HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   GB: World U18 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383039)

Alpine 03-22-2013 10:30 PM

GB: World U18
 
What's the chances of moving up to Div 1 B,
Starts Mar 31....Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Romania also in the group
As asked

IIHF...PAGE
http://www.iihf.com/competition/337/statistics.html

GB Roster....IIHF PAGE
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/337/IHM3370GBR_32E_1_0.pdf

Call me Suds 03-22-2013 11:14 PM

They better get promoted lol

Croatia, Estonia, Lithuania, Romania, South Korea isn't exactly great competition

Alpine 03-22-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call me Suds (Post 62211873)
They better get promoted lol

Croatia, Estonia, Lithuania, Romania, South Korea isn't exactly great competition

Korea??? They are already in Div 1 B,
With no U-20 league in GB this is the group of players to watch.
They are the ones moving up to EIHL and EPIHL. If anybody wants imports reduced in these leagues this group is where the prospects of Brits come from.
IF and I mean IF.....a National Development Team like USA has could get set up playing a sked against NIHL/SNL teams like USNDT vs USHL?
Somebody give Ice Hockey UK a kick in the arse

Dustin Peener 03-23-2013 06:37 AM

I think this is a very strong year.

Good goaltending, Adam Goss took over the starting job for the U20's and had a solid performance in D1B
Good top end scoring talent: Betteridge, Hook, Cownie
Good depth

I think we will finish 3rd at least, the competition has never been stiffer at this level, Hungary and Lithuania might give us problems, but promotion is a realistic goal.

Could you add to the OP the IIHF tournament page and roster on Elite Prospects?

Dustin Peener 03-23-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 62212381)
Korea??? They are already in Div 1 B,
With no U-20 league in GB this is the group of players to watch.
They are the ones moving up to EIHL and EPIHL. If anybody wants imports reduced in these leagues this group is where the prospects of Brits come from.
IF and I mean IF.....a National Development Team like USA has could get set up playing a sked against NIHL/SNL teams like USNDT vs USHL?
Somebody give Ice Hockey UK a kick in the arse

A U18 development program would not work in the UK. The USNTDP works because all the players are basically guaranteed a place at a D1 school. Whereas in the UK hockey is not really a realistic career path for most of these kids so there is not much incentive for them to move away from home to attend some development academy in Nottingham, at the same time giving up their education (high school not compulsory until 18 here). Those American kids are sorted because they will go to college, but British universities do not give out scholarships for ice hockey... This would also hold back some players, a U18 development team would probably have to compete at NIHL level, but top players like Lewis Hook are playing full time for EPIHL teams.

Similarly, a U20 development team would not work either unless you paid them to play (where is the money going to come from?) because players at this age are being paid to play in the EIHL or EPIHL, there is no incentive. It is completely different to Canada where you can't play pro until you are 20 unless it's the NHL. If we had a U20 league and you implemented a similar rule that forced players to play junior until they were 20 then that would massively hold most players back, as they are more than good enough to play in a senior league.

Alpine 03-23-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 62217565)

Could you add to the OP the IIHF tournament page and roster on Elite Prospects?

Done...kinda

Dustin Peener 03-23-2013 07:16 AM

Here's the tournament page on Elite Prospects

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...p?leagueid=309

I just find it to be better because you can click on all the players and see who they are and their stats.

Also there's some really good news, Premier Sports (British TV channel which shows NHL) will be broadcasting the Men's WC's in Budapest. So there will likely be a stream for you guys too. This is a massive step forward :handclap:

Alpine 03-23-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 62217883)
Here's the tournament page on Elite Prospects

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...p?leagueid=309

I just find it to be better because you can click on all the players and see who they are and their stats

There's a handful of players in Ontario prep schools on the roster.

Dustin Peener 03-25-2013 01:10 PM

Cam Wynn scored his first EPIHL goal yesterday

really looking forward to this tournament

Edit: Here's a video


Call me Suds 03-26-2013 04:00 PM

did they give him a case of beer? lmao

Dustin Peener 03-26-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call me Suds (Post 62459777)
did they give him a case of beer? lmao

Each team always gets a case of beer presented to their player of the match

Call me Suds 03-26-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 62459877)
Each team always gets a case of beer presented to their player of the match

:laugh: too good because he's 17? Maybe 18

Dustin Peener 03-26-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call me Suds (Post 62460407)
:laugh: too good because he's 17? Maybe 18

He's 18

Call me Suds 03-26-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 62460731)
He's 18

aww now it's irrelevant. Drinking age is 18 in England, right?

Dustin Peener 03-26-2013 04:41 PM

yes.

ficohok* 03-27-2013 06:30 AM

Can we use this topic as "official" for U18, or is it only for GB ? :)

Croatian team played friendly game against Austrian team Villach (U19) and beat them 6:0.

