HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Heading to Buffalo for tomorrow's game. Anyone else? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1380985)

Syn3rgetic 03-20-2013 03:15 PM

Heading to Buffalo for tomorrow's game. Anyone else?
 
First time going to HSBC Centre. Any tips for a first timer? Anyone else going?

MakeTheIronSing 03-20-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn3rgetic (Post 62045075)
First time going to HSBC Centre. Any tips for a first timer? Anyone else going?

Go to Anchor for wings before. Best. Wings. Ever.

jimmycarter 03-20-2013 03:38 PM

wegmans sandwiches > anchor wings.

and sadly no i am not. i am long overdue for an american beer run though.

ACC1224 03-20-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing (Post 62045497)
Go to Anchor for wings before. Best. Wings. Ever.

Now open in Hamilton.

bshaw 03-20-2013 03:43 PM

First Niagra Center

Rinzler 03-20-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn3rgetic (Post 62045075)
First time going to HSBC Centre. Any tips for a first timer? Anyone else going?

Grab some refreshments before you get in the car after the game cause you're in for a really ****** traffic jam.

ACC1224 03-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn3rgetic (Post 62045075)
First time going to HSBC Centre. Any tips for a first timer? Anyone else going?

Hit the can before getting on the bridge home.

Leaftors 03-20-2013 03:54 PM

im going, washington squares a decent spot too,

first rounder 03-20-2013 04:17 PM

I don't have the pleasure of visiting the fine city of Buffalo, NY this time around. Me and my buddy went last season (leafs lost unfortunately) and we were shocked as we crossed the border - the change in scenery from the Canadian to the US side was like night and day. The sky was darker, the buildings were older and crumbling apart, and the city had a greasy vibe about it. After experiencing this firsthand I completely understand why Lupul has such a fond love for the city, maybe he will mention it on twitter after the game or tomorrow :D

Anyways, for those going to the game have fun! and maybe consider crossing the border at Niagara Falls on the way back (the Buffalo border took close to 2 hours to cross after the game).

BernierNo1Fan 03-20-2013 04:18 PM

I stopped making the trip because Buffalo is the worst city I have ever visited.

Sterling31 03-20-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing (Post 62045497)
Go to Anchor for wings before. Best. Wings. Ever.

Heading down, and will be hitting up the Anchor.
:handclap:

I go down for as many games in Buffalo i can, when they are playing the Leafs.
Such a great time.

If you are staying a few nights. I suggest staying in Williamsville, very nice area, close to Buffalo. We always go out to the Qauker stake and lube also - and Hit and run is a good band playing on the weekend in Williamsville.... (if you like the Classic rock type of music)


Behind the Sabres net for 2 periods, 4 rows up. 90 bucks, cant beat it

blueNwhite89 03-20-2013 05:06 PM

Yessir, up in section 324

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing (Post 62045497)
Go to Anchor for wings before. Best. Wings. Ever.

I've gotten sick of Anchor Bar as of late. Gonna try Famous Dave's tomorrow.

jimmycarter 03-20-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eclipse (Post 62048511)
I stopped making the trip because Buffalo is the worst city I have ever visited.

yes sir.

Syn3rgetic 03-20-2013 07:15 PM

What's the quickest path to go home?

RhyZa 03-20-2013 07:18 PM

woops

Skrillex13 03-20-2013 07:41 PM

Hit up 'pearl street' before the game for pregame drinks. I live in buffalo and although the city isnt perfect, you will definately have a better time at First Niagara than at the ACC.

You can find me after the game talking trash to all the sabres fans if we win :devdance:

MoeMoney 03-20-2013 07:47 PM

Lifes too short to wait two hours at the border after the game, that's gotta kill any buzz/excitement you had during the game. It's Thursday night, definately a party going on somewhere, especially near the Colleges there, just go have some fun and tell the girls you're rich and from out of town.

notbadyou81 03-20-2013 09:50 PM

my only recommendation is to cele hard when the leafs score
high fives all around

:handclap:

Krispies123 03-20-2013 09:56 PM

Heading down too. I'm 5-0-0 at leaf games over the last 3 years as well :handclap:

Daisy Jane 03-20-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krispies123 (Post 62072559)
Heading down too. I'm 5-0-0 at leaf games over the last 3 years as well :handclap:

have a wonderful time :)

Krispies123 03-20-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Joy (Post 62075157)
have a wonderful time :)

Thanks Daisy. Never been to a road game before but I'm assuming the atmosphere will be great in Buffalo. I'll be rocking my jersey loud and proud :)

BayStBullies 03-20-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by first rounder (Post 62048505)
I don't have the pleasure of visiting the fine city of Buffalo, NY this time around. Me and my buddy went last season (leafs lost unfortunately) and we were shocked as we crossed the border - the change in scenery from the Canadian to the US side was like night and day. The sky was darker, the buildings were older and crumbling apart, and the city had a greasy vibe about it. After experiencing this firsthand I completely understand why Lupul has such a fond love for the city, maybe he will mention it on twitter after the game or tomorrow :D

Anyways, for those going to the game have fun! and maybe consider crossing the border at Niagara Falls on the way back (the Buffalo border took close to 2 hours to cross after the game).

That's not the US; that is strictly Buffalo.

I've taken many trips deep into the US; Buffalo is a sore spot on the path. :laugh:

achtungbaby 03-20-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayStBullies (Post 62077771)
That's not the US; that is strictly Buffalo.

I've taken many trips deep into the US; Buffalo is a sore spot on the path. :laugh:

Yup. If you were going to give the United States an enema, you'd stick the hose right into Buffalo. That city is as ugly as Thunder Bay, worse probably.

CanadasTeam 03-20-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLblue75 (Post 62050711)
Yessir, up in section 324

I've gotten sick of Anchor Bar as of late. Gonna try Famous Dave's tomorrow.

Really? You just need to change it up. Have a go at their meatballs, they're amazing.

paulster2626 03-20-2013 11:13 PM

People trashing Buffalo: Really, it's not a bad city to visit from time to time, especially for a Leafs/Sabres game. It's got a rink, some bars nearby, what the hell else do you really need?

People saying there will be traffic jams: Just park a little ways from the rink. It's cheaper anyway and the walk will give you a little time to let the traffic subside. No big deal, and certainly no different than driving home from the ACC.

People complaining about border wait times: I have never waited longer than 15 minutes coming home from a Sabres game. If you are really concerned, just drive up the toll hwy to Lewiston or Niagara Falls. But really, I've never seen it that bad.

You will have fun, it's impossible not to. Not sure why anyone would think you wouldn't - maybe these people are "realists"...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.