HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Lak-phi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381101)

hockeyguy 03-20-2013 06:10 PM

Lak-phi

if an iginla trade falls through like every deadline, i know this a longshot but what about something centered around:

PHI sends Read + or briere
LAK sends Bernier

Obviously other pieces would needed to be added for cap reasons or value equality but the kings front office is comprised of some flyers and the two teams have a good relationship. Doing this will allow the flyers to cut ties with bryz after the year with hopefully a franchise goalie and the kings get a right wing that they appear to be looking for and yes i know danny has a NMC so this is assuming he is comfortable going to LA to play with players he's played with before

Tripod 03-20-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyguy (Post 62053543)
if an iginla trade falls through like every deadline, i know this a longshot but what about something centered around:

LAK sends Bernier

Obviously other pieces would needed to be added for cap reasons or value equality but the kings front office is comprised of some flyers and the two teams have a good relationship. Doing this will allow the flyers to cut ties with bryz after the year with hopefully a franchise goalie and the kings get a right wing that they appear to be looking for and yes i know danny has a NMC so this is assuming he is comfortable going to LA to play with players he's played with before

I think Philly fans would do it for Briere. For Read+ probably not

hockeyguy 03-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 62053883)
I think Philly fans would do it for Briere. For Read+ probably not

it would be a small plus just for cap reasons but the lak fans would probably want something decent along with read since read isn't that big of a name but he's got a great cap hit

etherialone 03-20-2013 06:49 PM

If we are talking after the season then I could see it.

If we are talking deadline deals then the Kings can't. I would love to add Read or even Briere but we would need a very good back up for JB coming back before we could make a deal.

JB is too important this season for us to move him. We don't have anyone on the farm who is ready just yet to step in and play behind Quick who as of today is still getting it together after off season surgery. Having JB to step in and rest Quick is too important right now.

We would take em both if we could though and after this season I would make a Read Briere deal with JB plus heading back to Philly.

Tripod 03-20-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyguy (Post 62053963)
it would be a small plus just for cap reasons but the lak fans would probably want something decent along with read since read isn't that big of a name but he's got a great cap hit

He doesn't have the name but he has the game.

Can play on any line, can pk, can be on the PP, and is responsible defensively.

hockeyguy 03-20-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 62056097)
If we are talking after the season then I could see it.

If we are talking deadline deals then the Kings can't. I would love to add Read or even Briere but we would need a very good back up for JB coming back before we could make a deal.

JB is too important this season for us to move him. We don't have anyone on the farm who is ready just yet to step in and play behind Quick who as of today is still getting it together after off season surgery. Having JB to step in and rest Quick is too important right now.

We would take em both if we could though and after this season I would make a Read Briere deal with JB plus heading back to Philly.

there's some talks of you guys moving bernier and bringing in bishop to backup quick idk how credible they are though

SCARFACE909 03-20-2013 06:54 PM

Not interested in Briere at all. Read would be enticing with something added, but as Tonellis said, off-season makes sense and not this season.

hockeyguy 03-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 62056331)
He doesn't have the name but he has the game.

Can play on any line, can pk, can be on the PP, and is responsible defensively.

i agree completely i'm a big matt read fan and think he fits in great with the kings but idk how kings fans would react to moving a guy they drafted 11th overall for 26 year old who only has a year of nhl experience thats why i said they'd want something more along with him but i agree he is a complete player

Prongo 03-20-2013 06:56 PM

Read isn't a big name, but man the kid can play. I didn't expect what we have received from him since we signed him. You just can never know what you get with these UFA college signings, but he just flat out gives 100% every shift. I am starting to think we shouldn't trade Read at all.

Now if you guys want to work something around Briere for Bernier I would like to do that from the Flyers POV. Even during the off season.

Also lets remember that Matt Read is currently playing with torn rib cartilage and has pain every time he shoots the puck. He is really a give all type player and would look good on any teams 2nd line. Also plays either wing or center, PP quarterback and PK. Versatility is his middle name.

SCARFACE909 03-20-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 62056697)
Read isn't a big name, but man the kid can play. I didn't expect what we have received from him since we signed him. You just can never know what you get with these UFA college signings, but he just flat out gives 100% every shift. I am starting to think we shouldn't trade Read at all.

Now if you guys want to work something around Briere for Bernier I would like to do that from the Flyers POV. Even during the off season.

Also lets remember that Matt Read is currently playing with torn rib cartilage and has pain every time he shoots the puck. He is really a give all type player and would look good on any teams 2nd line. Also plays either wing or center, PP quarterback and PK. Versatility is his middle name.

Then I don't see a deal, Kings should have no interest in Briere at all and I personally wouldn't want him as the piece coming back for a 23/24 year old goaltender who's showing a lot of promise and what he's about this season.

