HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Sharks - March 20, 2013 - Huge Things (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379611)

Turrican* 03-18-2013 11:49 PM

Oilers vs Sharks - March 20, 2013 - Huge Things

If we ever thought of going to the playoffs this year, this game may decide that.
It will be huge for points. And huge for confidence.

Can Shawn "Scorecoff-Horcules-Heartcoff" Horcoff carry us to the promised land of playoffs?

Mr Forever 03-18-2013 11:50 PM

Horcoff will score in triple over time against the Sharks to give us the win

Sloth Slothersons* 03-18-2013 11:54 PM

HORCOFF will score all of our goals in every game if he has to! HE IS OUR KING, OUR CAPTAIN, OUR SAVIOR!

Mc5RingsAndABeer 03-18-2013 11:54 PM

If Ebs and RNH can get hot down the stretch, we should have a solid chance to make the playoffs. It's actually amazing that we're still only a few points out of a spot despite RNH and Ebs being snakebitten.

The Perfect Human* 03-18-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 61936507)
If Ebs and RNH can get hot down the stretch, we should have a solid chance to make the playoffs. It's actually amazing that we're still only a few points out of a spot despite RNH and Ebs being snakebitten.

Moving MPS onto that line might do them some favours. Let Hall slot in with Gags/Yaks, and give Horcoff-Hemsky a pure heavy-minutes, "shutdown" role alongside Jones.

I could see those changes being made if things go bad fast vs SJS. The long term implications could be great if chemistry is there.

Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky (heavy minutes vs Thornton line)
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov (scoring minutes vs Pavelski line)
MPS-RNH-Eberle (2ndary scoring minutes vs Handzus line)

Oiltankjob Fail 03-18-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 (Post 61936787)
Moving MPS onto that line might do them some favours. Let Hall slot in with Gags/Yaks, and give Horcoff-Hemsky a pure heavy-minutes, "shutdown" role alongside Jones.

I could see those changes being made if things go bad fast vs SJS. The long term implications could be great if chemistry is there.

Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky (heavy minutes vs opposition's top line)
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov (scoring minutes)
MPS-RNH-Eberle
(2ndary scoring minutes)

Not bad at all imo.

TopCookie 03-19-2013 12:01 AM

If we beat the Sharks on wednesday in regulation, we would both have identical 12-11-6 records. Very important game!

Bergeron47 03-19-2013 12:12 AM

We're only 6 points behind our division leader and Canucks are struggling. I don't trust Minny to stay on top either

Del McPreston 03-19-2013 12:15 AM

Any chance Thornton is suspended for the game on Wednesday?

The Perfect Human* 03-19-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Preston (Post 61938047)
Any chance Thornton is suspended for the game on Wednesday?

Nice 2-day gap for a decision from the NHL.

Thornton is the best player for that team - if he's gone it really gives us a shot.

488McFitter 03-19-2013 12:54 AM

That looks like a suspension to me. Either way this team needs to find a way to keep the point streak going. The Sharks are a fragile team right now, I expect a win.

Diamondillium 03-19-2013 01:28 AM

How do these lines look?

Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff

Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff

Horcoff

After typing it that many times the name started to look rrreeeaaallllyyy weird.

Toydarian 03-19-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondillium (Post 61940737)
How do these lines look?

Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff

Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff

Horcoff

After typing it that many times the name started to look rrreeeaaallllyyy weird.

Uhh... cntr + c , cntr + v.

(You can copy/paste on a phone too).

N5991989 03-19-2013 01:30 AM

I am most interested in seeing Brent Burns play RW.

Oiltankjob Fail 03-19-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilCountry84 (Post 61939775)
That looks like a suspension to me. Either way this team needs to find a way to keep the point streak going. The Sharks are a fragile team right now, I expect a win.

Shanahan looks at schedule sees Sharks are playing us and give a fine;)

Daryl Katz Fan Club* 03-19-2013 01:35 AM

I feel bad for Sharks fans. Back in 2006 they were all excited, thinking they were going to win a bunch of championships, and now both LA and Anaheim have won before them.

They're the Vancouver Canucks of California

Vikingstad 03-19-2013 02:28 AM

Horcoff, the new Hodor.

OiledUp 03-19-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondillium (Post 61940737)
How do these lines look?

Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff

Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff
Horcoff-Horcoff

Horcoff

Reading it out loud it sounds like something a bunch of dwarfs or midgets or whatever might be walking around singing in a fantasy movie.

Imagine a bunch of Omarks strotting about singing Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff-Horcoff...
Replacement would lose his marbles.

Kulleroinen* 03-19-2013 03:50 AM

Horcules to the rescue!

T-Funk 03-19-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Katz Fan Club (Post 61940873)
I feel bad for Sharks fans. Back in 2006 they were all excited, thinking they were going to win a bunch of championships, and now both LA and Anaheim have won before them.

They're the Vancouver Canucks of California

Arrogant fans and players before actually winning anything = never winning anything.

Six in O6 03-19-2013 07:03 AM

Last night had almost every game go in our favor. No three point games either! We can catch the Yotes and the Sharks with a win tomorrow night. This is gonna be exciting. Let's hope the Oilers bring it. 6 points out of 1st in NW, 4 back of Van and 2 back of the playoffs...

Nail and Nuge 03-19-2013 07:29 AM

The problem with this season is the condensed schedule and exclusive Western conference games. Every day we likely lose ground when we are not playing. This means that virtually every game is a must win between now and then.

I will be happy if we are near the race at the end of the year. Off season they off load the Whitney's and the Belanger's and try and find the LW with size for RNH & Ebs.

Or perhaps Southpark explains Tambo's plan better than anyone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

Frustratedoilfan 03-19-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Six in O6 (Post 61944397)
Last night had almost every game go in our favor. No three point games either! We can catch the Yotes and the Sharks with a win tomorrow night. This is gonna be exciting. Let's hope the Oilers bring it. 6 points out of 1st in NW, 4 back of Van and 2 back of the playoffs...

Sadly, I find it a little bit exciting that we can have conversations like this at this time of the year. When was the last time Oiler fans could say anything close to 2 back of the playoffs?

Meaningful hockey games - its an unusual feeling to seriously consider such things... and in the proper context. I used the term meaningful hockey in seasons before this, but usually it meant ruining the playoff chances of a rival.

Oh, how far the mighty Oilers have fallen. Hopefully the San Jose game is another step in the right direction.

Jimmi McJenkins 03-19-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 (Post 61936787)

Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky (heavy minutes vs Thornton line)
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov (scoring minutes vs Pavelski line)
MPS-RNH-Eberle (2ndary scoring minutes vs Handzus line)

Ugh, why? The Lines are working, well, and we change them to accomplish what?

Leave them the same save for if Belanger is ready, then take Smyth out.

This is a big spot for the Oil, they're playing well and need to attack the Sharks, they seem fragile right now. They catch the Sharks if they can win, it's a big night for the Oilers.

CornKicker 03-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Funk (Post 61943137)
Arrogant fans and players before actually winning anything = never winning anything.

lol yep the Toronto/Vancouver MO, sharks fans should have just kept their mouths shut