HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NFL: Bears will run some read option with Jay Cutler (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381063)

SpinTheBlackCircle 03-20-2013 04:53 PM

Bears will run some read option with Jay Cutler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...option-in-2013

Helton4Hall 03-20-2013 05:52 PM

Why would you expose Cutler to more hits?? Dude takes a beating already.

PanthersPens62 03-20-2013 05:58 PM

Yeah, this sounds like a pretty bad idea.

GKJ 03-20-2013 07:41 PM

Sounds like Jay Cutler isn't long for the Bears

Blackhawkswincup 03-20-2013 07:54 PM

Yep this will likely be Cutler's final year in Chicago

Bears are setting him up to fail and move on.. Cant wait to see organization spend next few decades looking for a QB as good as him

3 different OC's , No OL , No WR (Until Marshall came) , trading away his TE , etc

I figured when Bears acquired him they couldn't possibly screw thing sup and well as we have seen with all the hits he has taken the Bears dont know how to build an OL or an NFL offense

GKJ 03-20-2013 07:57 PM

What I don't get is that it wasn't really the offense Trestman ran in Montreal

Blackhawkswincup 03-20-2013 08:08 PM

When you hire a guy many view as not qualified to be an NFL Head Coach you get stuff like this (I will give him a chance and see what he can do)

Not sure it is worst thing in world that has been done or will be done to Cutler ,, Ron Turner/Mike Martz/Mice Tice desire to turn Jay Cutler from mobile Gunslinger into pure pocket passer probably cost Cutler a few years off his life down the road

Gene Parmesan 03-20-2013 08:11 PM

Yeah this is the worst idea for Chicago.

darko 03-20-2013 10:14 PM

This should be fun.

Avs_19 03-20-2013 10:25 PM

Please do.

brtriad 03-20-2013 11:58 PM

This feels like going back into the Dark Ages as a Bears fan.

Gibsons Finest 03-21-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 62061731)
What I don't get is that it wasn't really the offense Trestman ran in Montreal

My thoughts exactly. But, the article said it's just a part of their playbook. I don't expect it to be a main part, just something in there to keep defenses honest.

Speaking of the read option, expect the Bears to defend it quite well next year. This is one very rare area the CFL is well ahead of the NFL(for now), at least in terms of coaching.

MurrayBannerman 03-21-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 62061373)
Yep this will likely be Cutler's final year in Chicago

Bears are setting him up to fail and move on.. Cant wait to see organization spend next few decades looking for a QB as good as him

3 different OC's , No OL , No WR (Until Marshall came) , trading away his TE , etc

I figured when Bears acquired him they couldn't possibly screw thing sup and well as we have seen with all the hits he has taken the Bears dont know how to build an OL or an NFL offense

Have you seen next year's QB class? If this doesn't work, we'll be fine.

Blackhawkswincup 03-21-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 62093909)
Have you seen next year's QB class? If this doesn't work, we'll be fine.

Yes because the Bears have shown they can draft and develop a QB :shakehead

Bears will continue to ruin Cutler then throw him away only to watch him go to another team and play well

Meanwhile the Bears will throw away a 1st round pick and get Rex Grossman/Jim Harbaugh level of junk or worse (Cade McNown says hello)

This organization finally got a QB and they gave him Devin Hester as #1 WR for several years , Frank Omiyale and J'Marcus Webb at LT and Ron Turner/MIke Martz/Mike Tice.... Imagine what wonderful things they can give to a rookie QB in future

Martini* 03-21-2013 11:39 AM

This is what you get when you hire a CFL flunkie.

This is what Bears fans here wanted, let me remind you.:laugh:

Enjoy your dressed sausage.

keonsbitterness 03-21-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martini (Post 62099059)
This is what you get when you hire a CFL flunkie.

Flunkie comment considering he didn't run read-option in the CFL, and he has spent the majority of his coaching career in the NFL.

Rhaego 03-21-2013 11:58 PM

My face when I hear Jay Cutler is going to run the option:

http://i.imgur.com/VvqOl.jpg

Martini* 03-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonsbitterness (Post 62152117)
Flunkie comment considering he didn't run read-option in the CFL, and he has spent the majority of his coaching career in the NFL.

And should never be considered a HC on an actual NFL; team and should be residing in a second rate league like the CFL for the rest of his existence?

If he was anything, he would have had a shot at HC'ing somewhere before this.

And for all those Bears fans who wanted change, enjoy your dressed sausage.

GKJ 03-22-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martini (Post 62170875)
And should never be considered a HC on an actual NFL; team and should be residing in a second rate league like the CFL for the rest of his existence?

If he was anything, he would have had a shot at HC'ing somewhere before this.

And for all those Bears fans who wanted change, enjoy your dressed sausage.

Why does the fact that spent time in the CFL not make him a qualified NFL head coach? He's been a head coach. Most guys who get hired never have or are considered retreads. He was also considered for the head coaching job at the U, the Colts and Browns.

It's also not like he has been a CFL-lifer. He's worked with many NFL teams and was the offensive coordinator the last time the Raiders went to the Super Bowl/the playoffs/relevance.