HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Youtube: Kevin Westgarth vs Eric Selleck . Mar 19, 2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1380293)

MrH4bs 03-19-2013 08:36 PM

Kevin Westgarth vs Eric Selleck . Mar 19, 2013

Ryp37 03-19-2013 08:46 PM

damn selleck got pumped

Ziggy Stardust 03-19-2013 08:59 PM

To quick shots to the chin and a TKO win for Westgarth. Maybe a KO? Selleck looked wobbly.

Gene Parmesan 03-19-2013 09:07 PM

Welcome to the NHL.

OttawaSenators11 03-19-2013 09:17 PM

Yeah, welcome to the NHL, haha

King RAZZ 03-19-2013 09:25 PM

That was a magnum punch...

Banana Sandwiches 03-19-2013 10:56 PM

What's probably worse for Selleck is that he got an instigator in the last 5 minutes of game meaning he'll be suspended next game and Kevin Dineen will be $10K poorer.

tarheelhockey 03-20-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches (Post 62010009)
What's probably worse for Selleck is that he got an instigator in the last 5 minutes of game meaning he'll be suspended next game and Kevin Dineen will be $10K poorer.

Welcome to the AHL :sarcasm:

bud12 03-20-2013 03:45 PM

Selleck isn't really good at fighting. He's like a heavyweight Kostopoulos.....

sandysan 03-20-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches (Post 62010009)

one for the fight in the last five and another for leaving the bench with the sole intent to start a fight.

tarheelhockey 03-20-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandysan (Post 62047569)
one for the fight in the last five and another for leaving the bench with the sole intent to start a fight.

Even as a Canes fan I think that's a load of crap. Westgarth was out there stirring the pot and looking for a partner. This kid came out and met him. That was all that happened. A suspension and fine in that situation is absolutely ridiculous and should have been overruled based on Westgarth's behavior.

The Expert 03-21-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud12 (Post 62046671)
Selleck isn't really good at fighting. He's like a heavyweight Kostopoulos.....

Used to watch him when he played for the Pembroke Lumberkings for two seasons years back. If you had told me he'd make a career as a heavyweight fighter, I'd have laughed.

Made it for at least one game, gonna suck sitting for two now.

sandysan 03-21-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 62082777)
Even as a Canes fan I think that's a load of crap. Westgarth was out there stirring the pot and looking for a partner. This kid came out and met him. That was all that happened. A suspension and fine in that situation is absolutely ridiculous and should have been overruled based on Westgarth's behavior.

The rules are pretty clear, if he would have skated around a bit first he would have only got one. I understand the reason for both rules.

Dosh Jonaldson 03-21-2013 12:46 PM

What a beauty, brutal knock out gotta watch for those uppys

tarheelhockey 03-21-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandysan (Post 62089635)
The rules are pretty clear, if he would have skated around a bit first he would have only got one. I understand the reason for both rules.

The rules are clear, but that doesn't stop Shanahan from applying some common sense here and rescinding at least part of the suspension. He didn't instigate anything, for sure. Westgarth was the one doing the instigating.

sandysan 03-21-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 62105525)
The rules are clear, but that doesn't stop Shanahan from applying some common sense here and rescinding at least part of the suspension. He didn't instigate anything, for sure. Westgarth was the one doing the instigating.

The "fight in the five minutes" is pretty much cut and dry, I cant see how coming off the bench directly to fight can be argued. he wasnt coming to the aid of a teamate, and even if he were, i'm still pretty sure there is no justification requirement for this penalty.

tarheelhockey 03-22-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandysan (Post 62106295)
The "fight in the five minutes" is pretty much cut and dry,

It's not about fighting in the last 5 minutes. If it were, Westgarth would be suspended too.

It's an instigator penalty in the final five minutes that carries extra discipline. In this case, Selleck wasn't instigating. Westgarth was roaming around looking for a partner and Selleck accepted a little too quickly after coming off the bench.

Situations like this just highlight how badly the league controls fighting by adding extra rules. Selleck wouldn't have received ANY extra discipline if he had skated in a big circle for 10 seconds and then waved at Westgarth to have a big staged event at center ice. But because he just skated straight to him got down to business, he gets 2 games and a fine. It's ridiculous.

Moosetache 03-22-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 62157661)
It's not about fighting in the last 5 minutes. If it were, Westgarth would be suspended too.

It's an instigator penalty in the final five minutes that carries extra discipline. In this case, Selleck wasn't instigating. Westgarth was roaming around looking for a partner and Selleck accepted a little too quickly after coming off the bench.

Situations like this just highlight how badly the league controls fighting by adding extra rules. Selleck wouldn't have received ANY extra discipline if he had skated in a big circle for 10 seconds and then waved at Westgarth to have a big staged event at center ice. But because he just skated straight to him got down to business, he gets 2 games and a fine. It's ridiculous.

While I agree that the rule is stupid, all Selleck had to do was yell at Westgarth so he could see him coming. You cant jump on a guy who still has his gloves on and you have already dropped yours. No matter how much the other guy was looking for a partner.