HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Scott Hartnell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379933)

Ryker 03-19-2013 01:23 PM

Scott Hartnell
 
One of my favourite players on the team. But I just can't give him a pass anymore. Much like Briere has killed his line, so is Hartnell killing Giroux and Voracek. But like I said before, what bothers me most are his stupid penalties. Three games in a row he took crap penalties, luckily not resulting in a goal, but certainly not helping us score one, either.

I don't know, I mean it's not like I thought every season would be like the last season and I kind of figured he'd never repeat it again. But how do you sign a contract like he has and then on top of not producing play like a dumbass?

Beef Invictus 03-19-2013 01:26 PM

I was fine with him his first few games back, but the patience is running out. Same with Mez.

So far we have Briere, Giroux, Hartnell, Mez, Coburn, and Bryzgalov having either down or downright crappy seasons for one reason or another. That's dumb.

Ryker 03-19-2013 01:28 PM

I would take Giroux off that list and add Coutourier, "sophomore slump" (or some other imaginary phenomenon) or not.

Beef Invictus 03-19-2013 01:29 PM

I'd leave Giroux, since he's been underwhelming at even strength, but also add Couturier. He hasn't been bad on defense, but the offense remains stagnant for a variety of reasons.

orange is better 03-19-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 61956301)
I'd leave Giroux, since he's been underwhelming at even strength, but also add Couturier. He hasn't been bad on defense, but the offense remains stagnant for a variety of reasons.

I honestly think he can be helped in this area if we were to acquire a top line winger talent with size who can draw attention from G. Voracek is evolving into that type of player but he's just not totally capable of that at this point in his career.

I really think a line of
Ryan - Giroux - Voracek
Would work wonders.

BillDineen 03-19-2013 02:43 PM

Coburn is leading the league with 18 minors in 30 games, but Hartnell is hot on his tail with 15 in 14 games.:facepalm:

JustJim 03-19-2013 03:20 PM

Sucks!

Tripod 03-19-2013 03:24 PM

I think his foot is still affecting his play. And that step slower has resulted in the "old Hartnell" showing up. As weird as it sounds, I was hoping the would have REALLY shook up the lines and had:

Couts G Jake
Gagne Schenn Simmonds
Hartnell Briere Read

I know it was a long shot...but maybe Briere and Hartnell old magic would have re-appeared.

RJ8812 03-19-2013 03:51 PM

Hartnell seems to have a ****** season every 2nd season

flyersfan187 03-19-2013 05:29 PM

I don't know what happened to him, but he has been out there looking to start stuff every game instead of playing hockey. I thought he had that part of his game under control now so I wonder what is going on in that locker room right now.

Larry44 03-19-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan187 (Post 61968557)
I don't know what happened to him, but he has been out there looking to start stuff every game instead of playing hockey. I thought he had that part of his game under control now so I wonder what is going on in that locker room right now.

Hard to say, but benching him for taking stupid penalties is about 3 years too late to save Lavy's job.

GKJ 03-19-2013 06:28 PM

Regression to mean

Bernie Parent 1974 03-19-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryker (Post 61955983)
But like I said before, what bothers me most are his stupid penalties.

last night was AWFUL !!!!! ARGH !!!

funghoul 03-19-2013 06:38 PM

the only players having decent seasons are voracek, timonen and bryzgalov. the rest are depressing.

LegionOfDoom91 03-19-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 61972151)
the only players having decent seasons are voracek, timonen and bryzgalov. the rest are depressing.

I think Jake's the only one on this team having a nice a season. Bryzgalov and Timonen have been pretty mediocre this season along with the rest of the team.

Bernie Parent 1974 03-19-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 61972151)
the only players having decent seasons are voracek, timonen and bryzgalov. the rest are depressing.

i might add Simmonds & would consider taking Kimmo off that list,

for what he does, Zac is doing well too.

funghoul 03-19-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 61972667)
I think Jake's the only one on this team having a nice a season. Bryzgalov and Timonen have been pretty mediocre this season along with the rest of the team.

i just mean those three, to me, are the ones that have shown the most effort and will to win night in and out. the rest have been all over the place. and I'm not talking about the stupid numbers that everyone clutches too for dear life. im talking about watching hockey with my own cataract infested eyes. your right maybe kimmo's getting sympathy points for being old and playin in every game. but he is old and still fill in the best defenseman role so. jake the best o man. kimmo the best d. and bryz is way better then leighton or boosh. what? I'm serious.

Go For It 03-19-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 61972151)
the only players having decent seasons are voracek, timonen and bryzgalov. the rest are depressing.

I'd take off Bryz and add Simmonds and Grossmann.

dingbathero 03-19-2013 07:22 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing hartnell and briere on the same
Line to mix it up. Try anything T this point

Philadelphia Ducks 03-19-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 61961933)
I think his foot is still affecting his play. And that step slower has resulted in the "old Hartnell" showing up. As weird as it sounds, I was hoping the would have REALLY shook up the lines and had:

Couts G Jake
Gagne Schenn Simmonds
Hartnell Briere Read

I know it was a long shot...but maybe Briere and Hartnell old magic would have re-appeared.

My heart weeps for Read.

Philadelphia Ducks 03-19-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 61972151)
the only players having decent seasons are voracek, timonen and bryzgalov. the rest are depressing.

Bryz??? I don't know about that...the first 10 or so games I'd agree with you but since then from either being overplayed, reverting back to old self, or other reasons he's been pretty crap since then. Sure he's had an odd game here or there that has been good though but outside that I see goals almost every game that should be stopped for a goalie with his skillset and that contract.

mailman89 03-19-2013 08:08 PM

Agree with Simmons and McGinn I would look to trade him

RJ8812 03-19-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman89 (Post 61980151)
Agree with Simmons and McGinn I would look to trade him

look to trade McGinn? What would you do that?

Absolutely no reason to trade him (unless it's for an upgrade)

LegionOfDoom91 03-19-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 61990275)
look to trade McGinn? What would you do that?

Absolutely no reason to trade him (unless it's for an upgrade)

Is he saying trade McGinn or trade Hartnell and roll with Simmonds and McGinn in the top 6?

Either way I don't think we should trade Hartnell because our offense already sucks as it is. McGinn I'm not even sure if you could anything for him to where it would be worth it.

Primary Assist* 03-19-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 61972151)
the only players having decent seasons are voracek, timonen and bryzgalov

:facepalm::shakehead:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.