Official Bears/NFL Thread #17 - 2013 Offseason/Draft edition
Continued from: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1344255
Hopefully Emery can rebound from what appears to be a subpar first draft. Just like Stan Bowman rebounded from his bad 2010 draft to strike gold in 2011.
Don't know if I'd call it a subpar draft, got 2 probably 3 starters out of it.
With ILB and TE taken addressed, maybe we can get that vertical threat in Austin. Although I don't think he'll last to 20... Just glad we have a temp solution to ILB, very glad.
Emery is going to trade down if he can
Jeffrey and ?
- McClellin is a major failure so far and is ? going forward
- Hardin is made of glass and hasn't played a competitive game in 2 years
- Rodriguez is more likely to be in jail then starting for Bears in coming years
- Frey has no starting potential and was on practice squad last year
- McCoy never made Bears and is a Viking
Yeah I can't say I'm a big fan of much beyond Jeffrey. There's time for that to change, just saying how it looks to me now.
Regardless, it's far too early to evaluate ANY picks from the 2012 draft, so it's rather silly to even try to judge Emery's drafting ability yet. We can start the conversation at the end of the 2013 season, and can probably say for sure on them by the end of the 2014 season. But to discuss it now is pointless.
@ChicagoBears: LM: #Bears have agreed to terms with safety Tom Zbikowski on a one-year contract. He attended Buffalo Grove HS.
Safety depth behind Wright and Conte (who are prone to getting dinged up from time to time, but solid players) and frankly Hardin who has yet to see the field for Chicago. Seems to also be a solid special teams guy and return man. Also supposed to be a good voice in the locker room. Solid depth signing.
EDIT: Oops. Didn't see MurrayBannerman's post. Sorry for the double.
Its an ok depth signing ,, I have no issues with it
Best news about the Bears signing Zibby is it almost guarantees the Bears won't draft a safety for the 50th straight year.
If you trade down and pick up an early 2nd and another pick you can probably get one of the next tier of guards like Warford there and grab a linebacker like Minter or Brown at 50
1. Kansas City: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
3. Oakland: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
4. Philadelphia: Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State University
5. Detroit: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. San Francisco- from Cleveland: Shariff Floyd, DT/DE, Florida
