HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Blues @ Nucks: Nucks stealing our men of the river edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379755)

ManyIdeas 03-19-2013 08:16 AM

Blues @ Nucks: Nucks stealing our men of the river edition
 
9pm!

Alklha 03-19-2013 08:25 AM

I hate West coast games!

McDonald is back though... we might actually have a semi-competent PP!

Falco Lombardi 03-19-2013 08:34 AM

Someone check the plane.

HANDZ 57 03-19-2013 09:13 AM

With the exclamation point in there this GDT is technically equal (in digits) to the half-ass-edness of the last one. I'm not feeling good about this at all. I'm freaking out now. Take it out before the hockey gods see it!

ManyIdeas 03-19-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 (Post 61947667)
With the exclamation point in there this GDT is technically equal (in digits) to the half-ass-edness of the last one. I'm not feeling good about this at all. I'm freaking out now. Take it out before the hockey gods see it!

It was either 4 actual letters or 3 letters and punctuation.

Twisted Blue 03-19-2013 09:32 AM

per JR lines from practice yesterday

Alexander Steen-David Backes-Chris Stewart
Andy McDonald-Patrik Berglund-David Perron
Jaden Schwartz-Vladimir Sobotka-Vladimir Tarasenko
Chris Porter-Scott Nichol-Ryan Reaves
Extra: Matt D'Agostini

Defensemen

Barret Jackman-Alex Pietrangelo
Wade Redden-Kevin Shattenkirk
Kris Russell-Roman Polak

Goalie
Jake Allen (says confirmed to start)

Juusho 03-19-2013 09:59 AM

I'm tired as fudge right now so I might need to sleep well tonight and skip the game, but we'll see.

illninofan* 03-19-2013 10:00 AM

Love that lineup. :yo:

EastonBlues22 03-19-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 (Post 61947667)
With the exclamation point in there this GDT is technically equal (in digits) to the half-ass-edness of the last one. I'm not feeling good about this at all. I'm freaking out now. Take it out before the hockey gods see it!

Minimum 4 character limit for posts.

EastonBlues22 03-19-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Blue (Post 61948361)
per JR lines from practice yesterday

Alexander Steen-David Backes-Chris Stewart
Andy McDonald-Patrik Berglund-David Perron
Jaden Schwartz-Vladimir Sobotka-Vladimir Tarasenko
Chris Porter-Scott Nichol-Ryan Reaves
Extra: Matt D'Agostini

Defensemen

Barret Jackman-Alex Pietrangelo
Wade Redden-Kevin Shattenkirk
Kris Russell-Roman Polak

Goalie
Jake Allen (says confirmed to start)

Generally like it, but I personally think McDonald is better at playing RW than Perron is. Perhaps Hitchcock is trying to "encourage" Perron to play a bit more North-South by taking his stick out of the middle of the ice?

Probably reading too much into it.

stlblues9 03-19-2013 10:19 AM

Finally. I've been waiting for this game all year. The first televised game of the season. I'm so excited I'm going to bet all my vcash tonight.

ManyIdeas 03-19-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 61950075)
Generally like it, but I personally think McDonald is better at playing RW than Perron is. Perhaps Hitchcock is trying to "encourage" Perron to play a bit more North-South by taking his stick out of the middle of the ice?

Probably reading too much into it.

Ha, maybe not.

Bluesnatic27 03-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Blue (Post 61948361)
per JR lines from practice yesterday

Alexander Steen-David Backes-Chris Stewart
Andy McDonald-Patrik Berglund-David Perron
Jaden Schwartz-Vladimir Sobotka-Vladimir Tarasenko
Chris Porter-Scott Nichol-Ryan Reaves
Extra: Matt D'Agostini

Defensemen

Barret Jackman-Alex Pietrangelo
Wade Redden-Kevin Shattenkirk
Kris Russell-Roman Polak

Goalie
Jake Allen (says confirmed to start)

I'm actually looking forward to how this line does. Putting two rookies on the same line with no big center in between often sounds like a bad idea, but with Tarasenko's physicality and both Sobotka's and Schwartz's crafty play, this line could be quite interesting. The only fear I have is how Tarasenko is going to play considering his last injury.

