HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381417)

triplcrown 03-21-2013 01:30 AM

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest
 
This player...
http://insidehockey.com/wp-content/u...lloway_bud.jpg

In this uniform...
http://cdn.nhl.com/ducks/images/uplo...ontUniform.jpg


OK, stop laughing.

What you don't fear may hurt you.
:nod:

There ain't much chance he'll be playing with The Kings.
Will he be Matt Moulson, Version II?

At least Moulson ain't on the Ducks.

Let's just hope BH sucks, or plays in the NHL East, so he doesn't come back and bite us.:naughty:

damacles1156 03-21-2013 01:32 AM

If the Kings win another Cup....Don't care.

You can't keep them all.

triplcrown 03-21-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 62086185)
If the Kings win another Cup....Don't care.

You can't keep them all.



Good answer.
:handclap:

Shellz 03-21-2013 01:45 AM

It took me a second to realize who that was.

It was Holloways fault for walking out. I'm not really sure why you think he might sign with the Ducks. Am I missing something?

Ziggy Stardust 03-21-2013 01:59 AM

There aren't many nights where after I game I think to myself, "Man, the Kings could sure use Bud Holloway."

If he wants a guaranteed contract, he's not getting it from LA. Maybe some cellar dweller that is desperate to add a warm body to their lineup.

CTKingsFan 03-21-2013 02:06 AM

Could care less about him or Moller. If your not willing to pay the dues to be an NHL player. Then I don't want you anywhere near my team! Even the guys who couldn't crack the line-up with the Kings like Purcell, Moulson, Loktionov, Hickey, and Clune all got thier shots with other teams. And guys like King, Matinez, Bernier, Nolan, Voynov, and Muzzin all paid their dues and all have their name on the cup

Albi 03-21-2013 03:35 AM

There are worst nightmares in life...

RonSwanson* 03-21-2013 03:37 AM

I love how the OP thinks Holloway is going to set the league on fire.

kingsholygrail 03-21-2013 03:37 AM

I hang a little Stanley Cup over my bed to keep the hockey nightmares away.

Rorschach 03-21-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 62088009)
I love how the OP thinks Holloway is going to set the league on fire.

I love how the OP infers that Matt Moulson is a good player.

triplcrown 03-21-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 62086491)
It took me a second to realize who that was.

It was Holloways fault for walking out. I'm not really sure why you think he might sign with the Ducks. Am I missing something?

It would be a nice way to "stick it to The Kings", from a Ducks Mgmt perspective.
There's that personal vengeance thing, which only will matter if he turns out to be
a good player.

But he might.

triplcrown 03-21-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTKingsFan (Post 62086905)
Could care less about him or Moller. If your not willing to pay the dues to be an NHL player. Then I don't want you anywhere near my team! Even the guys who couldn't crack the line-up with the Kings like Purcell, Moulson, Loktionov, Hickey, and Clune all got thier shots with other teams. And guys like King, Matinez, Bernier, Nolan, Voynov, and Muzzin all paid their dues and all have their name on the cup


Muzzin?

triplcrown 03-21-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 62088009)
I love how the OP thinks Holloway is going to set the league on fire.

Never said that.

Just said he may possibly turn out to be good enough to hurt us, if he ends up in with
our chief rival (or someone else in our division).

But-admit it- if he did pull a Matt Moulson with the Ducks, or SJ, or Phoenix,
wouldn't it hurt?

triplcrown 03-21-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 62088681)
I love how the OP infers that Matt Moulson is a good player.


Sooooo...
Are you saying Moulson is a 1-dimensional player who only scores because he doesn't have to play defense, or with much serious discipline, on the Islanders, and that he would FAIL on any good team that demands gritty, 2-way play such as The Kings, Det, CHI, Ducks, Vancouver, Phoenix, etc?

cyclones22 03-21-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 62088011)
I hang a little Stanley Cup over my bed to keep the hockey nightmares away.

You know what I do to make sure I go to sleep happy? I fire up the DVR and watch the Cup presentation before bed. Instantly, my fears of former kings haunting us go away!

As for Holloway? I couldn't care less. He made his choice to play for the Ikea Cup instead of Lord Stanley's. The Kings offense hasn't exactly been hurting the last 70 games or so, either.

Whiskeypete 03-21-2013 08:49 AM

his loss and LA's gain. he bailed to satisfy his needs and LA moved on without him, won the Cup and found some players that played for the team not themselves. King, Nolan and I guess you can add Toffoli all waited for their opportunity when it was given to them.

TonySCV 03-21-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 62086775)
There aren't many nights where after I game I think to myself, "Man, the Kings could sure use Bud Holloway."

About as many nights I wax nostalgic for Steve Heinze.

Inner Turbulence 03-21-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplcrown (Post 62086127)
This player...
In this uniform...

What you don't fear may hurt you.
:nod:

If THIS is your life's nightmare, then you have a pretty good life :sarcasm:

Raccoon Jesus 03-21-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence (Post 62093565)
If THIS is your life's nightmare, then you have a pretty good life :sarcasm:

:laugh: If this is the worst thing that happens to you in 2014...

Bud's gonna be a player though, I'm betting on 40-50 pts a season. Hope he goes far east with NYI or something, but I bet he'll end up in Calgary. He'll join the list of players who is successful on other teams, yet either can hardly make the playoffs, never mind win a cup.

When you're the champs, everyone wants your castoffs for a piece of the magic :nod:

Bandit 03-21-2013 09:51 AM

Talk about first world problems...

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplcrown (Post 62088769)
But-admit it- if he did pull a Matt Moulson with the Ducks, or SJ, or Phoenix,
wouldn't it hurt?

Not even a little bit.

King RAZZ 03-21-2013 10:38 AM

I won't miss Dud one bit...as he actually turned his back on us...as did Buck Flake...

Moller...on the other hand...had permission to hone his skills elsewhere... I think DL can still offer him as a trade chip and I won't mind seeing him thrive in the east...as he doesn't quite fit the mold for us...

Knight of the Realm 03-21-2013 10:42 AM

I think Bud will have a solid career. Good luck to him.

JBernierFan 03-21-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplcrown (Post 62088769)
Never said that.

Just said he may possibly turn out to be good enough to hurt us, if he ends up in with
our chief rival (or someone else in our division).

But-admit it- if he did pull a Matt Moulson with the Ducks, or SJ, or Phoenix,
wouldn't it hurt?

To be honest, not really. We don't know if he would have even worked in our system with our players. He was never a King IMO, since he never put on our jersey (in a regular season game). Maybe if we were a team in the basement with no scoring and needed a player to fill the top line (like the Islanders were when Moulson arrived), but the Kings are fine without him. I wish him well with whatever team he plays on, just like I do Purcell (who Tampa fans have been complaining about this season), Moulson, Hickey or Lokti (who is hurt again I believe). Every team has players that don't work out for their team but work out wherever they land in the end.

triplcrown 03-21-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence (Post 62093565)
If THIS is your life's nightmare, then you have a pretty good life :sarcasm:


True.
I'm retired.
:p:

triplcrown 03-21-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 62093349)
About as many nights I wax nostalgic for Steve Heinze.

Heinz was good in catch-up games.

But ultimately, he couldn't cut the mustard.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.