7. Arizona: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
8. Buffalo: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
9. New York Jets: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
10. Tennessee: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
11. San Diego: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
12. Miami: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
13. Tampa Bay: darko Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
14. Carolina: What the Faulk Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
15. New Orleans: GKJ Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
16. St. Louis: Mathletic D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama,
17. Pittsburgh: John Simon, DE, THE Ohio State University
18. Dallas: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
19. New York Giants: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
20. Chicago: IU Hawks Fan Jonathan Cooper, Guard, North Carolina
21. Cincinnati: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
22. Miami - from St. Louis & Washington: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
23. Minnesota: Keenan Allen, WR, California
24. Indianapolis: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
25. Seattle: DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson
26. New England - from Green Bay: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
27. Houston: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
28. Denver: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
29. Green Bay- from New England: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
30. Atlanta: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
31. Cleveland- from San Francisco: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
32. Baltimore: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
1. Jacksonville: Kyle Long, OL, Oregon
2. Cleveland - from San francisco & Kansas City : Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
3. Philadelphia: Eric Reid, S, LSU
4. Detroit: Matt Elam, SS, Florida
5. Cincinnati - from Oakland: Manti Te'o, Catfish, Notre Dame
6. Arizona: Matt Barkley, QB, University of Southern California
7. Cleveland: supplemental pick used on Josh Gordon
8. Seattle- from New York Jets: Tank Carradine, DE, Florida St.
9. Tennessee: Marcus Lattimore, RB, SC Cox
10. Buffalo: Dallas Thomas, OL, Tennessee
11. St Louis- from Miami: Barrett Jones, center, University of Alabama
12. Tampa Bay: DT Jonathan Jenkins, Not THE Ohio State University but Georgia
13. Carolina: Bennie Logan, Defensive Tackle, LSU
14. New Orleans: bountygate
15. San Diego: Jonathan Hankins, DT OSU.
16. St. Louis: ,Larry Warford Guard University of Kentucky
17. Dallas: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
18. Pittsburgh: T.J. McDonald, S, USC
19. New York Giants: Menelik Watson OT Florida State
20. Chicago: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
21. Washington: Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
22. Minnesota: Sylvester Williams, DT, Universtiy of North Carolina
23. Cincinnati: Jamar Taylor, corner Boise State
24. Miami - from St. Louis Miami & Indianapolis: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
25. Green Bay: Arthur Brown, OLB Kansas State Wildcats
26. Denver from New York Jets & Seattle: Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU
27. Houston: Robert Woods, WR, USC
28. New York Jets- from Denver: DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
29. New England Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
30. Atlanta: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
31. Cleveland- from San Francisco : OLB Sio Moore, UConn
32. Baltimore:WR Terrance Williams, Baylor
1. Kansas City: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
2. Jacksonville: David Amerson, CB, NC State
3. Detroit: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
4. Oakland: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn
5. Philadelphia: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
6. Cleveland: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
7. Arizona: Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
8. Tennessee: Jamie Collins, DE/LB, Southern Miss
9. Buffalo: Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
10. St. Louis - from New York Jets : Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
11. Tampa Bay: Robert Alford, CB, Southeast Lousiana
12. Cleveland - from San Francisco & Carolina : Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno
13. Green Bay from New Orleans : Travis Frederick, Center, Wisconsin
14. San Diego: Justin Pugh, G, Syracuse
15. St. Louis from Miami:Vance McDonald, TE, Rice University
16. St. Louis: A.J. Klein ,LB, Iowa State
17. Pittsburgh: Stefan Taylor, RB, Stanford
18. Dallas: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
19. New York Giants: Kevin Riddick, LB North Carolina
20. New York Jets- from St. Louis, Miami & Chicago Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma
21. Minnesota:Markus Wheaton, WR Oregon St.
22. Cincinnati:Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall University
23. Washington: Stedman Bailey, WR,West Virginia University
24. Indianapolis: David Bakhtiari, OL, Colorado
25. New York Jets - from Seattle:Brian Schwenke, G/C, California
26. Green Bay: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
27. Houston: Sharmarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse
28. New York Jets- from Denver: Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
29. New Orleans from New England via Green Bay : J. J. Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
30. Atlanta: David Quessenberry, T, San Jose State
31. San Francisco: Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
32. Baltimore: Oday Abushi, OT, Virgnina
33. Houston (compensatory): E. J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
34. Kansas City (compensatory): Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
35. Tennessee (compensatory): Cornelius Washington, DE/LB, Georgia
1. Jacksonville: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
2. Kansas City: Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon
3. Oakland: Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
4. Philadelphia: Travis Kelce, Tight End, Cincinnati.
5. Minnesota - from Detroit: Jonathan Bostic, LB, Florida
6. Arizona: Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State
7. Cleveland: Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
8. Buffalo: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
9. Denver-from New York Jets: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
10. Tennessee: Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
11. Carolina: Jordan Mills, OL, LA Tech
12. New Orleans: Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
13. San Diego: Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
14. Miami: Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
15. Tampa Bay: Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
16. New york Jets - from St. Louis: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
17. Dallas: Stansly Maponga, OLB, TCU
18. Pittsburgh: Jake Stoneburner, TE , tOSU
19. New York Giants: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse.
20. Chicago: IU Hawks Fan
The hell do we want?
Trade the pick to the guy running the Dolphins for 5th round picks
I'd go corner or OT in round 4.
I'm not much help at this point of the draft, and all the guys I probably would have like to have taken here are off the board. I agree that CB is probably a good need, but I don't know who I'd take.
Also, taking a flier on RB Marcus Lattimore somewhere is a good idea IMO, the question is where. He has a ton of talent, but had a big knee injury, so while he may have been a first rounder once, teams are scared off of him. He can sit on the Bears IR this season and come in 2014 for a nice one-two punch with Forte and Lattimore (Bush gets cut in this scenario).
I don't know if you get him in the 4th (it might be a bit of a reach) or wait till later in the draft --- perhaps 5 or 6 --- but that's one vote too.
Leon McFadden, CB, SDSU would fit in the 4th
Gavin Escobar is a good value pick in the 4th
I'd be taking him in the 5th round if I didn't already have Ertz
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.