HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Cruise Control Burns the Hawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381345)

Cullksinikers 03-20-2013 11:39 PM

Cruise Control Burns the Hawks

Hawks went into a shell the last few minutes and got burned. They are a great team, but that was too big of a game to pull that kind of disgusting crap in. This is by far the most frustrating game of the season thus far.

ObeyMashinter 03-20-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 62081547)
Hawks went into a shell the last few minutes and got burned. They are a great team, but that was too big of a game to pull that kind of disgusting crap in. This is by far the most frustrating game of the season thus far.

They did the same thing last time they played Ducks.

ralph0226 03-20-2013 11:41 PM

Hawks were outplayed the last 5 minutes when it really counted.

ObeyMashinter 03-20-2013 11:43 PM

Seems like our defensemen have had to score about half our goals lately with Kane and Toews and third line the other half. Dave Bolland needs to start scoring or get off that 2nd line.:rant:

Cullksinikers 03-20-2013 11:43 PM

Inexcusable to not walk away with any points after being up with under six minutes remaining.

That's the kind of BS a team like the last two years would pull. This is too skilled and smart of a team to ever let that happen. We have handed Anaheim four points this season. I hope they enjoy their long flight back like they enjoyed going through the motions in crunch time.

No, the sky is not falling, but that can't happen. Sorry.

ralph0226 03-20-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeyBollig (Post 62081865)
Seems like our defensemen have had to score about half our goals lately with Kane and Toews and third line the other half. Dave Bolland needs to start scoring or get off that 2nd line.:rant:

Bolland's been a non-factor much of the season.

wsoxfan1214 03-20-2013 11:45 PM

Bollig and Carcillo need to go and we need to get a center that can win faceoffs before the trade deadline.

We just have too much talent in our system to be dressing those two plugs.

Nothingman 03-20-2013 11:45 PM

We didn't field our strongest team. Still.....need to burry open nets and the like or else this **** happens. We let a few chances pass in the second. And I hope to see Carcillo gone like yesterday.

ObeyMashinter 03-20-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph0226 (Post 62081923)

Seems like he is either hurt, out of shape, or just completely unconfident.

HockeySensible 03-20-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 62081903)
Inexcusable to not walk away with no points up with under six minutes remaining.

That's the kind of BS a team like the last two years would pull. This is too skilled and smart of a team to ever let that happen. We have handed Anaheim four points this season. I hope they enjoy their long flight back like they enjoyed going through the motions in crunch time.

No, the sky is not falling, but that can't happen. Sorry.

They had a bad minute in the third and were missing two of their most skilled and intelligent players.

They also weren't going through the motions. They were taking it to Anaheim outside of that bad minute.

But, people can continue to believe the Hawks went into a "shell" if they like.

EmeticDonut 03-20-2013 11:47 PM

Hawks won the faceoffs, how is it possible they lost?!!

ralph0226 03-20-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swanny (Post 62082039)
We didn't field our strongest team. Still.....need to burry open nets and the like or else this **** happens. We let a few chances pass in the second. And I hope to see Carcillo gone like yesterday.

Should have won. Hawks pretty much quit the last 5 minutes.

Cullksinikers 03-20-2013 11:47 PM

For all the crap Carcillo gets, what's he supposed to do playing a cameo role? One shift and done? Q and Stan need to figure it out.

Nothingman 03-20-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph0226 (Post 62081923)

But Bollands D allows Kane to.... Don't give a **** about that. A corpse on Kane's line would be piling points up now. Orlando/Keith/Seabs need to get their head out of their *****. I am guessing a wife swap went bad for Keith and Seabs. That is why they are playing poorly.

Nothingman 03-20-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeticdonut (Post 62082147)
hawks won the faceoffs, how is it possible they lost?!!

lol!

Cullksinikers 03-20-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62082125)
They had a bad minute in the third and were missing two of their most skilled and intelligent players.

They also weren't going through the motions. They were taking it to Anaheim outside of that bad minute.

But, people can continue to believe the Hawks went into a "shell" if they like.

