HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   MPHL vs Emjhl (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383031)

t2bstryker 03-22-2013 11:18 PM

MPHL vs Emjhl

is there any thoughts on this? i have not heard a lot about the MPHL until recently an was wondering if anyone can speak of the quality of the league for development an moving kids to college or jr A?
answers appreciated

JB51Hockey 03-22-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t2bstryker (Post 62208941)
is there any thoughts on this? i have not heard a lot about the MPHL until recently an was wondering if anyone can speak of the quality of the league for development an moving kids to college or jr A?
answers appreciated

MPHL? Never heard of it.... I know the only Empire teams who move players up the the EJHL and Junior A are teams that have EJHL as well.

What is the MPHL?

t2bstryker 03-22-2013 11:47 PM

midwest prep hockey league, there was a first round pick through there picked by Calgary last draft, I was hoping someone had some info on it cuz i havnt heard anything bout it either lol, does anyone know how it compares to NE prep schools?

McBrom7 03-23-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t2bstryker (Post 62210649)
midwest prep hockey league, there was a first round pick through there picked by Calgary last draft, I was hoping someone had some info on it cuz i havnt heard anything bout it either lol, does anyone know how it compares to NE prep schools?

Jankowski. One of the few ones from that league.

From going through my scouting process, the bottom line is that no matter where you're playing, if you're good enough, you'll get your name out there and people will come to watch you. Jankowski is a prime example of that. However, many do not think he was first round material and think that, that pick was controversial.

Anyways, if I had to pick a league I'd go with empire because they just seem to groom kids better than a prep school league. It's a decent amount of money no matter where you play and IMO the lessons you learn in the empire league are bar none. Also no life like the junior hockey life :)

Cheers

t2bstryker 03-23-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brom7 (Post 62230535)
Jankowski. One of the few ones from that league.

From going through my scouting process, the bottom line is that no matter where you're playing, if you're good enough, you'll get your name out there and people will come to watch you. Jankowski is a prime example of that. However, many do not think he was first round material and think that, that pick was controversial.

Anyways, if I had to pick a league I'd go with empire because they just seem to groom kids better than a prep school league. It's a decent amount of money no matter where you play and IMO the lessons you learn in the empire league are bar none. Also no life like the junior hockey life :)

Cheers

do you know how it compares to the NE prep schools?
an could you elaborate on why you think the empire is better? i live in the town of a empire team so im curious, thanks for the answer btw :)

JB51Hockey 03-24-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t2bstryker (Post 62267115)
do you know how it compares to the NE prep schools?
an could you elaborate on why you think the empire is better? i live in the town of a empire team so im curious, thanks for the answer btw :)

Prep schools are better than about 80% of Empire teams, excluding New Hampshire, Apple Core, Bruins and the power houses. These teams are equal to varisty prep. I played in the EmJHL last season and it was a joke. If you're gonna play Empire (it's a good league for advancing players to Jr A) play on a team that also has EJHL. Or else you'll be stuck with 18 and 19 year olds who think they still have a shot and don't wanna play HS or go to college.

t2bstryker 03-25-2013 01:08 PM

does anyone know how the mphl compares to the new england prep schools?

t2bstryker 03-26-2013 06:45 PM

bump

t2bstryker 03-29-2013 11:26 AM

no one? :(