HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT: Renewing the Rivalry (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379651)

Cappy76 03-19-2013 01:21 AM

Renewing the Rivalry
 
1 Attachment(s)
So tonight is Pittsburgh means Ovie shows up for a few periods and then gets pissed off when the rest of the team is still **** right?

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 06:05 AM

Oh yeah, Ovi will be Ovi tonight. Cueing the DVR.

Still brings a tear to my eye

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 06:25 AM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...y_10.gif?w=297http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=350&h=214

SimplySensational 03-19-2013 06:33 AM

Man GMGM gets a lot of beef around here, but....

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovi
Fehr-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Perreault-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Alzner-Green
Orlov?-Carlson

Looks good... I would love for them to have some big coming out party tonight...

Obviously Green and Laich aren't for sure things tonight.

Acallabeth 03-19-2013 06:36 AM

Tough game ahead.
Hope Orlov saves us :D

SimplySensational 03-19-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acallabeth (Post 61943533)
Tough game ahead.
Hope Orlov saves us :D

Hopefully he hip checks Crosby.

EYEuhFRAYtee 03-19-2013 08:28 AM

This is going to be ugly.


7-3 Pens

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 61943947)
Hopefully he hip checks Crosby.

I am thinking Oleksy may be the one.

Lawrencejame 03-19-2013 08:55 AM

I think caps might squeak out a win tonight, 4-3 ot!

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 09:41 AM

Hell yeah of course we can win. We won the super bowl outdoor classic after all. Fehr seemed to cool off but he and Ovi like it in the armpitt. We just need our G to not give up the ****ing softie that always seems to break our balsawood backs.

I never thought I would see the day that I am actually hoping for a dose of Brooks. The gaping hole at LW, and Ribs consistent suck factor in the dot, screams of Brooks being the obvious fix. Fix-a-Flat team.

I dont care if the groin is only 99%, he can heal in the off season. Every game is a playoff game now, right?

BobRouse 03-19-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 61943509)
Man GMGM gets a lot of beef around here, but....

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovi
Fehr-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Perreault-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Alzner-Green
Orlov?-Carlson

Looks good... I would love for them to have some big coming out party tonight...

Obviously Green and Laich aren't for sure things tonight.

You forgot Chimera.

Whats the latest on Laich and Green? Figure Erskine is out for a while.

They are sans Malkin and Letang is up in the air.

CapitalsCupFantasy 03-19-2013 09:58 AM

Beatdown incoming!

fsnoles98 03-19-2013 10:07 AM

Just an FYI, Orlov has not been on his top game in Hershey. I have been up to the last 4 home games and have not been impressed. Some of the penalties he has taken have been from not being in shape. His passes have been decent, but you can tell he is still off a bit.

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 10:08 AM

Does Oates line match defensively.... ever? I hope it doesn't take him 3 years to realize that he should try and pin a defensive center or line on teams that largely have one high skill player.

It still kills me that Bruce never tried to stop Sid with Gordon especially in our series.

If Tanger is out, presumed another backup G scheduled since we suck, they seem ripe.

tycoonheart 03-19-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHolt (Post 61943331)
Oh yeah, Ovi will be Ovi tonight. Cueing the DVR.

Still brings a tear to my eye

If Ovi Malkins Crosby (and Malkin) I don't care if its a blowout loss for us. I'd be satisfied.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 03-19-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHolt (Post 61947475)
Does Oates line match defensively.... ever?

I don't think the roster has even allowed him to put together a shiutdown line if he wanted to. So it's really tough for us to tell.

BobRouse 03-19-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHolt (Post 61947475)
Does Oates line match defensively.... ever? I hope it doesn't take him 3 years to realize that he should try and pin a defensive center or line on teams that largely have one high skill player.

It still kills me that Bruce never tried to stop Sid with Gordon especially in our series.

If Tanger is out, presumed another backup G scheduled since we suck, they seem ripe.

No our problem that series was our D and how putrid it was. Didn't matter what forwards you put in against those guys.

Halpysback* 03-19-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 61943509)
Man GMGM gets a lot of beef around here, but....

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovi
Fehr-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Perreault-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Alzner-Green
Orlov?-Carlson

Looks good

Mostly because you're used to seeing Chimera or Hendricks on the top line.

Lawrencejame 03-19-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 61948097)
Mostly because you're used to seeing Chimera or Hendricks on the top line.

I'd rather have chimera in place of crabb on the last line.

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRouse (Post 61947939)
No our problem that series was our D and how putrid it was. Didn't matter what forwards you put in against those guys.

There is some truth there, specifically playing Mike "The One Armed Bandit" Green at 25+ TOI and full PP and not using the other 2 RD more.

I know, Green with one arm and targeted as such was better than Pots and Juice. But maybe not in that series. Green was useless and the other 2 actually scored.

I think it would have helped our beleaugered defense to have someone white shadow Sid, for one ****ing period when we had a lead, aka stop trying to score.

RandyHolt 03-19-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 61947783)
I don't think the roster has even allowed him to put together a shiutdown line if he wanted to. So it's really tough for us to tell.

I realized after I posted that, we are probably talking MP :laugh:

Beagle seems to have come back to earth, but seems like he would relish the role for a game.

BiPolar Caps 03-19-2013 10:40 AM

Don't have a good feeling.

OPTIMISM - If I pretend the boat's not sinking it won't.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 03-19-2013 10:58 AM

The march to 10th begins tonight!

Ovechkins Wodka 03-19-2013 11:07 AM

Would love to beat these guys tonight. But ill settle for ovie running geno and maf

BiPolar Caps 03-19-2013 11:11 AM

If there's a way we eek out a victory tonight, please let Ovie have an ENG. Penguin fans always appreciate Ovie's ENG.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.