HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Mike Green to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1381567)

Halpysback* 03-21-2013 10:09 AM

Mike Green to Toronto

Assuming Toronto doesn't have a slurpee for an ice surface like Washington does his injury issues probably go away just like Varlamov's. Phaneuf-Green would probably be a very good pairing, better than the sum of its parts, especially considering that both of them have generally had crap for partners throughout their careers. They play a fairly complementary style as well.

Washington would probably be interested in some of Kulemin, Grabovski, Gunnarsson, picks and prospects. Liles would prob go back as well since he's on the outs in Toronto/would fill a PMD void. Is there a trade to be made there with some of those pieces?

fedfed 03-21-2013 10:15 AM

Gunnarsson, 1st for Green, Perreault/3rd.

HappyGilmourr 03-21-2013 10:18 AM

Green defines the exact opposite of what we need. Gardiner and Liles, Phaneuf, even Franson all seem to be more offensive. (Phaneuf more two way) I think we have a bigger need for a legitimate shutdown defensmen.

tml145 03-21-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 62095281)
Gunnarsson, 1st for Green, Perreault/3rd.

dont wast green

especially for a 1st

Halpysback* 03-21-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozak (Post 62095375)
Green defines the exact opposite of what we need. Gardiner and Liles, Phaneuf, even Franson all seem to be more offensive. (Phaneuf more two way) I think we have a bigger need for a legitimate shutdown defensmen.

Green is very two way at this point as well. Phaneuf brings the hits, Green brings the mobility, both bring offense and both can play solid defense as well.

Drew311 03-21-2013 10:22 AM

Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles, Franson, Rielly.

Don't think we need Green, especially if a 1st is involved.

Dark Knight 03-21-2013 10:26 AM

Green has altered his game and become a steady two-way D-man. Washington fans were fairly impressed with his defensive play.

I'd be interested in Green, for sure.

What would Washington need?

We need a RH shot.

Carlzner 03-21-2013 10:37 AM

We'd probably want Quantity over Quality (not being sarcastic) to help fill some holes.

bobbyflex 03-21-2013 10:39 AM

do not want

Mat Fratthouse 03-21-2013 10:40 AM

no interest in green dude is soft as butter.

Carlzner 03-21-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat Fratthouse (Post 62096397)
no interest in green dude is soft as butter.

I'm not so sure of that. It was said he was back to 100% before getting hurt again this season... Varlamov was just like him while here and he's been pretty much injury free in Colorado.
Most of us on the Caps board think its something wrong with our medical staff.

Halpysback* 03-21-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 62095797)
Green has altered his game and become a steady two-way D-man. Washington fans were fairly impressed with his defensive play.

I'd be interested in Green, for sure.

What would Washington need?

We need a RH shot.

I'd do something like Liles, Kulemin, 1st (can be top 10 protected or w/e). Maybe something with Grabovski if leafs deem him expendable. Perreault could go the other way to fill in for him. Liles, Grabovski, Kulemin for Green, Perreault, Chimera. Dunno.

Philadelphia Ducks 03-21-2013 10:45 AM

Wouldn't you want a defensive dman to be paired with Phaneuf and not an even more wreckless offensive one who takes chances?

Carlzner 03-21-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 62096647)
Wouldn't you want a defensive dman to be paired with Phaneuf and not an even more wreckless offensive one who takes chances?

That's not Mike Green anymore.

ChibiPooky 03-21-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlzner (Post 62096529)
I'm not so sure of that. It was said he was back to 100% before getting hurt again this season... Varlamov was just like him while here and he's been pretty much injury free in Colorado.
Most of us on the Caps board think its something wrong with our medical staff.

And the Verizon Center ice.

Caps who have had groin injuries with WSH but not with other teams:
Varlamov
Poti
Green (has only played for WSH)
Vokoun
Laich (supposedly sustained during the lockout, but has been under WSH's strength & conditioning staff for a while)

Just off the top of my head.

BonMorrison 03-21-2013 10:52 AM

High-risk, high-reward. Green has become very good defensively and I wouldn't mind him on the Leafs. He's still young and if he can stay healthy, he has a lot of value.

Unfortunately the risk if too high to give up anything of substantial value that would please Capital fans - only thing I can think of would be something like:

Green for MacArthur + Gunnarsson + low pick.

MacArthur can help the Caps on the wings and secondary scoring and bump Brouwer or Laich to the 3rd line, Gunnarsson brings a stable defensive presence (better than Schultz).

Johansson - Backstrom - Ovechkin
MacArthur - Ribiero - Brouwer
Chimera - Laich - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Fehr

Alzner - Carlson
Orlov - Gunnarsson
Kundratek - Poti

That's a pretty good top 4 on D.

WilliamNylander 03-21-2013 11:21 AM

I would do mac+gunnar for green

Canadian Jesus 03-21-2013 11:21 AM

Wouldn't deal Gunnarson for Green but wouldn't mind Liles + Grabovski

Leafs87 03-21-2013 11:37 AM

Green would be nice, but we need a two way type defenceman. If we didnt have a surplus of offensive defenceman, I would have loved to see green-phanuef

Kessely Snipes 03-21-2013 11:41 AM

Don't want, already have Liles, Gardiner, and in the future Rielly.

kihei 03-21-2013 11:46 AM

The definitely wrong guy at the obviously wrong price.

GordieHoweHatTrick 03-21-2013 11:51 AM

If he's still as passive defensively as I remember him then I do not want.

Patmac40 03-21-2013 11:55 AM

Nope. Not what we need.

Drew311 03-21-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlzner (Post 62096687)
That's not Mike Green anymore.

No team wants the current Mike Green at 6 million. Teams have defenseman who can produce at a ~0.3 PPG pace while staying healthy and at half the cap hit. Everyone wants the old 20-30 goal Mike Green, but he's gone and will never return. Prime amnestry buyout candidate if ask me.

CaptainCally 03-21-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 62095611)
Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles, Franson, Rielly.

Don't think we need Green, especially if a 1st is involved.

Smart boy :handclap:. Green is so overrated IMO. He used to be GREAT offensievly, not he's only good. While being average/slightly above average in his own zone. And for that amount of money he's getting paid, he's now overpaid. He's injury prone as well.

No doubt Green used to have tremendous value, but now he's just a name and a big ''what if'' player. Teams should stay away from Green IMO.