HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who will need to.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13827)

habsfan4life 09-23-2003 10:44 PM

Who will need to....

Who will need to step up their game the most this season, in your opinion, if the Habs want to have a legit shot at the post season?

I am leaving Theodore off of the list becuase it's the obvious choice... goaltending is the backbone of everyteam and everyteam needs their goalie to step it up in order to be sucessfull.

If you want to say who you voted for and why, I would love to read it.

As well, if you choose 'other', it would be cool if you said who and why.

:rolly:

edit:

I beleive that Mike Ribeiro will need to step his game up the most. He suffered an injury last pre-season (I beleive) that possibly threw his game off. His stats took a fall from what they were the previous year and just looked awfull at times. Then again, he managed to lay down a outstanding deke from time to time that would fill me with hope.

I beleive it's now time for him to stop the Jekyl and Hyde routine and show us what he's made of. If what he's made of is the bad player that he so often is, then he needs to get out of the lineup.

I really hope that this guy has the creative power to emerge as our #2 center and feed Zed 15-20 open net tap in's.... wishfull thinking, maybe... we'll see.

SwedenRulez 09-24-2003 02:07 AM

Sure Ribeiro gets my vote. But Patrice Brisebois can help the team if he steps up his game, he can be a good offensive D-man, but he needs to developp defensively to help us.

Darz 09-24-2003 04:50 AM

Depends to what level each could elevate his game......

If Audette can bring his game back to the level where he could be a valuable top 6 forward again, that would help alot...

If Ribiero could evelate his game to the point where he became a good 2nd line centre, that would help a ton.....

Now, imo, will we see either of these happen?????? I'm in an optimistic mood right now, so I won't say anything.

skidboot 09-24-2003 05:05 AM

I'll say Hainsey.

I believe in being strong on defense. Having Hainsey step up, take a job AND contribute on a regular basis will allow us to trade Brisebois.

danboulie 09-24-2003 10:19 AM

I think everybody will have to step up if we want the playoffs. I don't tink that just one player will be able to do it.

MVP 09-24-2003 10:43 AM

If Audette can step up and regain close to his 70 points ability, than i think it will make Montreal a danger team offensively because of the secondary scoring than Audette, Yanic and Bulis can provide, assuming they all play well.

Maithz 09-24-2003 11:36 AM

Audette and Ribeiro