Croatian goalie, Vili Rosandic (1996.) could/should be first star of Croatia at WC. He is playing in Slovakian U18 extraleague and despite his team sucks, he have had solid 90.72% save in 35 games.

Alpine 03-27-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 62509087)
Can we use this topic as "official" for U18, or is it only for GB ? :)

Croatian team played friendly game against Austrian team Villach (U19) and beat them 6:0.

Croatian goalie, Vili Rosandic (1996.) could/should be first star of Croatia at WC. He is playing in Slovakian U18 extraleague and despite his team sucks, he have had solid 90.72% save in 35 games.

\
Personally I welcome any input. Unfortunately I can't change the name of the thread.
But I'm sure any news or comments about other teams in the group will be appreciated

Dustin Peener 03-27-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroHabitant (Post 62509087)
Can we use this topic as "official" for U18, or is it only for GB ? :)

Croatian team played friendly game against Austrian team Villach (U19) and beat them 6:0.

Croatian goalie, Vili Rosandic (1996.) could/should be first star of Croatia at WC. He is playing in Slovakian U18 extraleague and despite his team sucks, he have had solid 90.72% save in 35 games.

Yes you are welcome to post here :)

GB U18 also played a warm up game against top NIHL side Solway Sharks last Thursday and won comfortably 6-2 outshooting them 40-17

Goal scorers:
Taylor (Betteridge)
Hook
Dacres (Whyte)
Hook (Cownie)
Wynn (Attwell)
Cownie

Kiraly 03-27-2013 09:52 AM

Hungarian Roster
 
Goaltenders
Arany Gergely 1996 MAC
Daoda Olivér 1996 Botkyrka (SWE)

Defensemen
Garát Zsombor 1997 MAC
Herner Olivér 1996 MAC
Lakatos Levente 1996 MAC
Pados László 1995 Fehérvár
Stipsicz Bence 1997 MAC
Szaller Márk 1996 Fehérvár
Vokla Roland 1996 Fehérvár

Forwards
Erdély Csanád 1996 Fehérvár
Erőss Zoltán 1995 Kiekko-Vantaa (FIN)
Godó Dániel 1995 Miskolc
Hamvai Szilárd 1995 Fehérvár
Kiss Zsombor 1997 SC Bern (SUI)
Kocsis Ferenc 1995 Fehérvár
Láday Tamás 1996 Fehérvár
Reisz Áron 1995 Fehérvár
Schmál Kristóf 1995 MAC
Szabó Dániel 1995 Fehérvár
Szabó Krisztián 1996 Fehérvár
Tóth Richárd 1995 MAC
Vincze Péter 1995 Fehérvár

Few players missing from the lineup. Couple of injured players are not on the roster and a couple of players in Sweden are also missing - Norbert Hari is not alllowed to suit up for Hungary and Vilmos Gallo is not playing for unknown reasons.

I don't see any exhibition games scheduled. Most likely reason is that Szekesfehervar is still playing in the EBYSL playoffs - game scheduled this Thursday - and there are many players form that team on the national team. I believe the team leaves for Estonia Friday morning.

Dustin Peener 03-31-2013 07:10 AM

First GB game is today at 18:00 GMT against Estonia

Alpine 03-31-2013 07:33 AM

Games are being live steamed..WATCH LIVE on IIHF tourney site
Croatia beat Romania 4-3 in a SO to start the tourney

Dustin Peener 03-31-2013 07:35 AM

I think Hungary will be the team to beat, a 1st or 2nd place finish prediction from me

Call me Suds 03-31-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 62843427)
Games are being live steamed..WATCH LIVE on IIHF tourney site
Croatia beat Romania 4-3 in a SO to start the tourney

They do that every tourney and there's never anything there :cry:

are you actually seeing the stream right now? Don't tease a fella now

Alpine 03-31-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call me Suds (Post 62844581)
They do that every tourney and there's never anything there :cry:

are you actually seeing the stream right now? Don't tease a fella now

Yes...
Lithuania and Hungary on right now.........
Gotta go eat some Easter ham soon but will will watch a bit.
The rink is a rink. Looks like any small town rink

ficohok* 03-31-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 62843427)
Games are being live steamed..WATCH LIVE on IIHF tourney site
Croatia beat Romania 4-3 in a SO to start the tourney

We should have won it in regulation, some stupid mistakes by our D. Goalie Rosandic was very very good, just as I predicted :) Don't be suprise if he wins best goalie award.

Don't know the strenght of Estonia, but as they came from D2 I assume they should be weaker than Romania.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.