HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Lavoie: Expect the Calgary Flames to be most active team at the deadline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383609)

Rivet52 03-23-2013 07:14 PM

Lavoie: Expect the Calgary Flames to be most active team at the deadline

Renaud Lavoie was on the Sabres-Habs pregame and was discussing the deadline and when asked who he's hearing will be most active, he responded that he's heard the Flames will be and will be doing a lot to change around the team, as it is sitting in the basement of the Western Conference and what the team's been the last few years hasn't worked.

He also mentioned the Chicago Blackhawks might be a trading partner, adding that they might want to add a "big piece" in the hopes of making a run at the Cup again.

First, besides the big fish (Iginla), what other players do you think will be heading out of Calgary? Second, do you think there's a trade to be made between Chicago and Calgary? Which Flames could the Hawks want?

Flamesfan13 03-23-2013 07:18 PM

Im really happy to hear this, its been a painfully ride these past 4 years. Darren Dreger speculated that the hawks pushing for Iggy. i think Cammalleri might be a guy targeted by the blackhawks?

Calculon 03-23-2013 07:18 PM

Bouwmeester, Cammalleri, and Stempniak would be the biggest pieces. Other possibilities include Tanguay, Giordano, Kiprusoff.

Small targets would be guys like Begin, Jackman, Comeau, Butler, Smith, Sarich, and Babchuk.

Alvvays 03-23-2013 07:18 PM

Could see the Hawks being interested in Stajan or Iginla.

Sarava 03-23-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 62251477)
Renaud Lavoie was on the Sabres-Habs pregame and was discussing the deadline and when asked who he's hearing will be most active, he responded that he's heard the Flames will be and will be doing a lot to change around the team, as it is sitting in the basement of the Western Conference and what the team's been the last few years hasn't worked.

He also mentioned the Chicago Blackhawks might be a trading partner, adding that they might want to add a "big piece" in the hopes of making a run at the Cup again.

First, besides the big fish (Iginla), what other players do you think will be heading out of Calgary? Second, do you think there's a trade to be made between Chicago and Calgary? Which Flames could the Hawks want?

You said besides him, but I think that is the one they'd want. Not so much for what he brings on the ice (he does seem a bit past his prime), but more the intangibles and what he would add to the locker room. Sort of the same effect Bourque had with Colorado.

Flamesfan13 03-23-2013 07:20 PM

If a trade for iginla did go down, who would the hawks give up?

Iginla for a 1st + Leddy?

TheHudlinator 03-23-2013 07:22 PM

Isn't this just kind of obvious?

F l a m e s 03-23-2013 07:23 PM

Cammy would look great playing LW for the Hawks. We would absolutely have to east around 2million of the cap-hit, but I could see something in the works there. Cammy @ 4million cap hit is a very valuable piece.

To answer the OP:

I see Iginla, Cammy, Stempniak, Kipper traded at the deadline. I believe we will see JayBow traded at/around the draft. It's time for changes. Big changes

Duck Off 03-23-2013 07:24 PM

Lol watch feaster be a buyer

Rivet52 03-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 62251995)
You said besides him, but I think that is the one they'd want. Not so much for what he brings on the ice (he does seem a bit past his prime), but more the intangibles and what he would add to the locker room. Sort of the same effect Bourque had with Colorado.

When Lavoie said "big piece", my first thought was the Hawks want Iginla. Would be an excellent chance for him to win it all and could really push the Hawks over the edge, even with Kane and Hossa on the roster.

Bowman has said that he will look to make trades and could target a smaller piece (maybe a fourth line center) and that he doesn't want to trade away anyone significant. So, any trade with the Flames, involving Iginla or not, would probably be for picks/prospects, as Bowman doesn't seem willing to subtract any roster players who have been a part of the team's success this season. Chicago has quite a few good prospects though and I'm sure wouldn't be opposed to giving up picks either, including their first.

F l a m e s 03-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 (Post 62252153)

They wouldn't be trading Leddy. He's a top 4 D (better than brodie) and is only 21/22.

If we made a trade with the Hawks, I could see them being interested in one of Cammy / Stajan.

Pyrophorus 03-23-2013 07:27 PM

I'd love for Giordano to come home.

LolClarkson* 03-23-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 (Post 62251905)
Im really happy to hear this, its been a painfully ride these past 4 years. Darren Dreger speculated that the hawks pushing for Iggy. i think Cammalleri might be a guy targeted by the blackhawks?

Would you Cal fan be happy to see Feaster write an offer sheet to Cody Hodgson for almost O'rilly money ?

I think Calgary should do it.

LolClarkson* 03-23-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 62252799)
They wouldn't be trading Leddy. He's a top 4 D (better than brodie) and is only 21/22.

If we made a trade with the Hawks, I could see them being interested in one of Cammy / Stajan.

There is big demand for Iginla though. They might have to.

TheHudlinator 03-23-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrophorus (Post 62253127)
I'd love for Giordano to come home.

1st + Holzer/Ashton?

Sarava 03-23-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldrunner (Post 62253685)
There is big demand for Iginla though. They might have to.

If it's that big, then they will stick with the original plan of looking for a depth center and let other team's pay that price. Nick Leddy has top pairing potential and at worst should be a strong #3.

DJB 03-23-2013 07:37 PM

3 years too late by the Flames. All their top players are too old and won't fetch a kings ranson anymore.

What a shame, I feel bad for that fanbase.

oilersfan11 03-23-2013 07:39 PM

Really good seeing that the Flames will do a rebuild.

I really want to see the "true" battle of Alberta to come back.

DBU 03-23-2013 07:39 PM

This makes me happy. It also makes me sad that we've reached this point.

****. Man. I hate to see this team like this. But I also don't, after what we've been through.

Bring on April 3.

Spawn 03-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 62254527)
3 years too late by the Flames. All their top players are too old and won't fetch a kings ranson anymore.

I think the issue is more that these guys have term left. Lots of teams could be very interested in Cammalari/Tanguay/Stajan/Stempniak. They are all contributing like top 6/9 forwards. But it's tough to add a 3+ million cap hit for beyond this season for a lot of teams.

nik- 03-23-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 62254527)

Well until the Flames get a Hindsight Time Machine, they have to work in the present and not the past.

Blackhawkswincup 03-23-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 62251953)
Could see the Hawks being interested in Stajan or Iginla.

Stajan is awful

Absolutely awful

So bloody awful

No thanks!

allkill326 03-23-2013 07:44 PM

Calgary really should try increasing their depth by dealing Iginla and Bouwmeester. Iginla may not be traded; however, Bouwmeester, I think, needs to go.

Blackhawkswincup 03-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 (Post 62252153)

Leddy no way

Clendening is possible

Very Leddy like dman who was AHL All Star this year (His first professional season)

Richiebottles 03-23-2013 07:46 PM

What would CGY want for J.BO from MTL ?