys...

major major 03-19-2013 10:28 PM

Lars Eller is looking really impressive this year. He looks really strong, and has some sick dangles and playmaking. He was always a guy who had really good two way play, but folks weren't sure if he'd ever be more than a shutdown center. Already this year he looks like a 2nd line center, who might still have Ryan Kesler upside.

We are going to be talking a lot more come summer about Jarmo's 2007 draft in St. Louis, and I don't want anyone saying "Eller who? Must be a bust." He's a good find, as is Perron.

CBJWennberg41 03-20-2013 06:09 PM

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 12m

#NYR Can confirm that Rangers GM Glen Sather will undergo surgery in NY Thurs for prostate cancer, as 1st reported by @stevezipay

CBJWennberg41 03-20-2013 11:47 PM

San Jose, who is in 8th place. Is losing 3-1 to Edmonton in the 3rd. If the lose then we will still be tied for 8th, but Edmonton also enters the frame, tying us in points.


EDIT: Annnnd San Jose just tied it...

Mayor Bee 03-21-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 62076681)
San Jose, who is in 8th place. Is losing 3-1 to Edmonton in the 3rd. If the lose then we will still be tied for 8th, but Edmonton also enters the frame, tying us in points.


EDIT: Annnnd San Jose just tied it...

It's too early to start rooting for teams.

If you want to make the playoffs, just root for games that end in regulation. If you want to get the best draft pick possible, root for overtime games.

CBJWennberg41 03-21-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 62078387)
It's too early to start rooting for teams.

If you want to make the playoffs, just root for games that end in regulation. If you want to get the best draft pick possible, root for overtime games.

Well they're going to overtime. Now we're no longer tied for 8th.

Mayor Bee 03-21-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 62079239)
Well they're going to overtime. Now we're no longer tied for 8th.

In that case, hope for the shootout.

CBJWennberg41 03-21-2013 12:32 AM

Sharks win. 2 points out.

Mayor Bee 03-21-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 62080881)
Sharks win. 2 points out.

3, if you want to get technical. Columbus can finish with 66 points, and right now Detroit is the team with the 8th-most possible points in the West with 69. San Jose is 2 points up in the actual standings, but 4 points ahead in possible points.

Dr. Fire 03-21-2013 09:00 AM

Avs helped us beating Dallas, but the Oiler v Sharks game was the worst case scenario with both teams gaining points.

Just gotta keep winning.

CBJSprague24 03-21-2013 04:36 PM

Hey, we should go to this!


db2011 03-21-2013 09:24 PM

Nash just made a hit he may get disciplined for

db2011 03-21-2013 09:41 PM

Panthers 3:1 Rangers






:yo:

Florida had a shutout going til just over 3 mins, that woulda been nice. Worth noting, a little over a minute left, Rangers down 1, Tortorella puts 5 forwards out for a center ice faceoff... and Nash wasn't one of them. :huh:

Samkow 03-21-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidbklyn (Post 62135943)
Nash just made a hit he may get disciplined for


Matthew 03-21-2013 09:48 PM

WTF is he doing there :shakehead

The Four Seven 03-21-2013 10:59 PM

Topic on the mains called "the Rick Nash trade killed the Rangers".

Is it mean that I belly-laughed when I read that?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.