HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Rusty Klesla for Marcus Johansson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1382543)

rt 03-22-2013 12:46 PM

Rusty Klesla for Marcus Johansson
 
Is there any way to make this a fair deal?

Feel free to flame. I've given little thought to this and deserve wrath if it's a poor suggestion. :)

Skobel24 03-22-2013 12:49 PM

Only way to make this fair is to add a huge plus coming to Washington.

31 year old dman, for a 22 year old who was recently a 1st round pick? Yikes. He just put up nearly 50 points last year.

My guess? Involve Gormley or Rundblad, and Washington listens. Klesla has very little value.

Jack de la Hoya 03-22-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 62172841)
Is there any way to make this a fair deal?

Feel free to flame. I've given little thought to this and deserve wrath if it's a poor suggestion. :)

Gormley or Rundblad would seem to be a better starting point, value-wise.

Rivet52 03-22-2013 03:00 PM

Has Klesla really been that bad? It was just less than a calendar year ago that he had a great playoffs. I can't imagine his value being so low. He's signed to a reasonable contract too.

MillarWithASave 03-22-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 62180321)
Has Klesla really been that bad? It was just less than a calendar year ago that he had a great playoffs. I can't imagine his value being so low. He's signed to a reasonable contract too.

I just think its more of the fact that Johansson has such a higher ceiling than Klesla ever had/has, plus Klesla is 31 years old now, I don't think he contains enough value to fetch a guy like Johansson.

rt 03-22-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 62180321)
Has Klesla really been that bad? It was just less than a calendar year ago that he had a great playoffs. I can't imagine his value being so low. He's signed to a reasonable contract too.

Klesla has been excellent. Rock solid D. He's a highly effective player.

The Coyotes have tough choices to make concerning their payroll budget, should they remain in Glendale another year. With OEL's raise, and Boedker's inevitable big raise, they're going to have to trim some salary if they want to keep Smith. That means letting guys like Sullivan and Moss walk andattempting to replace them with cheaper players. We can probably replace Moss from within. Sullivan, though, is supposed to be a top six winger. We don't have any of those ready within the system and would likely need to trade or sign for a replacement. UFAs aren't really an option because they're too expensive. So that leaves trades. Obviously, if we are going to trade for a weakness (forward) we need to deal from a strength (D). I can't see any of OEL, Michalek, Yandle or Morris going anywhere. All of Schlemko, Stone, and Rundblad are cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to deal them. That leaves Klesla. He has done nothing wrong to deserve a trade, or anything. He's just as good a candidate as anyone, I guess.

Ovechkins Wodka 03-22-2013 04:11 PM

Mojo been playing much better since coming back from injury, he is prolly off the trade block now.

Halpysback 03-22-2013 04:23 PM

If caps add could they get Korpi back somehow as well?

Basis fairly solid, Klesla + 2nd for Johansson + 3rd/4th I think would be even value.

TOML 03-22-2013 04:26 PM

Phoenix says no right now. Maybe at the draft.


TOML

Zoidberg Jesus 03-22-2013 04:46 PM

I could see this working if the Caps decide to keep Ribeiro (and Ribeiro decides to stay here). If McPhee really wants to go for it next year, Klesla would be a huge addition for our defense, considering we're looking at Erskine or Schultz as our full time 2LD otherwise.

If Ribeiro is gone though, we really can't afford to move Johansson, what with Perrault then being our full time 2C. And if he's gone, we're not going to be contending anyway, so Klesla wouldn't make much sense on his current contract.

rt 03-22-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 62184307)
If caps add could they get Korpi back somehow as well?

Basis fairly solid, Klesla + 2nd for Johansson + 3rd/4th I think would be even value.

