HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381479)

LightningStrikes 03-21-2013 08:28 AM

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread
 
New thread.

Last three posts in the previous thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC321 (Post 62088985)
Thank you, he looks like a fun player to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeykshade (Post 62089579)
Looks like he'd get mauled on smaller ice. Not expecting him to ever come to NA. Would be nice to see if he can do it, but not sure we'll ever see him play in NA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC321 (Post 62089999)
His build looks similar to Johnson's, so he might be ok if he's careful. Tampa probably asked him if he wanted to come over before drafting him, so he likely has some interest in trying it. I'm not sure when his KHL contract ends, but it would be exciting to see Gusev, Kucherov, and Namestnikov on a Syracuse line this October.


zeykshade 03-21-2013 08:46 AM

I agree, Gusev / Namestnikov / Kucherov would be pretty fun to see. Nothing about this kid's game is like Johnson's though. Johnson is great in space, not as good as Gusev, but Johnson is a ****ing bulldog in puck battles and will go to the dirty areas too. Haven't seen enough of Gusev to know if he does the same, but given the bigger ice and style of play over seas, I don't think so. Zone entry in the KHL is much less contested because of the width of the rink and actual size of the offensive zone.

Hope he does come over and give it a go. Who knows, he could be fantastic on small ice for all we know.

HoseEmDown 03-21-2013 08:47 AM

I was reading on bolt prospects, when they were talking about Koekkoek signing, that the team wants to also sign Witkowski and Paquette but wasn't sure on Richard. Was wondering what people thought they'd do with him next year? He's too old for the CHL, not sure if he can get signed by the Crunch on an AHL contract without having signed an ELC?

BoltSTH 03-21-2013 09:09 AM

Ufa knocked out of KHL playoffs so Vasilevskiy is free to be signed and come to US.

Jacko95 03-21-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 62090449)
I was reading on bolt prospects, when they were talking about Koekkoek signing, that the team wants to also sign Witkowski and Paquette but wasn't sure on Richard. Was wondering what people thought they'd do with him next year? He's too old for the CHL, not sure if he can get signed by the Crunch on an AHL contract without having signed an ELC?

It would be dumb as hell to not sign him, he looks promising and played good in juniors, I would bet my account that he will be signed. He has great playmaking ability and plays as expected, so I can't see ANY reason to not sign him.
What I could see happening is, that he will be send back to Guelph for another year (overager). But it wouldn't make sense IMO

Jacko95 03-21-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSTH (Post 62091039)
Ufa knocked out of KHL playoffs so Vasilevskiy is free to be signed and come to US.

He will play in the playoffs with Ufas MHL team, so we will have to wait a few more weeks

HoseEmDown 03-21-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 62091211)
It would be dumb as hell to not sign him, he looks promising and played good in juniors, I would bet my account that he will be signed. He has great playmaking ability and plays as expected, so I can't see ANY reason to not sign him.
What I could see happening is, that he will be send back to Guelph for another year (overager). But it wouldn't make sense IMO

Can he play another year? He was drafted as an overager and I thought this year was his last in CHL?
I think the reason we might not sign him this year is because of numbers and we are near the contract limit. With Sergeev, Kucherov, Witkowski and Paquette counting against next years, whike we also look for a college UFA he might have to wait to see if there's room for him. I'd prefer to sign him and let Hutchings walk, we'll have to see what SY has in mind.

Jacko95 03-21-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 62092291)
Can he play another year? He was drafted as an overager and I thought this year was his last in CHL?
I think the reason we might not sign him this year is because of numbers and we are near the contract limit. With Sergeev, Kucherov, Witkowski and Paquette counting against next years, whike we also look for a college UFA he might have to wait to see if there's room for him. I'd prefer to sign him and let Hutchings walk, we'll have to see what SY has in mind.

He could play as an overager one more year yes, he is the same age as Paquette. But we get a lot of older AHL players of the books this summer, so I think we will find a place for him. W get 11 players of the book, who are not NHL regulars (except bergeron and Labrie) and Garon, Thompson and Crombeen, so I can't see a big problem with the contract limit. We have 48 contracts right now, but Kucherov, Koekkoek are already included.

bassassin 03-21-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 62090449)
I was reading on bolt prospects, when they were talking about Koekkoek signing, that the team wants to also sign Witkowski and Paquette but wasn't sure on Richard. Was wondering what people thought they'd do with him next year? He's too old for the CHL, not sure if he can get signed by the Crunch on an AHL contract without having signed an ELC?

It wasn't that they weren't interested, just they hadn't contacted him yet. Given how he played in the WJC/this season I doubt they let him go.

