HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Andrej Sustr and Lightning agree to terms (2 year ELC) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381095)

echlfreak 03-20-2013 05:53 PM

Andrej Sustr and Lightning agree to terms (2 year ELC)

6'8" college UFA d-man could sign in Tampa!!! Great news and will be a bright future with Hedman and Sustr manning the blue line for many years to come!!! Great pick up by Steve Yzerman!

What are the chances he can sign DeKeyser from Western Michigan as well???

This could be a quick rebuild for the Bolts!

TB could have a shot in the draft for Drouin too!!!

Steve Yzerman 03-20-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 62052797)
6'8" college UFA d-man could sign in Tampa!!! Great news and will be a bright future with Hedman and Sustr manning the blue line for many years to come!!! Great pick up by Steve Yzerman!

What are the chances he can sign DeKeyser from Western Michigan as well???

This could be a quick rebuild for the Bolts!

TB could have a shot in the draft for Drouin too!!!

Did he sign him or not? You first say that he could sign in Tampa but then say great pickup by Yzerman?

You got me so excited that Yzerman had signed him. :rant:

TheDaysOf 04 03-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior4321 (Post 62052903)
Did he sign him or not? You first say that he could sign in Tampa but then say great pickup by Yzerman?

You got me so excited that Yzerman had signed him. :rant:

He hasn't signed anywhere yet.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
Quote:

College UFA 6-foot-8 D Andrej Sustr will cull list of 20 to 25 interested NHL teams tomorrow and Friday, likely to sign by weekend.
Personally I don't think we sign him. If we wanted him, we would have signed him this past summer.

I edited the title to make it a little more clear.

Still All In 03-20-2013 06:04 PM

I like him, but he seems very risky.

bassassin 03-20-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 (Post 62052997)
Personally I don't think we sign him. If we wanted him, we would have signed him this past summer.

To sign last summer he would have had to leave college, he wasn't ready to. Plus it isn't as if the Lightning camp is the only one he's been to. He went to the Penguins camp as well and the Rangers camp the year before.

chasespace 03-20-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 (Post 62052997)

I edited the title to make it a little more clear.

If I recall correctly the only way he would of left college before this current season was only if a team promised him an NHL spot.

X0X0A0 03-21-2013 05:08 PM

We just signed him!

Steve Yzerman 03-21-2013 05:08 PM

We signed him!

zeykshade 03-21-2013 05:09 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
College free agent Andrej Sustr has signed a two year entry level deal with Tampa Bay.

Alklha 03-21-2013 05:10 PM

Congrats guys.

Šustr isn't NHL ready yet, but I expect he'll get a few games anyway. If he can put his game together then he is going to be a great addition.

TampaBolt 03-21-2013 05:13 PM

Hit or miss with him. Hope for the best but with Yzerman's track record with undrafted free agents I am feeling confident on this one. :nod:

Steve Yzerman 03-21-2013 05:14 PM

I can see him playing in our lineup. Does this mean Lee will be traded? :yo:

chasespace 03-21-2013 05:15 PM

And now for DeKeyser...

Stammertime91 03-21-2013 05:17 PM

Dont know much about him, anybody give me a brief description on him? He's that tall, please...does he hit?

ThunderRoad 03-21-2013 05:20 PM

Excellent news. DeKeyser can find playing time on this team too...

AllAbout813 03-21-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior4321 (Post 62114899)
I can see him playing in our lineup. Does this mean Lee will be traded? :yo:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9s3u0oQRL1roya1c.gif

Cool signing Stevie Y, God knows we need all the defensive help we can get.

HoseEmDown 03-21-2013 05:23 PM

Wow, nice. If they offered him NHL minutes right away I think they might spend Gudas back down. Gudas doesn't deserve to go down but the Crunch need some players as we keep calling them up.
Lee might be shopped know but I think Brewer would be more on the market now as he can help a contender.

zeykshade 03-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stammertime91 (Post 62115027)
Dont know much about him, anybody give me a brief description on him? He's that tall, please...does he hit?

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-omaha-for-nhl

Quote:

For as sought-after as Sustr has been, he also comes with a pretty high amount of risk as a prospect. Sustr has very alluring size at 6'8" but still has a lot of work to do to become an NHL-caliber skater, and for a player of his size, he's not all that physical. He does, however, have remarkably soft hands for a player of his size, and is an excellent passer.

zeykshade 03-21-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 62115351)
Wow, nice. If they offered him NHL minutes right away I think they might spend Gudas back down. Gudas doesn't deserve to go down but the Crunch need some players as we keep calling them up.
Lee might be shopped know but I think Brewer would be more on the market now as he can help a contender.

Only thing that makes him and Gudas close is the language they speak. Gudas is light years ahead of him and more of what we need on the team than Sustr at this point.

Sustr may get some NHL minutes, but he isn't ready. He needs the AHL time apparently. Too bad he won't be developed by Cooper.

chasespace 03-21-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 62115351)

Pretty sure Guy gets to pick what players are on his team and if he chooses Lee over Gudas at this point then he deserves to lose his job.

zeykshade 03-21-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasespace (Post 62115555)
Pretty sure Guy gets to pick what players are on his team and if he chooses Lee over Gudas at this point then he deserves to lose his job.

Quoted for truth.

bassassin 03-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stammertime91 (Post 62115027)

From all i've read on him thats his big knock, no mean streak, he's often described as a 'finesse' dman. So the standard stick waving we are used to.

Sear91 03-21-2013 05:33 PM

Was hoping we would sign him :D

zeykshade 03-21-2013 05:33 PM

Seriously though, what's he gonna hit? He weighs just barely more than Dana Tyrell...

HoseEmDown 03-21-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasespace (Post 62115555)

Where did I say he was going to pick Lee over Gudas? If SY offered Sustr immediate playing time in the NHL someone needs to sit. It's not gonna be the top 4 and Aulie can't get sent down without going through waivers. We can either go 7D with Gudas and Sustr or send Gudas down for another playoff run.