1865 03-20-2013 07:01 PM

Briere ought to be enticing for any club with an internal cap and ambitions of the play-offs.

Prongo 03-20-2013 07:05 PM

Wow, just noticed the Kings have 14 million in cap room and only 3 defenseman under contract. You have 14 forwards right now but 2 are UFA and 3 are RFA's. Bernier needs a contract also. Do you suspect you might run into some cap problems and be forced to move a player?

etherialone 03-20-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 (Post 62057041)
Then I don't see a deal, Kings should have no interest in Briere at all and I personally wouldn't want him as the piece coming back for a 23/24 year old goaltender who's showing a lot of promise and what he's about this season.

I wouldn't be interested in a JB for Briere at all but still think he could be an interesting add if the price was right and it was during the offseason.

To the OP and others.

I don't think you will find a Kings fan who wouldn't love to have Read on our team. We know who he is and what he can bring so I think we all would love to have him. The timing is the only real question. I am not certain on the Bishop rumors either or that he would be the guy we would need to bring in to back up Quick.

etherialone 03-20-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 62057337)
Wow, just noticed the Kings have 14 million in cap room and only 3 defenseman under contract. You have 14 forwards right now but 2 are UFA and 3 are RFA's. Bernier needs a contract also. Do you suspect you might run into some cap problems and be forced to move a player?

I think we will be alright. Our D is young and with the exception of Voynov everyone is pretty much either set or cheap enough to where it won't matter. We should be good up front too. I believe we will move JB after the season so not worried about his contract.

We talk about this stuff all the time and I think we will be fine.

SCARFACE909 03-20-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Wow just noticed the Kings have 14 million in cap room and only 3 defenseman under contract. You have 14 forwards right now but 2 are UFA and 3 are RFA's. Bernier needs a contract also. Do you suspect you might run into some cap problems and be forced to move a player?

No, Lombardi has been really keen on projecting future cap numbers and making sure it can all work together and keep the core together, ones needing contracts as you said are Bernier, who may be moved at the draft or in summer, defensemen needing contracts are, Voynov, Scuderi, Muzzin and Ellerby. Voynov will be signed maybe aroun 3-4M on a shorter bridge contract I think, Muzzin and Ellerby won't get much, Lewis and Clifford also won't huge raises, I don't see a real cap issue at all.

SCARFACE909 03-20-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 62057393)
I wouldn't be interested in a JB for Briere at all but still think he could be an interesting add if the price was right and it was during the offseason.

To the OP and others.

I don't think you will find a Kings fan who wouldn't love to have Read on our team. We know who he is and what he can bring so I think we all would love to have him. The timing is the only real question. I am not certain on the Bishop rumors either or that he would be the guy we would need to bring in to back up Quick.

Eh, I just don't think Briere is a fit at all even with something added, I'd rather get Read but if he's not available, then I don't see anything that'd interest the Kings for Bernier.

Muzzinga 03-20-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

should be alright cap wise since the core is all signed except Voynov, so all the space will just go to depth players and prospects

I wouldn't want Briere and that contract for free, yet alone actually give something up for him.

Would rather a deal around Bernier+ for Simmonds

SCARFACE909 03-20-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 62058489)
should be alright cap wise since the core is all signed except Voynov, so all the space will just go to depth players and prospects

I wouldn't want Briere and that contract for free, yet alone actually give something up for him.

Would rather a deal around Bernier+ for Simmonds

Of course you would :laugh:

But Philly ain't moving Simmer.

tsanuri 03-20-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Even giving Voynov 4 mil and moving Martinez, Ellerby and Muzzin to 1M. And those last three won't all happen if any. And keeping Scuds at 3-3.5M.
On the forwards even giving Clifford, Lewis, and Nolan 1M. And once again all those won't happen.
That's 9M of the 14. So 5M to get a backup and sign Penner if the team chooses. And those numbers are if all those raises go into place. And I don't see it.

SolidSnakeUS 03-20-2013 07:31 PM

Briere for Bernier in the off-season would be damn good though for the Flyers.

Captain Mittens* 03-20-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyguy (Post 62053543)

LAK sends Bernier

I am in ! The more Phylers/Kings trades the better

bobafettish* 03-20-2013 07:37 PM

no to both unless the + is a 1st

bobafettish* 03-20-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS (Post 62059461)

it would be damn good cause its a pipe dream.

SolidSnakeUS 03-20-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafettish (Post 62059899)
no to both unless the + is a 1st

Our 1st? Which at this point might be a top 5 1st? **** no. Especially for this draft.

etherialone 03-20-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS (Post 62059461)

And terrible for the Kings.