Toews and Saad weren't going hard after the 50/50 puck in the NZ that led to the two-on-one that burned us and put us in a one-goal hole.

cupojoe 03-20-2013 11:49 PM

A few stupid mistakes in the last few minutes cost them. It's not like the Hawks got blown out or outplayed. Hawks should learn from this,get healthy, and move on. Both these teams seem pretty evenly matched which would make for a great playoff series.

On to the next..

ralph0226 03-20-2013 11:50 PM

Bottom line. Although not a must win for the Hawks, it was probably the biggest game of the season to this point and they blew it. Bring on LA!

zac 03-20-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 62081547)

I think we've had more frustrating games. Not saying I'm not a little frustrated, but the guys who sucked for us all night ultimately cost us the game.

We came out flat and looked awful for the first half of the game, then responded well and really should have had a couple more goals (easy) to put this game out of reach. Then again Anaheim should have been up about 3-0 after the first so I'm not going to complain about that much.

Half our our defensemen were outstanding (Keith, Hammer, and Leddy) and the other half were just flat out awful (Seabs, Oduya, Brookbank). I don't know WTF Seabs' problem is but he looks completely disinterested out there. Oduya was whiffing clears and pokechecks all night (3rd goal) and was way too passive on the puck and pokechecking opportunities (2nd goal, despite the subsequent rebound and failed crease clearing by Hammer I thought thsi was the real issue). Keith, Hammer, and Leddy hats off to you guys for being strong on the puck. Leddy was simply outstanding in every phase of the game, and I hope this is the last damned time I have to watch him be on PP2. Kieth really should be the 5th man out there at this point; he shouldn't even be on PP2. You keep Leddy out there until he can't skate and only then do you take him off. He's an offensive dynamo.

I'm sure the double shifting may have had something to do with it, but Kane was flat out lazy for the first half of the game. I think we were really lucky it didn't lead to goals as there were several shifts that looked like PPs as Kane would just stand there. I didn't really think Bolland or Kruger played that well, nor did Bollig. Toews was awesome and Saad really had a great 2nd half of the game as well. Crawford was pretty solid on initial saves but gave up too many rebounds. Then again that's what happens when you yield guys room and let them pop off 12 foot shots. Oduya I'm talking you.

Oduya and Seabs really need to figure themselves out as they have been almost comlpletely ineffective of late. Should have had at least a point tonight but a couple of untimely misplays did us in.

CPHawksFan 03-20-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 62082199)
For all the crap Carcillo gets, what's he supposed to do playing a cameo role? One shift and done? Q and Stan need to figure it out.

Yeah why does Q even dress him if he doesn't intend on using him?

HockeySensible 03-20-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 62082291)
Toews and Saad weren't going hard after the 50/50 puck in the NZ that led to the two-on-one that burned us and put us in a one-goal hole.

That's a funny way of saying Saad turned the puck over. It happens. Like I said, they had a bad minute and it cost them.. they were not going through the motions.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltftviueZ21qhafj6.gif

Cullksinikers 03-20-2013 11:52 PM

Well, there's all my two cents. Still in first and coming home for a short bit. Carry on.

HockeySensible 03-20-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph0226 (Post 62082365)
Bottom line. Although not a must win for the Hawks, it was probably the biggest game of the season to this point and they blew it. Bring on LA!

I don't even know how they'll recover from this loss. Probs not gonna win a game for the rest of the year. Probs gonna not make the playoffs. Probs gonna move the franchise to Seattle. Probs gonna rename the team the Seattle "BlueHawks". Probs gonna be dumb.

Cullksinikers 03-20-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62082425)
That's a funny way of saying Saad turned the puck over. It happens. Like I said, they had a bad minute and it cost them.. they were not going through the motions.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltftviueZ21qhafj6.gif

They ****ed up a couple simple plays.

HockeySensible 03-20-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 62082563)
They ****ed up a couple simple plays.

So that means they were going through the motions? No. It means they ****ed up a couple times. It happens. Anaheim's a good team.