I can't see Korpi going anywhere. He's a great Tippett player. I'd be okay with something similar to what you've proposed. I'd also be willing to add Viktor Tikhonov and/or David Moss in there somewhere. Maybe even Chris Summers, who is a really solid prospect, who I really do like a whole lot, but seems a bit lost in the depth chart. Anything reasonable that will make it work around a basis of Klesla for Johansson would be good for me. Obviously Johansson is a big gamble (four concussions, is it?), but if he weren't I wouldn't even be trying to pry him away for a vet D and some smaller pieces.

rt 03-22-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOML (Post 62184461)
Phoenix says no right now. Maybe at the draft.


TOML

Other than Shane Doan, the Coyotes have been almost completely and totally incapable of scoring any goals of any kind. Zbynek Michalek will be back sooner than later. We need a forward if we are going to have a shot at making a run for eighth place. We need a guy with at least have decent offensive capability but that can also actually get playing time under a guy like Tippett. Marcus Johansson strikes me as that type of guy.

Halpysback 03-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 62188671)
I can't see Korpi going anywhere. He's a great Tippett player. I'd be okay with something similar to what you've proposed. I'd also be willing to add Viktor Tikhonov and/or David Moss in there somewhere. Maybe even Chris Summers, who is a really solid prospect, who I really do like a whole lot, but seems a bit lost in the depth chart. Anything reasonable that will make it work around a basis of Klesla for Johansson would be good for me. Obviously Johansson is a big gamble (four concussions, is it?), but if he weren't I wouldn't even be trying to pry him away for a vet D and some smaller pieces.

Summers, Klesla and Tikhonov?

I'd do it.

Johansson seems like he'd fit both on Phoenix's speed line and the Hanzal/Vrbata line pretty well.

Rivet52 03-22-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 62189567)
Other than Shane Doan, the Coyotes have been almost completely and totally incapable of scoring any goals of any kind. Zbynek Michalek will be back sooner than later. We need a forward if we are going to have a shot at making a run for eighth place. We need a guy with at least have decent offensive capability but that can also actually get playing time under a guy like Tippett. Marcus Johansson strikes me as that type of guy.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, what about Drew Stafford? Not as young with potential like Johansson, but more proven and is a guy who is paid to score goals. He's just not getting it done in Buffalo anymore. I could see a change in scenery doing him good.

Stafford for Klesla + Gordon? Buffalo could add. Phoenix sends Gordon our way to balance out the cap hits. Buffalo could always add a pick/prospect to even it out if the value's not quite there and Phoenix wouldn't have to take on additional cap space. I'd love to get a defenseman that can actually play solid defense besides Ehrhoff and Regehr and Gordon is a good faceoff-man and a very good PK'er.

Boedker89 03-22-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 62192347)
Like I mentioned in the other thread, what about Drew Stafford? Not as young with potential like Johansson, but more proven and is a guy who is paid to score goals. He's just not getting it done in Buffalo anymore. I could see a change in scenery doing him good.

Stafford for Klesla + Gordon? Buffalo could add. Phoenix sends Gordon our way to balance out the cap hits. Buffalo could always add a pick/prospect to even it out if the value's not quite there and Phoenix wouldn't have to take on additional cap space. I'd love to get a defenseman that can actually play solid defense besides Ehrhoff and Regehr and Gordon is a good faceoff-man and a very good PK'er.

No Gordon. Elite on faceoffs and key for our PK.

Jakey53 03-22-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 62182303)
Klesla has been excellent. Rock solid D. He's a highly effective player.

The Coyotes have tough choices to make concerning their payroll budget, should they remain in Glendale another year. With OEL's raise, and Boedker's inevitable big raise, they're going to have to trim some salary if they want to keep Smith. That means letting guys like Sullivan and Moss walk andattempting to replace them with cheaper players. We can probably replace Moss from within. Sullivan, though, is supposed to be a top six winger. We don't have any of those ready within the system and would likely need to trade or sign for a replacement. UFAs aren't really an option because they're too expensive. So that leaves trades. Obviously, if we are going to trade for a weakness (forward) we need to deal from a strength (D). I can't see any of OEL, Michalek, Yandle or Morris going anywhere. All of Schlemko, Stone, and Rundblad are cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to deal them. That leaves Klesla. He has done nothing wrong to deserve a trade, or anything. He's just as good a candidate as anyone, I guess.

