HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bring Giordano home (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383847)

LEAFANFORLIFE23 03-24-2013 01:43 AM

Bring Giordano home
 
The Flames are clearly in a rebuild and the Leafs are looking for a partner for Phaneuf so Flames fans lets work together and bring Giordano home to play for his hometown team

bWo* 03-24-2013 02:23 AM

Considering past deals between the two i see it as gio to the leafs for Colton Orr and 3 pucks

HighLifeMan 03-24-2013 02:26 AM

Start with a 1st round pick or Matt Finn.

Brooklanders* 03-24-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 62277195)
The Flames are clearly in a rebuild and the Leafs are looking for a partner for Phaneuf so Flames fans lets work together and bring Giordano home to play for his hometown team

I agree guys bring our guys home. They have been away for far too long. ITs cold and its windy. Winning the battles but losing the war time and again. Do it for your country. Giordanos family left Italy for a better life in Canada and he has paid his dues. He is a true patriot and deserves to be with his family. His family needs him more than his brothers in arms.
What will it take to get him back in the town he knows, loves and cherishes?

Brooklanders* 03-24-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLifeMan (Post 62277943)
Start with a 1st round pick or Matt Finn.

Finn is alot to give up. He has been playing great as of late and all indications are that he was a second round steal. Right now he would be worth a first. Despite his expected NHL success with the ceiling as a top pair D man I still make this deal. Giordano loves Toronto and Toronto loves him. We're coming for you Gio.
Bring him home.
Now!

Double Dion 03-24-2013 08:14 AM

Ugh, we should never make another trade with the Leafs again. Even if you guys gave us 5 1sts we'd still wind up losing the deal somehow.

Drew311 03-24-2013 08:40 AM

It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.

King In The North 03-24-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS (Post 62280517)
I agree guys bring our guys home. They have been away for far too long. ITs cold and its windy. Winning the battles but losing the war time and again. Do it for your country. Giordanos family left Italy for a better life in Canada and he has paid his dues. He is a true patriot and deserves to be with his family. His family needs him more than his brothers in arms.
What will it take to get him back in the town he knows, loves and cherishes?

What did I just read...

Brock Radunske 03-24-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bWo (Post 62277915)
Considering past deals between the two i see it as gio to the leafs for Colton Orr and 3 pucks

Kostka and TWO pucks. Take it or leave it.

Brock Radunske 03-24-2013 09:29 AM

I'd like to make a play for Gio. I wouldn't give a 2013 1st though...maybe Finn. I dunno.
One issue with taking a guy like Gio on would be that our top pairing would have a 10.5 million a year cap-hit.

Goodlad 03-24-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 62281545)
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.

Finn was rumored to be one of the three players Feaster/Weisbrod were very interested in at the draft (the other two being Jankowski and Sieloff) so I'm sure something like that would peak their interest.

frankthetank91 03-24-2013 09:44 AM

Joe Colborne (Calgary Hometown boy) + Carter Ashton+4th

Brock Radunske 03-24-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 62283123)
Joe Colborne (Calgary Hometown boy) + Carter Ashton+4th

I'm sure if you changed him to a defensive prospect they'd be more willing...but even then, I'm not sure. I think Gio's fate is tied to J-bo's. Can't move them both.

Stryker Island 03-24-2013 09:52 AM

The Flames are already at max contracts, if they're going to make a move with Gio, it's either gotta be a one for one, or draft picks.

I don't believe the Leafs are willing to part with their 1st, so I would do Gio for a 2nd + 3rd.

Rasmus Reichel 03-24-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS (Post 62280575)
Finn is alot to give up. He has been playing great as of late and all indications are that he was a second round steal. Right now he would be worth a first. Despite his expected NHL success with the ceiling as a top pair D man I still make this deal. Giordano loves Toronto and Toronto loves him. We're coming for you Gio.
Bring him home.
Now!

IIRC finn was projected to go late 1st in many mock drafts and slipped similar to grigorenko, good pick for the leafs

Bond 03-24-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker Island (Post 62283395)
The Flames are already at max contracts, if they're going to make a move with Gio, it's either gotta be a one for one, or draft picks.

I don't believe the Leafs are willing to part with their 1st, so I would do Gio for a 2nd + 3rd.

I would keep Gio at that price

Brock Radunske 03-24-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 62284057)
I would keep Gio at that price

I figured. I don't think the Flames and Leafs are good trading partners because the Flames need futures for a rebuild and the Leafs aren't far enough along to start giving up youth.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 03-24-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokocanuck (Post 62284395)
I figured. I don't think the Flames and Leafs are good trading partners because the Flames need futures for a rebuild and the Leafs aren't far enough along to start giving up youth.

hat depends 1sts? no but there is enough depth in the system to make this move without hurting our future in my opinion

InfinityIggy 03-24-2013 06:27 PM

Finn + 2nd or 1st + ???

Would be about fair I think..

Mystifo 03-24-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 62281545)
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.

My thoughts exactly. Also Gio would give us that top pairing D man we want.

Doobie Dubois 03-24-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 62281545)
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.

Calgary could do better than that.

Brooklanders* 03-24-2013 06:29 PM

Giordano woulde be worth it even if Finn/PERCY ARE the pieces

AlMo 03-24-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokocanuck (Post 62283347)
I'm sure if you changed him to a defensive prospect they'd be more willing...but even then, I'm not sure. I think Gio's fate is tied to J-bo's. Can't move them both.

Colborne and Blacker?

TheHudlinator 03-24-2013 06:30 PM

1st + Ashton/Holzer + Colborne? Both Ashton/Holzer and Colborne are expendable and both could fit in on Calgary.

AlMo 03-24-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 62313755)
Finn + 2nd or 1st + ???

Would be about fair I think..

Leafs have to start keeping their 1st rd picks unless they are getting back impact type players. Giordano is a nice player to have but I would rather keep the first rounder. The Leafs are not winning the Cup this year or next or the year after that so why not continue to build a true winner.

As for Matt Finn, he has become a pretty solid prospect in our organization and I would like to see how he progresses. He may be a Giordano type player in 2-3 years.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.