But just the same he is in the playoffs, why distract him with contract talk when SFY will have plenty of time to sign him once the season is over?

zeykshade 03-21-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassassin (Post 62092947)
It wasn't that they weren't interested, just they hadn't contacted him yet. Given how he played in the WJC/this season I doubt they let him go.

But just the same he is in the playoffs, why distract him with contract talk when SFY will have plenty of time to sign him once the season is over?

Tanner Richard just tweeted the picture of him from the press box in ACC last night and thanked the Lightning for bringing him there.
Clicky

Don't think there's a lack of interest.

HoseEmDown 03-21-2013 11:58 AM

I don't think there's a lack of interest, I just think he's lower on the priority list. We don't have to sign him this year anyway as we have his rights till next July. I just don't see another year in the CHL helping his development so wasn't sure what other options we had if we waited to sign him. Jacko is probably right in that we'll let a few forwards walk to make room.

TheDaysOf 04 03-21-2013 02:07 PM

https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey
Quote:

Both Desjardins and Helenius at Crunch practice today, getting ready to take team pic
Quote:

Regarding a possible callup from Crunch, BriseBois said that might have to be addressed later today.
Quote:

On an unrelated note, BriseBois said there is no chance Labrie would be with Crunch for playoffs. Fearful of losing him on waivers

Steve Yzerman 03-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 (Post 62103209)

Can they send him on another conditioning stint?

crunchrulz 03-21-2013 04:32 PM

Not for the duration of the playoffs as the Rehab Rule is two week stints. As nice as it woould be to have Nacho back, please keep him there to avoid the potential of losing him from the organization. As more of the Crunchies make the trip to the Show, Nacho's value as a leader will become more apparent.
As for the goaltending, I am not completely sold on RH being the goalie who is going to carry the Crunch deeply into the playoffs. He has had a roller coaster season, without any consistency. We will see but I am VERY concerned about our goaltending situation with CD being up for what appears to be the long term.
Hopefully, he proves me wrong but he has not shown it so far this season so I do not expect him to show it now that the playoffs are looming.

Jacko95 03-21-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchrulz (Post 62110469)
Not for the duration of the playoffs as the Rehab Rule is two week stints. As nice as it woould be to have Nacho back, please keep him there to avoid the potential of losing him from the organization. As more of the Crunchies make the trip to the Show, Nacho's value as a leader will become more apparent.
As for the goaltending, I am not completely sold on RH being the goalie who is going to carry the Crunch deeply into the playoffs. He has had a roller coaster season, without any consistency. We will see but I am VERY concerned about our goaltending situation with CD being up for what appears to be the long term.
Hopefully, he proves me wrong but he has not shown it so far this season so I do not expect him to show it now that the playoffs are looming.

But the two times he was the number one ( the 2 or 3 games after the trade and when CD was up he played great, so maybe it will help him again if he is the number one.

crunchrulz 03-21-2013 05:21 PM

That is what I am hoping. Once he realizes there is a good chance the team is riding his shoulders, he steps up and accepts the challange. If not, it will make for a very disappointing post season and cast a lot of doubts as to whether or not he is a goalie who will help the organization in the future.

Jacko95 03-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchrulz (Post 62112683)
That is what I am hoping. Once he realizes there is a good chance the team is riding his shoulders, he steps up and accepts the challange. If not, it will make for a very disappointing post season and cast a lot of doubts as to whether or not he is a goalie who will help the organization in the future.

If he isn't able to carry the team, expect him to leave NA this summer, or take the cash and sit on year, but if he isn't able, their is no NHL future for him.

zeykshade 03-21-2013 06:05 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
College free agent Andrej Sustr has signed a two year entry level deal with Tampa Bay.

Steve Yzerman 03-21-2013 06:10 PM

Congratulations Yzerman, you nabbed one of the most sought after defencemen in the league.

Follower of Yzlam 03-21-2013 06:32 PM

Woohoo!

HoseEmDown 03-21-2013 06:49 PM

Plan the parade!

The YzerJesus 03-21-2013 07:53 PM

From what I understand, he is a PMD? SFY knows the team better than I do, but it just seems like we could use a more stay at home guy... We have enough non-physical, finesse guys.

Still, it's nice to get someone for nothing.

TheDaysOf 04 03-21-2013 10:14 PM

https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:

Yzerman said he preferred not to comment on DeKeyser (though there is obvious interest) but reiterated intent to sign 2008 draftee Witkowski

TheDaysOf 04 03-22-2013 06:25 AM

JT Brown's first fight vs Philip Samuelsson

@ 0:39

LightningStrikes 03-22-2013 08:43 AM

Great to see Brown back in action. He held his own there.

He's probably my favorite prospect.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.