I think I may trade Michalek before Klesla being that Klesla is a UFA before Michalek, and is cheaper than Michalek. I would think Summers will be traded shortly as he is a UFA. Moss can probably be replaced within in, but if he stayed I would not mind. I just want to get rid of Sullivan, and Lombardi. We are not good enough. We have to make changes, simple as that. We have been spending alot of our budget for depth players that are over the hill.

rt 03-22-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 62192347)
Like I mentioned in the other thread, what about Drew Stafford? Not as young with potential like Johansson, but more proven and is a guy who is paid to score goals. He's just not getting it done in Buffalo anymore. I could see a change in scenery doing him good.

Stafford for Klesla + Gordon? Buffalo could add. Phoenix sends Gordon our way to balance out the cap hits. Buffalo could always add a pick/prospect to even it out if the value's not quite there and Phoenix wouldn't have to take on additional cap space. I'd love to get a defenseman that can actually play solid defense besides Ehrhoff and Regehr and Gordon is a good faceoff-man and a very good PK'er.

I don't like Stafford's price tag.

Jakey53 03-22-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 62192347)
Like I mentioned in the other thread, what about Drew Stafford? Not as young with potential like Johansson, but more proven and is a guy who is paid to score goals. He's just not getting it done in Buffalo anymore. I could see a change in scenery doing him good.

Stafford for Klesla + Gordon? Buffalo could add. Phoenix sends Gordon our way to balance out the cap hits. Buffalo could always add a pick/prospect to even it out if the value's not quite there and Phoenix wouldn't have to take on additional cap space. I'd love to get a defenseman that can actually play solid defense besides Ehrhoff and Regehr and Gordon is a good faceoff-man and a very good PK'er.

How about Klesla and Moss for Stafford and Ott?

rt 03-22-2013 09:42 PM

I will stick my thumbs into my frontal lobe via my ocular cavities if we trade for Steve Ott.

rt 03-22-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakey53 (Post 62198179)
I think I may trade Michalek before Klesla being that Klesla is a UFA before Michalek, and is cheaper than Michalek. I would think Summers will be traded shortly as he is a UFA. Moss can probably be replaced within in, but if he stayed I would not mind. I just want to get rid of Sullivan, and Lombardi. We are not good enough. We have to make changes, simple as that. We have been spending alot of our budget for depth players that are over the hill.

Michalek is too necessary at the moment, imo. Such a great parter for Oel during 5on5 play. Perfect.

Kaibur 03-22-2013 11:20 PM

I would be really pleased if Maloney could find a way to pull a move like that.

The Coyotes would probably have to kick in a B prospect or exchange picks or something.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 03-22-2013 11:27 PM

The Caps need on defense is an all-situations top-4 LD, and barring that, I'd think they'd lean towards a guy with an offensive bent, rather than a defensive one.

Klesla doesn't really offer that.

rt 04-14-2013 01:46 AM

Would the Caps have any interest in David Moss? Would he and a pick in addition to Klesla be appealing at the draft?

Jakey53 04-14-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 63922191)
Would the Caps have any interest in David Moss? Would he and a pick in addition to Klesla be appealing at the draft?

Why are you so interested in getting rid of Moss? I think he has played very well this year when healthy.

Drake1588 04-14-2013 12:15 PM

With the trade of Forsberg, the uncertainty of Kuznetsov's debut (maybe right after Sochi... maybe not), and Johansson's fit lately on the top line, I'd aver that the Caps have no interest in trading Johansson anytime soon.

I'm not sure that the GM has ever had much interest in dealing him, either. Fans have certainly shopped him, for what little that is worth. McPhee has always seemed to value him highly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.