HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   McKenzie: The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381425)

spiny norman 03-21-2013 02:38 AM

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2
 
Please continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1380167

KEEROLE Vatanen 03-21-2013 02:42 AM

It's to bad anaheim is not reportedly on his list, i feel like we could make a good offer and he would be amazing with Getzlaf and Perry

Gliff 03-21-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 62086427)
It's to bad anaheim is not reportedly on his list, i feel like we could make a good offer and he would be amazing with Getzlaf and Perry

They cannot resign him so anything we give up would be a waste. I'll pass.

PG Canuck 03-21-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 62086427)
It's to bad anaheim is not reportedly on his list, i feel like we could make a good offer and he would be amazing with Getzlaf and Perry

Anaheim is better off to use those assets to acquire Iginla for a 2C, if there is one available.

Balls Mahoney 03-21-2013 02:58 AM

Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.

Mantha Poodoo 03-21-2013 03:10 AM

From the Wings:

Jurco (Or Pulkinnen, your preference)
2014 1st
Roster player

Not sure who to move as a roster player. I'd be fine from Eaves with the previous list, but Flames may want someone younger or more talented.

Ronaldo 03-21-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney (Post 62086755)
Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.

Jensen+1 st is what Flames fans are interested in.

stlflamesfan 03-21-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney (Post 62086755)
Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.

I am sorry but if the Canucks want Iginla...it will cost Kassian+++.

phamJET 03-21-2013 03:15 AM

What about the Jets, could they make a bid for Iginla? Iginla on the same line with kane would be a nice fit.

PG Canuck 03-21-2013 03:26 AM

If I'm wanting Iginla, I'm specifically trying not to trade Kassian in a deal for him. One of the main reasons I want to bring in Iginla is for Kassian to be mentored by Iginla.

Socratic Method Man 03-21-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 62087235)
If I'm wanting Iginla, I'm specifically trying not to trade Kassian in a deal for him. One of the main reasons I want to bring in Iginla is for Kassian to be mentored by Iginla.

The thing is, what are the odds he leaves in 2 months? Pretty damn high from my perspective. That's not much time of mentoring, and it doesn't do much of anything, unless we win the cup this season. And let's be honest, we may not even make the playoffs, nevermind compete for a cup.

Mantha Poodoo 03-21-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 62087235)
If I'm wanting Iginla, I'm specifically trying not to trade Kassian in a deal for him. One of the main reasons I want to bring in Iginla is for Kassian to be mentored by Iginla.

Kinda curious if you'd be willing to do:

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

Bit of overpayment for it being an in-division trade. Might be too much to swallow.

Ronaldo 03-21-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger (Post 62087289)
Kinda curious if you'd be willing to do:

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

Bit of overpayment for it being an in-division trade. Might be too much to swallow.

Schroeder instead of Hansen and I do that deal without thinking twice. Rodin just signed back in Sweden so I don't even know if we own his rights, if we do he still has little to no value.

Mantha Poodoo 03-21-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Canuck (Post 62087351)
Schroeder instead of Hansen and I do that deal without thinking twice. Rodin just signed back in Sweden so I don't even know if we own his rights, if we do he still has little to no value.

When did Rodin go back to Sweden? Last I checked he was busy battling injuries on the Wolves.

Cory Trevor 03-21-2013 03:49 AM

I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.

BigBenSF* 03-21-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 62087473)
I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.

So do we.

Ronaldo 03-21-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger (Post 62087437)
When did Rodin go back to Sweden? Last I checked he was busy battling injuries on the Wolves.

He signed a contract in Sweden for next season, I'd post the link but I'm on my mobile. Check the Canucks board in the Wolves Discussion page it's sticked.

Cory Trevor 03-21-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 62087499)
So do we.

Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal? or for that matter, Pouillot?

LightningBurrows 03-21-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger (Post 62087289)
Kinda curious if you'd be willing to do:

Hansen or Schroeder
Rodin
1st
2nd

Bit of overpayment for it being an in-division trade. Might be too much to swallow.

I would do that. I would be reluctant to give up Hansen, would rather give up Schroeder.

Maybe I'm biased because Iginla is my favourite player and to have him on my favourite team would be amazing but, I think Calgary could get a better offer.

BigBenSF* 03-21-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 62087525)
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal?

We would be willing to trade almost any prospect that is not currently on the active roster. Bennett is on the roster and fills a top 6 spot for us that we needed to fill.

I'd probably do Morrow + Jeffrey + Conditional 2013 1st if a bidding war breaks out.

Adirondack Flames 03-21-2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 62087473)
I have to think the B's have a final say in where he goes if anywhere. Solid farm team, picks and they have cap flexibility to boot.

Are you suggesting that you think the Bruins will essentially be given the right to match any other offer?

Honour Over Glory 03-21-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 62087525)
Would the Pens be willing to give up Bennett as a starting point for a deal? or for that matter, Pouillot?

Nope.

Pouliot? Maybe, it depends on how much Shero values Iginla and if he thinks it would be worth it. What a fan wants is different from a GM wants, clearly. We'll see what the Pens end up getting.

People here thought Goligoski wasn't worth much and he got us Neal and Niskanen, same for Whitney and he got us Chris Kunitz. Shero usually gets his man, whomever he is, to fit in the Pens scheme of things for the playoffs.

If it's not Iginla, Shero has plans for other players. Remember, the Flames might be thinking about moving Iginla and Iginla gave them teams he might want to go to, now it's up to those teams to show if they really want him and see what Feaster's price is.

IF Feaster asks for way too much, he could scare off teams.

Would you give up Sven Baertschi in a package for 35yr old Iginla?

stlflamesfan 03-21-2013 04:02 AM

I could see Iginla going to the Bruins or Penguins before the Canucks. If Iginla is traded to the Canucks, it would have to be something much more unless for some odd reason Iginla wants to play with the Canucks. :banghead: Since Canucks fans say Kassian is off the table, then it is hard for me as a Flames fan to accept a deal that is not significantly more than Maatta+Kennedy+1st to see Iginla in a Canuck jersey. Would you want to see one of the all time greatest Canuck players in a Flames jersey? If so, what would it cost for you to be able to live with that deal?

Socratic Method Man 03-21-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 62087579)
We would be willing to trade almost any prospect that is not currently on the active roster. Bennett is on the roster and fills a top 6 spot for us that we needed to fill.

I'd probably do Morrow + Jeffrey + Conditional 2013 1st if a bidding war breaks out.

I kind of feel like if Pittsburgh wants him, Iginla will be a Penguin. Iginla can play with the phenom and rekindle the Olympic experience. Pens have so many pieces to throw around, particularly young prospect dmen. Maata, Morrow, Pouillot, you could trade 2 or 3 of these guys (hypothetically), and still have great leftover d prospects to spare.

Adirondack Flames 03-21-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 62087579)
We would be willing to trade almost any prospect that is not currently on the active roster. Bennett is on the roster and fills a top 6 spot for us that we needed to fill.

I'd probably do Morrow + Jeffrey + Conditional 2013 1st if a bidding war breaks out.

considering the rumored original offer from the Bruins is Peverly, Subban and a 1st, you would already be out of the running if that's as high as you would go


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.