ManyIdeas 03-19-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 (Post 61951513)
I'm actually looking forward to how this line does. Putting two rookies on the same line with no big center in between often sounds like a bad idea, but with Tarasenko's physicality and both Sobotka's and Schwartz's crafty play, this line could be quite interesting. The only fear I have is how Tarasenko is going to play considering his last injury.

He dished out a decent hit and took a solid shoulder to shoulder bump after a shot. I'd imagine he will be fine.

2 Minute Minor 03-19-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 (Post 61951513)
I'm actually looking forward to how this line does. Putting two rookies on the same line with no big center in between often sounds like a bad idea, but with Tarasenko's physicality and both Sobotka's and Schwartz's crafty play, this line could be quite interesting. The only fear I have is how Tarasenko is going to play considering his last injury.

I bet if you ask Hitchcock he'll say there are no rookies any more. But hyperbole aside, I think this just shows that he has complete trust in these guys to play defensively responsible hockey (and that they won't be out against the Sedins).

HANDZ 57 03-19-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 61949925)
Minimum 4 character limit for posts.

Thanks for clarifying. Backing off the ledge.

Vancouver played last night and the blues are coming off a couple days rest. I like our chances tonight. Hopefully we keep rolling with Petro back in the line-up.

MattyMo35 03-19-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 (Post 61951513)
I'm actually looking forward to how this line does. Putting two rookies on the same line with no big center in between often sounds like a bad idea, but with Tarasenko's physicality and both Sobotka's and Schwartz's crafty play, this line could be quite interesting. The only fear I have is how Tarasenko is going to play considering his last injury.

I think that line was together last game too if I'm not mistaken. They didn't look bad, or at least not any worse than our other lines :laugh: We really missed Petro against the Ducks. Glad he's back.

BlueBeard 03-19-2013 12:26 PM

I'm happy McDonald is back and being put with Berglund. I've been a huge fan of that duo for a couple years now. I also expect to see our PP make a bit of a resurgence now that McDonald and Frank are back.

mizzoublues29 03-19-2013 12:52 PM

Yay for Blues hockey

Edit: after tonight, no game until Saturday :scared:

bleedblue1223 03-19-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 61950075)
Generally like it, but I personally think McDonald is better at playing RW than Perron is. Perhaps Hitchcock is trying to "encourage" Perron to play a bit more North-South by taking his stick out of the middle of the ice?

Probably reading too much into it.

Legitimate thought. With the way we cycle and move offensively, which wing you are assigned isn't as vital as it was in the past. More for defense, transition, and initial setup.

Zombotron 03-19-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alklha (Post 61946183)
McDonald is back though... we might actually have a semi-competent PP!

http://i.imgur.com/63eHbSU.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/vYkvsjJ.gif
http://i.imgur.com/s0PQBWu.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/OSNYqGl.gif

Pretty sure you're fine in that regard. My team, on the other hand... :p:

bleedblue1223 03-19-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombotron (Post 61958157)
Pretty sure you're fine in that regard. My team, on the other hand... :p:

Ours has been beyond awful lately.

STLBLUES44 03-19-2013 02:33 PM

kinda wish stewart and mcdonald would swap spots(then perron on left and stew on right obviously) From last game it seemed like stewart and backes were never on the same page in the defensive zone last game and if it weren't for allen they could've been minuses for the game. Just a thought, anyone else notice it? It seemed like everytime we were pinned in our own zone it was because of backes or stewart not getting it out or losing a battle in our own zone.

BlueDream 03-19-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 (Post 61950075)
Generally like it, but I personally think McDonald is better at playing RW than Perron is. Perhaps Hitchcock is trying to "encourage" Perron to play a bit more North-South by taking his stick out of the middle of the ice?

Probably reading too much into it.

I disagree. Perron is right handed so can play the right side naturally.

We had the McDonald-Backes-Perron line early on in his career. He's pretty good on both sides.

bleedblue1223 03-19-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 (Post 61962429)
kinda wish stewart and mcdonald would swap spots(then perron on left and stew on right obviously) From last game it seemed like stewart and backes were never on the same page in the defensive zone last game and if it weren't for allen they could've been minuses for the game. Just a thought, anyone else notice it? It seemed like everytime we were pinned in our own zone it was because of backes or stewart not getting it out or losing a battle in our own zone.

Their line was pretty much the only one getting anything going offensively.

When everyone is healthy, I think the kid line will be back together with McDonald Tarasenko playing with Sobotka.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.