HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Around the NHL - IV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383065)

ColePens 03-22-2013 11:18 PM

Around the NHL - IV

Huge props to HT for posting the games for each night. I really enjoy that.

stardog 03-22-2013 11:40 PM

Criminy, what the hell is going on in the Ducks vs Detroit game... Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, and Kyle Palmieri getting into figjts (Palmieri's first...if you wanna call it a fight).... Abdelkader with the HT and Miller and Ericsson dropping the gloves?

Well, at least is was entertaining. VF was pulled...did not look all that swell this evening.

Le Magnifique 66 03-23-2013 05:30 AM

Wings are so unpredictable this year

HuskerTornado 03-23-2013 06:10 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/13zaexj.jpg

End of Line 03-23-2013 07:47 AM

There's a buzz growing here in Columbus about the CBJ, which is awesome.

Ogrezilla 03-23-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Line (Post 62218161)
There's a buzz growing here in Columbus about the CBJ, which is awesome.

I'm glad they are moving to our division. Should be a solid rivalry pretty quickly; even if its mostly just a rivalry between fans more than players.

Shrimper 03-23-2013 08:57 AM

Would love to see Columbus get in the play-offs.

Sidney the Kidney 03-23-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 62219141)
Would love to see Columbus get in the play-offs.

And the Rangers miss the playoffs.

That would be the most epic turn of events ever.

IcedCapp 03-23-2013 12:00 PM

I'm pulling for CBJ. Going to be tough. They've played more games than the teams they trail and their schedule coming up ain't exactly easy, but maybe they are just actually a good team and this isn't a fluke. I hope so. I was born in Ohio, would love to see that team do well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney (Post 62224411)
And the Rangers miss the playoffs.

That would be the most epic turn of events ever.

Kings and Flyers, too! ;)

ColePens 03-23-2013 12:03 PM

A bunch of us who watched some CBJ games early said they looked like a completely different team. They are... an actual team. They play together. They don't have great skill, but it's fun to watch 'em.

I hope they make the postseason, too. I really like that city.

Darth Vitale 03-23-2013 12:12 PM

What is this a frickin Columbus love-in? They are just another division foe now AFAIC. The more we step on their necks and keep them down the happier I am. Starting with making their future more bleak at the trade deadline. Brassard or Anisimov must go and for peanuts. They can keep their underperforming, overpriced JJ and Umbergers to provide "veteran leadership" for the next generation of CBJ failures. ;)

Ogrezilla 03-23-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 62225223)
What is this a frickin Columbus love-in? They are just another division foe now AFAIC. The more we step on their necks and keep them down the happier I am. Starting with making their future more bleak at the trade deadline. Brassard or Anisimov must go and for peanuts. They can keep their underperforming, overpriced JJ and Umbergers to provide "veteran leadership" for the next generation of CBJ failures. ;)

As a team from Ohio, they deserve to be treated as scum. They need to get good enough to be relevant before people remember that.

IcedCapp 03-23-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 62225541)
As a team from Ohio, they deserve to be treated as scum.

barbarians, the both of yous

End of Line 03-23-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCapp (Post 62224617)
I'm pulling for CBJ. Going to be tough. They've played more games than the teams they trail and their schedule coming up ain't exactly easy, but maybe they are just actually a good team and this isn't a fluke. I hope so. I was born in Ohio, would love to see that team do well.

Kings and Flyers, too! ;)

Where at in Ohio?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 62225541)
As a team from Ohio, they deserve to be treated as scum. They need to get good enough to be relevant before people remember that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCapp (Post 62225641)
barbarians, the both of yous

What he said. :D

IcedCapp 03-23-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Line (Post 62226957)
Where at in Ohio?

Opposite side from Columbus

Was born in Salem, which is outside of Youngstown, or about 75 miles south of Cleveland.

Omnomnomnom 03-23-2013 01:44 PM

Tampa is soooo bad.

Beau Knows 03-23-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnomnomnom (Post 62230211)
Tampa is soooo bad.

I almost feel bad for Stamkos. I know his defensive game blows, but he still deserves better than this. If they trade MSL Stamkos will be on his own.

IcedCapp 03-23-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beau Knows (Post 62230799)
I almost feel bad for Stamkos. I know his defensive game blows, but he still deserves better than this. If they trade MSL Stamkos will be on his own.

ain't that the truth! :)

Bad team, lots of holes, but he's not nearly the well-rounded player that people who want to shove him into the top-5 debate say he is.

Great scorer, lots of work to do on the rest of his game.

Beau Knows 03-23-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCapp (Post 62230925)
ain't that the truth! :)

Bad team, lots of holes, but he's not nearly the well-rounded player that people who want to shove him into the top-5 debate say he is.

Great scorer, lots of work to do on the rest of his game.

I would still say he is the 3rd best player. His goal scoring ability more than makes up for his lack of defensive ability. I think he's better than Toews, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, etc. Maybe Karlsson is ahead of him, but I would like to see Karlsson repeat his success before I put him above Stamkos.

ColePens 03-23-2013 02:05 PM

Sarge looks to have found his old self. He looks good out there. Also... Ottawa looks damn good. Scary team.

Omnomnomnom 03-23-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 62231503)
Sarge looks to have found his old self. He looks good out there. Also... Ottawa looks damn good. Scary team.

They have coped amazingly with their injuries. It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when they get some of their guys back.

Shockmaster 03-23-2013 02:32 PM

Hopefully Ottawa continues to do well for the remainder of the season, because I do not want the Penguins playing them in the first round.

Omnomnomnom 03-23-2013 02:58 PM

Stamkos hurt?

IcedCapp 03-23-2013 03:05 PM

Inspired PP here from the Bolts :sarcasm:

IcedCapp 03-23-2013 03:37 PM

Good news for the BJs! San Jose falls 2-0 to the red hot Wild.

Tampa Bay's furious comeback falls short. Score like 3 goals in 5 minutes (no points for Stamkos)